TJ Cage Inspiration Thread - Page 33 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #801 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member # 161721
Location: southern oregon
Posts: 718
My current project.
Attached Images
  
jeepyj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #802 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141827
Posts: 15
Looks good! Build thread on it? Would like to see what you did with the frame.
xtylerx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #803 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member # 161721
Location: southern oregon
Posts: 718
I don't have a build thread. It has a complete tube chassis with a goatbuilt sub frame.
jeepyj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 09:07 AM   #804 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141827
Posts: 15
Nice, hope to see you post pics sometime of how everything is setup. I have been waiting to see how people are putting those Goatbuilt subframes to use.
xtylerx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2016, 01:20 PM   #805 (permalink)
Registered User
 
over's tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Member # 107256
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,059
X2. Cool build
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtylerx View Post
Nice, hope to see you post pics sometime of how everything is setup. I have been waiting to see how people are putting those Goatbuilt subframes to use.
__________________
FFR-FAB-'NEVERENDING BUILD' TJ, 4.0L, AW-4, Atlas,113"wb, hp60/14b, ARBs, 40s
over's tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 03:42 AM   #806 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
Jeepinpickel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Member # 621137
Posts: 154
I know it ain't a tj but inspiration is inspiration. So here's mine
Name:  IMG_2212.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  78.0 KBName:  IMG_2223.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  82.9 KBName:  IMG_2224.jpg
Views: 1674
Size:  69.4 KB
Name:  IMG_2228.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  105.6 KB
And one more recent
Name:  IMG_0330.jpg
Views: 1724
Size:  118.3 KB


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepinpickel12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 03:45 AM   #807 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
Jeepinpickel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Member # 621137
Posts: 154
And one more
Name:  IMG_2214.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  81.6 KB


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepinpickel12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 03:47 AM   #808 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
Jeepinpickel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Member # 621137
Posts: 154
One more I built for a buddy
Name:  IMG_0694.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  102.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0707.jpg
Views: 1730
Size:  96.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0695.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  90.9 KB


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepinpickel12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #809 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700098
Posts: 76
Bring this back to the top! I just got a quote from a local builder for a family cage on my LJ. I'd like to see how it compares to your price as this one is just under $3k unpainted. This was a bit more than I expected but if that's the going rate then I have no complaints. Price check, please!!

-4 point frame tie in w/ poly bushings
-seat belt attachement
-behind the dash
-windshield spreaders
-low profile door bars
-soft top attachment points

1 3/4" x .120 DOM 120ft @ $4.12 $494.40T
Labor to build cage 13hrs @ $85.00 $ 1,105.00T
Labor to install cage 10hrs @ $85.00 $850.00
Seatbelt Bungs 8pcs @ $11.00 $88.00T
4 Point Frame Tie-In 1 @ $200.00 $200.00T
Flat rate consumables fee 1 @ $100.00 $100.00

$2988.00 after tax

Estimate is for a 6 point family style cage with poly bushing frame tie-in at A and B pillar.

Last edited by MACSDAD; 12-13-2016 at 11:06 AM.
MACSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #810 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8108
Location: SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, PA
Posts: 6,055
Where are you located? We do that cage for ~$2K.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MACSDAD View Post
Bring this back to the top! I just got a quote from a local builder for a family cage on my LJ. I'd like to see how it compares to your price as this one is just under $3k unpainted. This was a bit more than I expected but if that's the going rate then I have no complaints. Price check, please!!

-4 point frame tie in w/ poly bushings
-seat belt attachement
-behind the dash
-windshield spreaders
-low profile door bars
-soft top attachment points

1 3/4" x .120 DOM 120ft @ $4.12 $494.40T
Labor to build cage 13hrs @ $85.00 $ 1,105.00T
Labor to install cage 10hrs @ $85.00 $850.00
Seatbelt Bungs 8pcs @ $11.00 $88.00T
4 Point Frame Tie-In 1 @ $200.00 $200.00T
Flat rate consumables fee 1 @ $100.00 $100.00

$2988.00 after tax
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-385-3931--shop
570-385-3932--fax

MADE IN AMERICA---and proud of it!!!

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




We also offer the best service and prices available on:
Advance Adapters
Clayton Offroad Suspension
Raceline beadlocks wheels
ORI struts and Radflo shocks
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #811 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8108
Location: SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, PA
Posts: 6,055
Are you open to any suggestions? If so, you may want to add some simple tubes to this cage. The way that you have it now the A-pillars would fold pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinpickel12 View Post
I know it ain't a tj but inspiration is inspiration. So here's mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something like this would add triangulation and better node placement.
Attached Images
 
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-385-3931--shop
570-385-3932--fax

MADE IN AMERICA---and proud of it!!!

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




We also offer the best service and prices available on:
Advance Adapters
Clayton Offroad Suspension
Raceline beadlocks wheels
ORI struts and Radflo shocks
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #812 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700098
Posts: 76
Is that price with the cage installed and all the other options? I'm located in Calfornia. Got a link to your full cage? Thanks!!

Last edited by MACSDAD; 12-13-2016 at 11:32 AM.
MACSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 12:15 PM   #813 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
Jeepinpickel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Member # 621137
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv View Post
Are you open to any suggestions? If so, you may want to add some simple tubes to this cage. The way that you have it now the A-pillars would fold pretty easily.









