Looking for some help to determine asking price - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
I have a good buddy that had his father in law pass away a few weeks ago. He owned a mechanic shop and has quite a few vehicles that they need to sell to pay for some bills that are still accruing from the business even though it isn't operating anymore until they can sell the business. One of them is a heavily modified 93 Jeep Wrangler. This is in Jacksonville, FL, where there isn't much around to have this type of vehicle, so not a huge market for it here. He originally posted it for sale for $19,500 but a lot of people were giving him flak about the price being way too high. I had a look at it today and it has A LOT done to it, and it's in pretty good shape. I just don't think he shoule try to sell it locally because it'll be worth a lot more to someone who can actually use it like it's supposed to be. I do have a some decent knowledge on parts and can pick out a lot of the things done, but I don't really know the market for Jeeps.

I have no idea what gearing is in it, but it has brand new 42.5x13.5 Super Swampers on 15" bead locks and a 5th one as a spare. Most of the body modifications look to be Poison Spider, Autometer gauges all around, ARP compressor, two Optima batteries with an isolator, Warn winch, Rigid lights, Corbeau seats front and back, cage mount for the spare, a separate Yeti cooler rack, 4 wheel disc (not sure if they were always disc to begin with) and that's about all I can think of at the moment. I don't know anything about the axles or suspension. I was hoping someone with more experience in Jeeps could determine that from some pics.

My buddy's wife thinks her dad was going to put it up for sale for $20k. I'm guessing with him being a mechanic, he would have known a reasonable price to ask for it knowing what he has done to it, and not an outrageous number he'd never get. I'm going to see what pictures I can get loaded up, and hopefully I can get some input from the guys here. Thanks in advance.

Obviously, it's for sale, so you can also let me know if you have any interest and I can get you in touch with my buddy.

I guess at a minimum, if I can just get some input on what mods you see, I can try to get an idea of approximately how much money was put into it and then go from there. I know it's around $3k in just tires alone, and the sticker remnants haven't even worn off the tread yet.

Last edited by TheBFA; 07-13-2019 at 09:29 PM.
TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
So, I can't seem to find anywhere that says the post count required to be able to use links or attachments... I hope I don't get in trouble for post count padding haha.
TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
I forgot to add that is also has a K&N filter charger kit, and a Mishimoto aluminum radiator. And I have no idea what the red plug looking thing is in the 2" or so hose near the firewall that says "stand clear when in use".
TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member # 69633
Location: I live in my body: On the land near Paradise Township, Jefferson State, not by choice.
Posts: 2,082
Sign up with imgur.Com, get the 2nd link from top in the drop down and post that link here using the Yellow box.


ETA: the owner of that jeep (IMO) would be lucky to get 5K with the rust on the frame and the paint peeling like the pictures show.
__________________
This space for rent, cheap!

Last edited by ParadiseAutoElectric; 07-13-2019 at 04:45 PM.
ParadiseAutoElectric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseAutoElectric View Post
Sign up with imgur.Com, get the 2nd link from top in the drop down and post that link here using the Yellow box.
Alright, I appreciate it. I tried to link a Google pics album but it wouldn't let me have a link in my post. I'll try that though.
TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
We'll see if these work here









TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
Damn, they're HUGE









TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
Some more pics. Sorry they are so big









TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
Last ones I have right now



TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseAutoElectric View Post
Sign up with imgur.Com, get the 2nd link from top in the drop down and post that link here using the Yellow box.


ETA: the owner of that jeep (IMO) would be lucky to get 5K with the rust on the frame and the paint peeling like the pictures show.
There actually isn't much rust at all on the frame. Only some spots with some light surface rust. I specifically checked for that because I know that'll decrease the value drastically. All that peeling is line-x coming off. The metal is all sound. There is some rust on some connecting components and surface rust on the front axle, which I've been now told is a 9" and the rear is a Dana 44. The body paint is in really good shape. I didn't see any evidence of it peeling at the edges or any rust spots in it. He seemed to take pretty good care of his vehicles. The interior is very cleanly done with the customization. I would guess he liked to take it fishing judging by the cooler mount and I swear those look like rod holders on the front bumper. That's probably where the weathering came from underneath. But to me it looks early enough to clean up easily and recoat. I'm a specialty welder by trade so like to think I have a pretty good idea about metal. I think the pics make it look worse than it is.

