5.3 Jeeps - Page 159 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #3951 (permalink)

Member # 194021
Thanks Wayne I will study over these diagrams I dont know how something that seems to be so simple can become so confusing I have got to figure something out Im at the point of no return now HaHa if anyone else has got any ideas on this Im all open to suggestions I am going to call Novak tuesday and see what they tell me to do based on their instructions I wish AzSahara could tell us how they got his working maybe he will read this and respond
Oh yeah Wayne just want to tell you I like the tune and the way my transmission shifts I really appreciate it !!

Last edited by ALLJ; 09-01-2012 at 11:19 AM.
ALLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #3952 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLJ View Post
Thanks Wayne I will study over these diagrams I dont know how something that seems to be so simple can become so confusing I have got to figure something out Im at the point of no return now HaHa if anyone else has got any ideas on this Im all open to suggestions I am going to call Novak tuesday and see what they tell me to do based on their instructions I wish AzSahara could tell us how they got his working maybe he will read this and respond
Oh yeah Wayne just want to tell you I like the tune and the way my transmission shifts I really appreciate it !!
Awesome and your welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, DynoMAX Exhaust, AllTech Motorsports, Radflo Shocks, PAC Racing Springs, JM Rigging Supply, Reid Racing, Rugged Radios, Trail-Gear, Life-Time LED Lights, RuffStuff Specialties, Randy's Racing Transmissions, A1 Performance Converters, Maxxis Tires, Jesse Haines Fab, CBR Performance, PRP Seats, Exhaust Solutions, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #3953 (permalink)

Member # 204506
Thanks a lot Wayne!
Till end of the week I will know more ... but it looks like the guys at the shop prefer to completely bypass the GM pcm, although according to the 01 camaro diagram it looks doable to use the GM pcm to control (and sense?) the compressor via input from my Jeep dash ...
Who knows ... maybe the shop guys just want to avoid any "confusion" with the different ways possible and have developed their own standard way.
They are doing several swaps a month ... different donors, different 4x4s, some Jeeps (TJs and JKs) and mostly Nissan Patrols

Old 09-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #3954 (permalink)

Member # 174915
Kevin--you have a PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #3955 (permalink)

Member # 194021
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSahara View Post
Kevin--you have a PM.
Got it thanks John your jeep is looking good I appreciate it I hope your guy can help me with the wiring diagram for the AC switch
Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #3956 (permalink)

Member # 26940
Send a message via AIM to Clemsonkrawler
Has anyone tried the 2004 Caddie CTSV oil pan instead of the typical FBody oil pan?

12631828 - CTSV oil pan
12628771 - F Body pan

When looking at diagrams on gmpartsdirect.com it shows the CTSV pan as including the oil pan gasket, baffle, The fitting everyone drill/taps for oil pressure and it's gasket for $115. Where the fBody pan alone is $182. The pic in the diagram kinda sucks so I can't tell how similar it is. Anyone have any insight into this?

EDIT:

Nevermind. Found the info on LS1 tech.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...-oil-pans.html

Last edited by Clemsonkrawler; 09-02-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Clemsonkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #3957 (permalink)

Member # 48545
Oil pans!

Bo185 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #3958 (permalink)

Member # 223357
I have a question about the oil pressure sensor. In the diagram it shows to remove the pins for it on the Ecm connector. So after you do that you no longer need the oil pressure sensor? I can connect a mechanical gauge and be good?
pigfat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #3959 (permalink)

Member # 165655
I just got my 1970 Jeepster on the road with a LM7. I wasn't sure whether the abs tone ring in the isuzu rodeo dana 44 I swapped in would generate a vss signal so I gave it a shot and it works. It reports a speed that's about 60% of actual but that's close enough to work for my needs. I am pretty sure that Wayne left my pulse rate at the stock value since I didn't ask for anything different.

Wayne, thanks for the excellent service. Great work on the tune too!

Here's the thread for my swap:
http://jeepstercommandoclub.com/foru...hp?f=9&t=13892
osubeaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #3960 (permalink)

Member # 48545
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfat View Post
I have a question about the oil pressure sensor. In the diagram it shows to remove the pins for it on the Ecm connector. So after you do that you no longer need the oil pressure sensor? I can connect a mechanical gauge and be good?
You really don't need it unless its a Gen IV motor IMO.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #3961 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfat View Post
This has been discussed at least twice in this thread...

Some require it and some don't. Some require the coolant temp as well.

Run it without, and if you have a lack of power, hook them up.

10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, DynoMAX Exhaust, AllTech Motorsports, Radflo Shocks, PAC Racing Springs, JM Rigging Supply, Reid Racing, Rugged Radios, Trail-Gear, Life-Time LED Lights, RuffStuff Specialties, Randy's Racing Transmissions, A1 Performance Converters, Maxxis Tires, Jesse Haines Fab, CBR Performance, PRP Seats, Exhaust Solutions, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #3962 (permalink)

Member # 194021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonkrawler View Post
Has anyone tried the 2004 Caddie CTSV oil pan instead of the typical FBody oil pan?

12631828 - CTSV oil pan
12628771 - F Body pan

When looking at diagrams on gmpartsdirect.com it shows the CTSV pan as including the oil pan gasket, baffle, The fitting everyone drill/taps for oil pressure and it's gasket for $115. Where the fBody pan alone is $182. The pic in the diagram kinda sucks so I can't tell how similar it is. Anyone have any insight into this?

EDIT:

Nevermind. Found the info on LS1 tech.
Got one on mine 6.0 4L80 worked out good does not hang down past the pan on the transmission
Old 09-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #3963 (permalink)

Member # 192442
Anyone have a line on a set of C6 Corvette Exhaust Manifolds? PM me if you do. Want them for my swap but haven't had much luck looking online. Thanks!

