I have this idea and I dont think anyone's ever done it before... advice? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2019, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 869042
Wink I have this idea and I dont think anyone's ever done it before... advice?

So my thought is, I want to take a j10 hood and chop the sides off of it so only the center "nose" section is left then weld and bondo the hood piece to my cj hood, then make a new core support to make a j10 looking "rhino" grill. Then I want to make j10 fenders with a tube structure and make the front of my cj look like a j10. I dont think this has ever been done before and i just wanna know what the best offroad forum around thinks of this idea?
WeBGPN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Simpsons did it.

It serves no purpose other than looks, thats jk grade bs.

But go for it. Worst case is you dont like it in the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 869042
I just think it would look cool, it's not to do anything but look good.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dinkerdoodledoo

Member # 10448
Send a message via Yahoo to Grendel
I think it's not hard core.

As mentioned, it's been done on JK's.

JK Gladiator Conversion - Chris Durham Motorsports

But it's all looks, not performance.
Youre the only person on earth who knows all the details of your life, and thus, you are the most qualified captain of your own ship. Dont worry about justifying your course for pirate's sake. There's always someone here to tell you that you did it wrong.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 869042
I know it's been done on jks but it looks retarded on a wrangler. I think it would be pretty badass on a cj. You're correct not performance but it would also help me give my radiator more room since I dont have a 258 I have a 4.0 and my radiator has almost no room, this could help when I remake a core support
Old 06-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dinkerdoodledoo

Member # 10448
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBGPN View Post
I know it's been done on jks but it looks retarded on a wrangler. I think it would be pretty badass on a cj. You're correct not performance but it would also help me give my radiator more room since I dont have a 258 I have a 4.0 and my radiator has almost no room, this could help when I remake a core support
Still not hard core.

258 and 4.0 are the same length.

But to each his own, I guess.
Youre the only person on earth who knows all the details of your life, and thus, you are the most qualified captain of your own ship. Dont worry about justifying your course for pirate's sake. There's always someone here to tell you that you did it wrong.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Quote:
Jpbtardin

Wated;
J10 pickup truck in wi
I'm looking for a halfway decent j10 auto or standard that I could work on and fix over the summer PM me if you have somethi
Whats the matter billy, aint got the balls to ask some one for a truck so you can strip it down and ruin 2 truck in a single summer?

Are you 16? You are arent you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
And not even trying to lie about it, i thought he ment cj10. Bfd wtf ever no way he could fuck that up that bad.

J10,

Be sure to buy a redstar so you can post pics kevin

Old 06-06-2019, 04:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
there is CJ7 driving around with Willys truck grille and hood
looks really cool

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019, 05:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 869042
Clearly I made a mistake asking for advice on this. I'm not trying to improve the performance of the jeep because my dad wanted that left the way he did it, 4.0 ax15 Dana 300 twin stick and widetrack axles with 4.54s and Detroit ex lockers. And when I posted that wanted ad I was looking for a j10 that I could restore and drive around. I know where I can find parts to do my front end change but I always thought they were cool. Cleary I shouldn't ask for advice or thoughts.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dinkerdoodledoo

Member # 10448
Quote:
Clearly I made a mistake asking for advice on this. I'm not trying to improve the performance of the jeep because my dad wanted that left the way he did it, 4.0 ax15 Dana 300 twin stick and widetrack axles with 4.54s and Detroit ex lockers. And when I posted that wanted ad I was looking for a j10 that I could restore and drive around. I know where I can find parts to do my front end change but I always thought they were cool. Cleary I shouldn't ask for advice or thoughts.
How about you do ask for advice or thoughts, but in a different manner and a different forum?
Old 06-06-2019, 06:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 79509
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post
Are you 16? You are arent you?

You're on to something

Quote:
Old 06-06-2019, 06:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 20374
make sure and post pics in the ghetto fab/hackjob thread when you get it done!
Grapehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Just hack up the core support if you want a bigger radiator instead off fagging it up with some crossbred inbred hillbilly clusterfuckery
Old 06-07-2019, 06:46 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 456402
Quote:
Originally Posted by posford View Post
Just hack up the core support if you want a bigger radiator instead off fagging it up with some crossbred inbred hillbilly clusterfuckery
Now this is the hardcore section responses i remember we need more of this. every time i post something on my build thread i've got that "someones about to rip me a new A$$hole" feeling and it hasnt happened yet, you guys were slacking but my faith in humanity is now restored
Tacedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2019, 06:58 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 143737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacedaddy View Post
Now this is the hardcore section responses i remember we need more of this. every time i post something on my build thread i've got that "someones about to rip me a new A$$hole" feeling and it hasnt happened yet, you guys were slacking but my faith in humanity is now restored
Nah just post without fear, unless your "build" involves more lightbars than lockers we all do dumb shit and get a bunch of shit for doing it, its half the fun
Old 06-08-2019, 04:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 343
Quote:
Maybe the only "mistake" was posting the question in hardcore, where newbie might have been better received.

Many pro fabbers started out doing "stupid" mods on all sorts of projects. So, complete your plans and learn from it....good or bad out come....as mentioned, do it and if you like or you don't like the final product so be it.

IMO, the CD Glad hood on the JK looks pretty cool....but only from the front. When I see the JK as a whole with that clip...well, not so much.

PS. Detroit "ex" lockers are what...no longer lockers?
cj8scrambld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in