Something like this would add triangulation and better node placement.


Yes sir I am. I actually notched some tubing this past week to add as a gusset between the brow bar and the "a" pillar as you marked. The cage is now also tied to the tub where it runs through the dash. Thank you for the suggestions though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepinpickel12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 04:05 PM   #814 (permalink)
P.B.A.
 
RANGERROD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 172656
Location: Your moms
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinpickel12 View Post
Yes sir I am. I actually notched some tubing this past week to add as a gusset between the brow bar and the "a" pillar as you marked. The cage is now also tied to the tub where it runs through the dash. Thank you for the suggestions though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since you basically built your own cage why even start with the factory shit? Just curious
RANGERROD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #815 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138392
Location: dwight il 60420
Posts: 1,474
Send a message via Yahoo to mcrob0202
not a tj but good lines

greenbaen fab the wifes ride
https://youtu.be/2v1OA2D-vqo
https://youtu.be/aJlr5S5qyrA

Last edited by mcrob0202; 06-05-2019 at 02:46 PM.
mcrob0202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #816 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
Jeepinpickel12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Member # 621137
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERROD View Post
Since you basically built your own cage why even start with the factory shit? Just curious


For what the jeep was at the time and what I was doing with it, it was plenty strong but it does now need a more stout cage or at the very least more tube added to this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepinpickel12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #817 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Member # 700098
Posts: 76
Can we get some more LJ pics? Trying to look at different designs. Family cage to be specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95yjjeep View Post
Ranger rod wanted me to post up some LJ cages I've built so here we go. I built two that look very similar.







Off to powdercoater.


I love the Motobilt Stanchion kit for TJ/LJ. I've used it on 3 roll cages.

Cage #2. I added some extra gusseting.
MACSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #818 (permalink)
Registered User
 
over's tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Member # 107256
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,059
Would like to see more cages with lateral triangulation or bracing on B pillar, less use of factory roll bar (especially TJ's) less use of A pillar stanchions, more function over form designs

I know compromises for comfort & passengers exists but remember #1 reason of the cage should be passenger safety
__________________
FFR-FAB-'NEVERENDING BUILD' TJ, 4.0L, AW-4, Atlas,113"wb, hp60/14b, ARBs, 40s
over's tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2016, 05:43 AM   #819 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 343
Location: Belchertown, MA US
Posts: 3,408
AFLAC? Sorry couldn't resist......
Attached Images
 
cj8scrambld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2016, 06:09 AM   #820 (permalink)
Registered User
 
92vegasYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Member # 135583
Location: Portsmouth, Va
Posts: 186
Heres mine. I changed up my old cage which was a fastback I built for my YJ. I cut it just aft of the B pillar and built a new rear section for my YJ Unlimited build. I also built a removable rear seat bracket for my son.















92vegasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #821 (permalink)
P.B.A.
 
RANGERROD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Member # 172656
Location: Your moms
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92vegasYJ View Post
Heres mine. I changed up my old cage which was a fastback I built for my YJ. I cut it just aft of the B pillar and built a new rear section for my YJ Unlimited build. I also built a removable rear seat bracket for my son.
















Do you have a build thread. Very nice work.
RANGERROD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #822 (permalink)
Registered User
 
92vegasYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Member # 135583
Location: Portsmouth, Va
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERROD View Post
Do you have a build thread. Very nice work.
Thanks. I have a build thread on JF. Project White Squid --- one ton YJ - JeepForum.com
92vegasYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2016, 05:32 AM   #823 (permalink)
Registered User
 
-jb-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 117969
Location: 540 of VA
Posts: 1,466
I'm in the idea phase of doing a cage for a TJ project I'm working on. I came across this cage for about $700. I was seeing what others thought. Comes unwelded.

I'm thinking of just buying a bender and doing my own, but wanted opinions on the cage below. My rig is being built for a crawler that will be carrying my wife and son. No go fast unless it's to drive it down the road to the store.



This is for an LJ
__________________
Lets go wheelin!!!

Last edited by -jb-; 12-22-2016 at 05:33 AM.
-jb- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #824 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8108
Location: SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, PA
Posts: 6,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb- View Post
I'm in the idea phase of doing a cage for a TJ project I'm working on. I came across this cage for about $700. I was seeing what others thought. Comes unwelded.

I'm thinking of just buying a bender and doing my own, but wanted opinions on the cage below. My rig is being built for a crawler that will be carrying my wife and son. No go fast unless it's to drive it down the road to the store.



This is for an LJ
Looks like a nice design. I would like to see some triangulation in the front section above the driver and passenger--the most common roll/flop is at the upper windshield so transferring that to the opposite side of the B-pillar is better than wracking the front section.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-385-3931--shop
570-385-3932--fax

MADE IN AMERICA---and proud of it!!!

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




We also offer the best service and prices available on:
Advance Adapters
Clayton Offroad Suspension
Raceline beadlocks wheels
ORI struts and Radflo shocks
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #825 (permalink)
Registered User
 
-jb-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 117969
Location: 540 of VA
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv View Post
Looks like a nice design. I would like to see some triangulation in the front section above the driver and passenger--the most common roll/flop is at the upper windshield so transferring that to the opposite side of the B-pillar is better than wracking the front section.
Yeah I noticed that as well.
__________________
Lets go wheelin!!!
-jb- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.