[COLOR="Red"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]CHECK OUT 4 WHEEL TO HEAL[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

4 Wheel to Heal

Build Thread
boarderofsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #3964 (permalink)

Member # 212503
i haven't read this whole thread so this might already been noted..i have a dodge nv4500 with a np205..it came out of a gas truck..the input shaft is 10 spline course..what will i need to make it work with my 99 5.3?
wranglerkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #3965 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 170604
Putting an NV4500 behind an LS engine has been discussed many times in this thread (ad nauseum actually). Use the "Search this Thread" feature and you'll find all the info you need.
Dublin1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #3966 (permalink)

Member # 194021
Quote:
Got the AC working I made a call to Novak and finally got to talk with the guy I purchased my conversion stuff from and turns out I was kinda on the right track with the wiring after he explained to me that the wires they had left in my harness for the AC actually went thru the relay in the harness and and did not actually have anything to do with the GM ECM at all. It was so simple to wire and make my electric fan come on when the AC switch is turned on since I still had my jeep relay panel all I did was used the 12V+ compressor feed wire to supply the 12V signal to the relay wire they supplied and I cut the jeep pressure sensor wires out and simply wired the two together on both switches and then I wired the switches back into the system using the pressure sensor wire they supplied in a series to the compressor and grounded it works like a champ air is good and cold the fan comes on with about a 4-5 second delay Thanks guys for all the different opinions maybe this will help someone else that runs into the same problem
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #3967 (permalink)
OUTLAW MOTORSPORTS

Member # 69112
What is the little line that's under the throttle body that coolant comes out of? Where does it need to hook up to? Can I plug it? 2000 6.0 Chevy
Old 09-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #3968 (permalink)

Member # 194021
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorchevy View Post
What is the little line that's under the throttle body that coolant comes out of? Where does it need to hook up to? Can I plug it? 2000 6.0 Chevy
My radiator had a port for it to put the coolant back into the system it does not need to go thru the throttle body I have seen where some have said that they just plug it off some of the other guys on here can tell you for sure I;m just not certain
Old 09-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #3969 (permalink)

Member # 204506
And some say the correctly connected steamport helps with a good working cooling system.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #3970 (permalink)

Member # 48895
not a great idea to plug it off, the system needs it there or it will build up air and you'll have cooling problems. i drilled and tapped a 1/8 npt port in the water pump. Most guys put a T in the upper rad hose... search for ls steam port and you'll find plenty of examples..
Old 09-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #3971 (permalink)
OUTLAW MOTORSPORTS

Member # 69112
Quote:
Originally Posted by aintlifegrand View Post
not a great idea to plug it off, the system needs it there or it will build up air and you'll have cooling problems. i drilled and tapped a 1/8 npt port in the water pump. Most guys put a T in the upper rad hose... search for ls steam port and you'll find plenty of examples..
Where did u drill water pump at? Have any pics?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #3972 (permalink)

Member # 48545
Quote:
The line under the TB is for the TB coolant heater. It is not needed. Just remove the lines no need to even block it off. Then the supply line form the block port that went to the TB needs to be routed to the radiator. If you don't have a bung in it for this then you can drill and tap the top of the water pump. Or easily by a T fitting for the upper rad hose. This installs inline and has bung for the steam line.

Summit sells them in various sizes.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-2201/

Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #3973 (permalink)

Member # 48895
Quote:
Where did u drill water pump at? Have any pics?
I drilled and tapped the boss below the upper hose outlet.. I'll take a picture later and post it up...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #3974 (permalink)

Member # 174915
Quote:
Got the AC working I made a call to Novak and finally got to talk with the guy I purchased my conversion stuff from and turns out I was kinda on the right track with the wiring after he explained to me that the wires they had left in my harness for the AC actually went thru the relay in the harness and and did not actually have anything to do with the GM ECM at all. It was so simple to wire and make my electric fan come on when the AC switch is turned on since I still had my jeep relay panel all I did was used the 12V+ compressor feed wire to supply the 12V signal to the relay wire they supplied and I cut the jeep pressure sensor wires out and simply wired the two together on both switches and then I wired the switches back into the system using the pressure sensor wire they supplied in a series to the compressor and grounded it works like a champ air is good and cold the fan comes on with about a 4-5 second delay Thanks guys for all the different opinions maybe this will help someone else that runs into the same problem
Hey Kevin--glad to hear you figured this one out. I'm here a few days late but it's more important that you've made it work. I was able to talk with the guy who rewired my AC and he pretty much did what you did. The key is to run the 12+ signal for the compressor to the relay for the compressor. The signal off the HVAC selector (max, air, fresh, heat, defrost) is actually a ground signal and feeds the ground on the relay. Actually pretty simple when you look at the wiring diagram. Normally the ground feeds the jeep ECU, but since that's long gone in my jeep we just connected it to the ground on the compressor relay and it works great!

Last edited by AZSahara; 09-13-2012 at 10:31 AM.
AZSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #3975 (permalink)

Member # 194021
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSahara View Post
Hey Kevin--glad to hear you figured this one out. I'm here a few days late but it's more important that you've made it work. I was able to talk with the guy who rewired my AC and he pretty much did what you did. The key is to run the 12+ signal for the compressor to the relay for the compressor. The signal off the HVAC selector (max, air, fresh, heat, defrost) is actually a ground signal and feeds the ground on the relay. Actually pretty simple when you look at the wiring diagram. Normally the ground feeds the jeep ECU, but since that's long gone in my jeep we just connected it to the ground on the compressor relay and it works great!
Thanks John it ended up being pretty simple after all the head scratching I did LOL after Novak explained the wiring they left me for the AC function I appreciate all the help and opinions from everyone I'm gonna buy me a red star so I can post some pictures of my build its almost done now maybe someone will like looking at them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in