Project FIGJAM - Page 19 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #451 (permalink)

Member # 458586
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
Looks great! Do you need any special gun to spray the bed liner? Seems to look great in the pics.
I just used the Aerosal cans. My compressor situation is less than sufficient so running a gun was out of the question. I've tried the Duplicolor and other bedliner in a can and have not been impressed to say the least, came out more like undercoating. The Rustoleum has definitely been my favorite. They do sell it in a can so I'm sure you can use it in a gun, but I don't know the details.
Simple'72CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2019, 06:05 AM   #452 (permalink)

Member # 458586
Next question that arises for me in wiring harness. I'm not a wiring guru so making one from scratch is not really what I want to do. Very basic harness is what Im after with provisions from headlights, brake lights, hi/low beam, wipers, and possibly blinkers. 15 Circuit would be a bout perfect I'm thinking. What is everyone running in their buggyish rigs? Obviously don't what to spend a fortune. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #453 (permalink)
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple'72CJ View Post
Next question that arises for me in wiring harness. I'm not a wiring guru so making one from scratch is not really what I want to do. Very basic harness is what Im after with provisions from headlights, brake lights, hi/low beam, wipers, and possibly blinkers. 15 Circuit would be a bout perfect I'm thinking. What is everyone running in their buggyish rigs? Obviously don't what to spend a fortune. Thanks in advance.
I looked around quite a bit to replace the entire harness in my TJ. After a LS swap Iím only using 8-10 circuits and I bet your situation is similar. I am removing extra harness wires at this point but if I was starting from scratch Iíd look at the Switch Pros modules and then picking up a couple spools of good wire and Deutsch connectors. No fuses or crazy relay systems, you can manage the system from your phone if you want to, and itís all circuit breakers and nice simple panel mounts. Lots of buggy guys going to this setup. Itís my backup plan if I donít like the current harness and it can do momentary, flashing, or constant switching for turn signals and horns.

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 06:06 AM   #454 (permalink)

Member # 458586
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
I looked around quite a bit to replace the entire harness in my TJ. After a LS swap Iím only using 8-10 circuits and I bet your situation is similar. I am removing extra harness wires at this point but if I was starting from scratch Iíd look at the Switch Pros modules and then picking up a couple spools of good wire and Deutsch connectors. No fuses or crazy relay systems, you can manage the system from your phone if you want to, and itís all circuit breakers and nice simple panel mounts. Lots of buggy guys going to this setup. Itís my backup plan if I donít like the current harness and it can do momentary, flashing, or constant switching for turn signals and horns.
Good to know! My Fitech kit has the running side taken care of and I'm just needed the chassis harness more of less. I have pretty much zero experience wiring so I just don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I think I just need to start researching diagrams and what not to wrap my head around it.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:58 AM   #455 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 1056
I ended up with a 21 circuit EZ wiring harness that has been in a box for ten years. Column is a typical Saginaw Jeep model. I am not a wiring expert at all.

Young people-inexperienced people- with a little help from me, wired the whole vehicle and with very few issues everything worked the first time. My build is more street-based than yours, but I still only used about half the circuits.

I used what I had, but I'd want less rather than more circuits. Also, every single wire is labeled clearly and labeled quite often actually.

It wasn't hard at all. Honestly, no offense to Painless or whatever, but my kit was pretty cheap and I found no issues with it at all. I'd buy it again in a second.
ToyotaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 07:58 AM   #456 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 1056
I ended up with a 21 circuit EZ wiring harness that has been in a box for ten years. Column is a typical Saginaw Jeep model. I am not a wiring expert at all.

Young people-inexperienced people- with a little help from me, wired the whole vehicle and with very few issues everything worked the first time. My build is more street-based than yours, but I still only used about half the circuits.

I used what I had, but I'd want less rather than more circuits. Also, every single wire is labeled clearly and labeled quite often actually.

