5.3 Jeeps - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4089 View Post
do you have pics of this??? I had a 4x4 shop swap a 5.3, 700r4 and dana 300 in my 83 cj...they said the front drive shaft will be a 2 piece with carrier bearing. No big deal i guess, i just wanted to see how other were building these shafts.

Also does anyone have pics of there oil pans for the 5.3's I feel like the truck pan hangs down really low, and i dont like it at all. I dont know if its because of the way this shop mounted the motor or what, but its to low for my comfort. I was thinking of swapping out oil pans, but i dont know if anyone has done that before or not.
Talk to [email protected] on here.... He just swapped out pans for this reason and he'd know what the donor was...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, DynoMAX Exhaust, AllTech Motorsports, Radflo Shocks, PAC Racing Springs, JM Rigging Supply, Reid Racing, Rugged Radios, Trail-Gear, Life-Time LED Lights, RuffStuff Specialties, Randy's Racing Transmissions, A1 Performance Converters, Maxxis Tires, Jesse Haines Fab, CBR Performance, PRP Seats, Exhaust Solutions, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 121349
Filter/Gasket GM#24236799
Shallow Pan GM#8667545
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 87698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrewball View Post

when i do the swaps(5.3, 4.8, 5.7 and 4l60e) into FJ 40 landcruisers, i get the shallow pan and advance adapters narrow driveshaft kit. it is still tight, but it works.

if you are interested i can get the part numbers i use and post them(trans pan and filter)
I checked AA"s web page but didn't see anything about a narrow driveshaft kit. More Info please, thanks

fasten your seat belt, it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your rig
----

NRA LIFE MEMBER

----
beefdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 11:18 AM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 121349
didn't check their site, but found paperwork. AA # 716370 (for course spline toyota t/c)
Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 97519
LS oil pan tech here: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...-oil-pans.html
HumboldtNick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #81 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapoppa View Post
yes, i ran a stock 3550 with a ls 2. put a 4ls0e in. i have a bell housing and clutch flywheel if anybody wants them. mase
You still have this? I sent you a PM a few days ago with no response....

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, DynoMAX Exhaust, AllTech Motorsports, Radflo Shocks, PAC Racing Springs, JM Rigging Supply, Reid Racing, Rugged Radios, Trail-Gear, Life-Time LED Lights, RuffStuff Specialties, Randy's Racing Transmissions, A1 Performance Converters, Maxxis Tires, Jesse Haines Fab, CBR Performance, PRP Seats, Exhaust Solutions, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
Old 01-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 125421
well...i drove my jeep yesterday for the third time since the swap I gagged it going down the road at around 20mph...the rear end broke loose...then i blew up all the spider gears, inside the dana 44....what a wonderful newyears for me!!! Now im gonna buy an arb and throw it in there...oh well...
mike4089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 14395
damn, did you mash it to the floor or just kinda get on it? my 8.8 is holding up good so far.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 126126
I got my harness from howell which made a direct plugin for a cj7. I like my 700r4 and you can buy one with a mild build up.

Did any body else have a overheating problem with the 5.3 conversion?
Canyonmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 125421
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy85 View Post
damn, did you mash it to the floor or just kinda get on it? my 8.8 is holding up good so far.
i was maybe 3/4 throttle...tires just let loose and that was it...im going ARB locker...it should be alot stronger then the factory spider gears....oh well there was nothing i could do but laugh at the situation
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 27832
hwta are you guys using for a throttle cable and how about the fuel system? I've heard lots of mixed things about fuel delivery
cherokee kidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #87 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee kidd View Post
hwta are you guys using for a throttle cable and how about the fuel system? I've heard lots of mixed things about fuel delivery
I'm no where near this point, but for now I plan on keeping the drive by wire and TJ fuel system. If I need more fuel, I'll upgrade the pump to the Walboro 255 like others have done. My last resort will be the 99 Corvette fuel filter, return line and hollowed out pressure regulator.

I wonder if you can change the pressure coming out of the stock TJ regulator? Hmmmmmmmmm I've never had one apart myself, so I'm not sure if once apart it can be put back together with a heavier spring?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 14395
i ran a new bulkhead in my tj tank, all new 3/8 supply line, a mallory external pump, check valve, and filter. i used the factory supply line as the return line. it works great and the mallory pump is alot quieter than the ebay inlines.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 14395
throttle cable was donated by the truck tht my motor came out of, it works fine.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 121349
i'll tell you what i use for the landcruisers that get the LS series truck motors.

lokar throttle cable fot the LS series engine. they are really nice to work with and not really that expensive.

have been using the MSD 2225 inline fuel pump, but it is very noisy. i am currently looking for a much quieter option(i will look into the mallory pump)

for the fuel lines, use a puralator gm filter with the threaded ends and get the fittings from advance auto parts fron tthe help section. they also have the quick connect fittings for fuel rail(has quick connect on one side and a barb on the other.

i didn't read the entire thread, so if this has already been covered just ignore me.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
What are you guys using for shifters with your autos?

I'm wondering if the TJ auto shifter will work with the 4l60e?

Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #92 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminLizard View Post
We are finishing up a Ls-6, th400, atlas Tj. Painless wiring, all Advanced Adapter parts. I did change the altanater bracket, due to fender clearance and the crappy factory steering pump. Upgraded to PSc p-pump. Check it.

Do you have more pictures of what you did with the exhaust? Did you put a cat in it or just muffler? Thanks!!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 14395
i used a lokar shifter in my tj, it mounts to the top of the 4l60e, sticking up through the floor it looks like a manual shifter. works awesome, one of my favorite swap pieces.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 125421
same shifter i used in my cj....looks awesome and is a quality piece
Old 01-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 121349
also used the lokar shifter and it works very well. it is a bit tricky to adjust the linkage on a 4L60 with the PNP switch.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #96 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
i used a lokar shifter in my tj, it mounts to the top of the 4l60e, sticking up through the floor it looks like a manual shifter. works awesome, one of my favorite swap pieces.
Got a picture to share so I can see what it looks like installed?

Old 01-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 101004
73 cj5 -vortec 5.7 ,full manuil 350 trans ,205 case
bugkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 72689
Quote:
What length lokar shifter did you use?
hornhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 72689
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjosh View Post
I am running the Edelbrock Shorty Headers (rear dump) with ceramic coating. They fit great. I also ordered them from Summit. Part # EDL-65002
What motor mounts did you use?

My motor mounts came from Advance Adapters and was told the center dump would have issues.
hornhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 29058
Is it the cable shifter or the one with the linkage for the 4L60E. I am looking for a shifter aswell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in