Last edited by TheBFA; 07-13-2019 at 09:11 PM.
TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Member # 854492
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisbee1 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Did you resize them for me? I'm using my phone now so can't tell on the mobile version because they all fit to the screen. I'll delete mine if they are. I really appreciate it.
TheBFA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Crisbee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Member # 133544
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBFA View Post
Did you resize them for me? I'm using my phone now so can't tell on the mobile version because they all fit to the screen. I'll delete mine if they are. I really appreciate it.
Just a couple of them. np glws.
Crisbee1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Member # 332633
Posts: 58
Whats up with those leaf springs only having one layer? Sorry for the noob question, leafs aren't my thing.
motorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2019, 01:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
today
 
fredycruger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 225557
Location: MA
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBFA View Post
I have a good buddy that had his father in law pass away a few weeks ago. He owned a mechanic shop and has quite a few vehicles that they need to sell to pay for some bills that are still accruing from the business even though it isn't operating anymore until they can sell the business. One of them is a heavily modified 93 Jeep Wrangler. This is in Jacksonville, FL, where there isn't much around to have this type of vehicle, so not a huge market for it here. He originally posted it for sale for $19,500 but a lot of people were giving him flak about the price being way too high. I had a look at it today and it has A LOT done to it, and it's in pretty good shape. I just don't think he shoule try to sell it locally because it'll be worth a lot more to someone who can actually use it like it's supposed to be. I do have a some decent knowledge on parts and can pick out a lot of the things done, but I don't really know the market for Jeeps.

I have no idea what gearing is in it, but it has brand new 42.5x13.5 Super Swampers on 15" bead locks and a 5th one as a spare. Most of the body modifications look to be Poison Spider, Autometer gauges all around, ARP compressor, two Optima batteries with an isolator, Warn winch, Rigid lights, Corbeau seats front and back, cage mount for the spare, a separate Yeti cooler rack, 4 wheel disc (not sure if they were always disc to begin with) and that's about all I can think of at the moment. I don't know anything about the axles or suspension. I was hoping someone with more experience in Jeeps could determine that from some pics.

My buddy's wife thinks her dad was going to put it up for sale for $20k. I'm guessing with him being a mechanic, he would have known a reasonable price to ask for it knowing what he has done to it, and not an outrageous number he'd never get. I'm going to see what pictures I can get loaded up, and hopefully I can get some input from the guys here. Thanks in advance.

Obviously, it's for sale, so you can also let me know if you have any interest and I can get you in touch with my buddy.

I guess at a minimum, if I can just get some input on what mods you see, I can try to get an idea of approximately how much money was put into it and then go from there. I know it's around $3k in just tires alone, and the sticker remnants haven't even worn off the tread yet.
i just sold mine similar build for 7K and it was sitting 3 months

currie 9" front and rr axles w arb lockers on board air 86K miles

previous owner spend 30K on upgrades.. 20 years ago
it dont worth shit now, so i kind of see where hes coming with 19 k

for example go and get wheel bearings or brakes for it. and see how much fun it is to get parts
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2019, 04:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Old School
 
Technohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member # 130090
Location: Surrounded by socialists (Exeter, RI)
Posts: 1,788
$20k is way high. IMO you'll be very lucky to get $10k.
__________________
-Eric
Redneck-at-Large
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 191
Location: silicon valley
Posts: 3,784
its got a few things.

front hi pinion 9. springover, although with single leafs its either a paint-shaker quality ride, or spring wrap like a bitch.

looks mostly a bolt-on jeep. that rear shaft angle is terrifying.

as for the new tires, I hope somebody else noticed their currently on backwards. boggers (or any other directional tire) means throwing the mud out of the center of the tire. the way these are mounted they gather mud in the middle.

i'd say its a 7-8K rig on a good day. wiring looks scary. that motor is a leaker.

--Sherpa

GLWTS
__________________
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LAME [/i]
[B]
The guys designing cages for the D9 dozer on your Christmas list are going about this a bit differently way then a few rednecks, too much beer, and a JD2:D [/B][/QUOTE]

SHERPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member # 14004
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,382
Agree with the posts above. Sky high six cylinder too weak to spin the Boggers and axles too weak to hold anyway. YJ not as desirable as a CJ or TJ. On the plus side the body and frame look solid and you are located in the South where this sort of build is at home in the deep mud. I'd ask $10k and settle for $8.5.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- TBI 304/T18a/D300/60/70/5.86/43's
87 Samurai - GSX carbs/16V 1.6/GRS-II/linked rear/31's
Kreep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.