It wasn't hard at all. Honestly, no offense to Painless or whatever, but my kit was pretty cheap and I found no issues with it at all. I'd buy it again in a second.
ToyotaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2019, 08:47 PM   #457 (permalink)

Member # 857156
were did you get the tabs with the square hole. must be for nut clips.
LS commando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 03:32 AM   #458 (permalink)

Member # 456402
speedway motors 12 circuit harness will do what you want and its cheap and everything is labeled nicely
Tacedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 06:30 AM   #459 (permalink)

Member # 458586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS commando View Post
were did you get the tabs with the square hole. must be for nut clips.
Goatbuilt sells essentially the same tabs with their chassis, or at least with the one a buddy of mine just built. I copied the idea and drew them up and cust them at work on the plas table. I'll be using carriage bolts to secure the skid panels.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:31 AM   #460 (permalink)

Member # 458586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacedaddy View Post
speedway motors 12 circuit harness will do what you want and its cheap and everything is labeled nicely
Have you used the Speedway Harness?
Old 08-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #461 (permalink)

Member # 745009
awesome fab work. photo skills on point.
macey_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #462 (permalink)

Member # 456402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple'72CJ View Post
Have you used the Speedway Harness?
about 10 times now, plugs into the jeep column. Does everything you would expect it to do. Comes with all the ends and i like the mini fuse block.

Im putting the 22 circuit harness in a 1964 Mack with a positive ground today. my second job is at a resto shop as "The wiring Guy" i've used most if not all of the aftermarket harnesses. If you had a Ford i would advise Centech i can completely wire a 60's bronco in about 6 hrs now with those
Tacedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #463 (permalink)

Member # 100065
I'm loving this build. Super clean fab work and beautiful welding. Inspiring for sure.

Out of curiosity, where do you source your materials from? I buy from Interwest Metals and am unaware of anywhere else.
The Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #464 (permalink)
CSP

Member # 1533
12 circuit EZ Wire is what I've used. Same wire type Painless uses and each wire is labeled every 6".
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #465 (permalink)

Member # 458586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th Unknown View Post
I'm loving this build. Super clean fab work and beautiful welding. Inspiring for sure.

Out of curiosity, where do you source your materials from? I buy from Interwest Metals and am unaware of anywhere else.
I buy all my stuff through work and we get our stuff from EMJ.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:35 AM   #466 (permalink)

Member # 458586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP View Post
12 circuit EZ Wire is what I've used. Same wire type Painless uses and each wire is labeled every 6".
Awesome, just went on their website and thinking this is the route I'll be going. $170 is gonna be pretty hard to beat
Old 10-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #467 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 502649
Any updates on this beast?
Twmdodge99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 02:04 AM   #468 (permalink)

Member # 74066
It's pretty much done, I've seen his FB posts. It looks great. He needs to update on here.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:01 AM   #469 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
Yes, yes he does.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #470 (permalink)

Member # 123332
Hunting season... It'll be a couple weeks
tymbom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #471 (permalink)

Member # 128588
Send a message via AIM to 86chevyjoe
yep, hunting season is in full swing!
Old 10-29-2019, 06:57 AM   #472 (permalink)

Member # 142733
Did I see earlier in the thread there is an instagram account?

Interested to see the updates.
kentuckytwostep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2019, 10:43 AM   #473 (permalink)

Member # 856318
@velasquez_CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner of Aired Down Syndicate
@adsoffroad on Instagram
Alpine_CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2019, 12:17 PM   #474 (permalink)

Member # 458586
I apologize for pretty much dropping off the face of the earth... I was at a mad scramble to get it done for an annual run with the group of guys I run with at the end of September, then it flowed directly into hunting season. I've pretty much got the rig together, but have yet to get it on dirt. Minor issues with getting it to shift, fans coming on, still dialing in brakes, PS pump/pulley issues, steering, etc. all have been little gremlins... Hoping to get all the little shit ironed out very soon and get it out in the woods!

Here's how it sits as of today.

[IMG]IMG_20191022_174717329 by Alex Velasquez, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_20191022_174917633 by Alex Velasquez, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_20191022_175035803 by Alex Velasquez, on Flickr[/IMG]

I'll update the build pic portion hopefully this week.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #475 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 236179
Are you planing to paint the axles, or do you have some sort of clear on them? A rust colored patina would clash with the rest of the rig.

Must be a good feeling to be down to sorting the little shit. Bravo!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in