Same Thing Diffrent Day TJ 1 Ton Build - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Hardcore Tech
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #51 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDK View Post
Very nice build and where I'm heading. How the heck is Cleveland??? I graduated from Lee and spent a fun 4 yrs there!
Cleveland is the same as it always is. Lee U, however is undergoing some major upgrades. A new Science and Math building and they have purchased the old Cleveland Library and some other houses that are close by. I hope they buy that whole area, we sale them paint and lots of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilwhitey View Post
Very Nice! Doing a similar build for a friend. Any more pics of the front suspension? Specifically shots front the front showing the whole setup and of the panahrd to diff clearance.
Thanks for the comments. Here are some more.
This is all the way up.

And at ride height.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bddisi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 1497
Looks good!!! Quick question for you. Who's frame end link mounts are you using and do you have any pics of them. Thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #53 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Looks good!!! Quick question for you. Who's frame end link mounts are you using and do you have any pics of them. Thanks
This is about all I could find, I will take some later. It is the frame brackets from my Teraflex long arm kit.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 143906
Man was your jeep at the jeep jam down at ringold chrysler jeep this past summer? Im pretty sure that was you I saw. Badass rig by the way
TennesseeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #55 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
So I got a few more things done, I finished up the lower control arms. I got them welded up, primed and put back on the jeep. I also sold my rear bumper-tire carrier. Made a simple rear bumper and got it mocked up. I finished up one of the frame to roll bar tie ins. I also got a few springs together to try out, for lowering the ride height.

I also got this welded up.

More later.......

Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
Ok, so the tires finally got here and I got two of them mounted up this evening. I put them on the driverside of the jeep. The jeep is still on jack stands but the tires are barley touching the ground. Just as I knew it would be, very tall. I will mount the other two tires tomorrow and start swapping out springs. Here are the pictures.

More later.........

Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #57 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
So I got the other 2 tires mounted up this evening and the jeeps full weight is on the tires now. I got a measurement to the top of the windshield frame is 81in. I will start changing springs out tomorrow. I would like to lower it about 3 to 4 in or more.

More later.........

Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 120912
looks great, fast build!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #59 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
I got a chance to change the springs around and here is where I ended up. These are pictures of the new ride height and the clearances. The springs in the front are RE 3.5 with 3/4 spacer and the rear are factory ZJ-TJ front???? I will try one more thing, factory tj rear springs and up front no 3/4 spacer with the RE 3.5s. I like the height it is at now but just a little lower would be ok too. On the passenger side front, the problem will be the drag link hitting the frame, I might have to notch that?? Measurement now to the top of the windshield frame is 79in.
The 2 pictures below are, 1st pic 3.5 springs 2nd pic 5.5 springs.

So I did the best I could with what I had. I put a couple of 6x6s under the driver side front tire and jacked the passenger rear up. This was as far as I could safely get it to compress.

On the driver side the track bar was the only thing that I was concerned with. Close...

More later..........

Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 119211
You do not mess around with your build. You have done alot of work in a short time. It looks great.
97' Jeep tj 4:56 gears locked front & rear 35" tires. 05' H2 sut 6" fab tech lift
DirtNMyTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #61 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
You do not mess around with your build. You have done alot of work in a short time. It looks great.
I think I started around Oct 10th or so. It seems like a long time to me, but I guess maybe it isn't. I still have a lot to do. Gears, fuel lines, brake lines, drive shafts, hydro assist, spare tire carrier, etc.etc.etc. I hope to be done sometime in early March. Thanks for the comment........

Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 67639
I am in the process of doing about the same install in the front with links. Do you have any pictures of front upper link at frame side. I am having same issue with trackbar and pipman arm. I pushed front axle out couple inches so everything is close. I was just curious how far aft you mounted upper link bracket. Also I like the way you have pictures with different spring sizes installed. It kinda helpa me decide what size springs to try.

Thanks
Kyle

Last edited by TRLR8TDTJ; 02-11-2010 at 09:24 PM.
TRLR8TDTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 115187
Very Nice.

My Build - [B]
[/B]

[B]
[/B]
burrellsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 147039
Subscribed, doing much the same here in AZ
Dads TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 133869
you do very nice and clean work,
how about some stock springs? I bet that would look cool as hell

-Alex
alehandro3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 112150
nice work. watch that garage door on the way out!LOL
85'scrambler
85'scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #67 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRLR8TDTJ View Post
I am in the process of doing about the same install in the front with links. Do you have any pictures of front upper link at frame side. I am having same issue with trackbar and pipman arm. I pushed front axle out couple inches so everything is close. I was just curious how far aft you mounted upper link bracket. Also I like the way you have pictures with different spring sizes installed. It kinda helpa me decide what size springs to try.

Thanks
Kyle
Thanks,
I will try to get some pics of the front upper mount up on here for you tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrellsjeep View Post
Very Nice.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads TJ View Post
Subscribed, doing much the same here in AZ
Thanks, build thread????

Quote:
Originally Posted by alehandro3 View Post
you do very nice and clean work,
how about some stock springs? I bet that would look cool as hell
I did put a set of stock tj springs on there, I didn't take any pics though. It will sit on them ok, but there is very little to no up travel in the front. The drag link likes about 1/4in before hitting the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85'scrambler View Post
nice work. watch that garage door on the way out!LOL
85'scrambler
Thanks.
Ya I here ya, it will now pass through. Before I put the 3.5 springs on there, there was no way.
I am now doing some painting on the rear quarter guards and tomorrow I will pick up a set of f250 shock towers for the rear out boarded shocks.
More later..........

Old 02-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRLR8TDTJ View Post

Thanks
Kyle
Here are a couple pics. It is basically just a piece of 1/4in plate welded to the bottom of the frame with a link bracket welded on it. There is another 1/4in piece of plate welded from the back of that to the frame.

Hope this helps..

Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #69 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
So I was able to get a little painting done this afternoon. I got the rear quarter guards painted. I still have to do a little touch up and clear coat them. Not to bad for a rattle can job?

More later........

Old 02-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 147039
If those are 5 gallon buckets under the rig, it really gives a good perspective on the heighth of the monster!

Grreat work by the way!
Dads TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 154157
Damn awesome build! Are you gonna be able to get that out of the garage ?

Last edited by jonstar; 02-15-2010 at 11:02 PM.
jonstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 142451
Awesome rig!! Nice job!
NHstomper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 124275
Lookin great! Now hurry up and get the POS done.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #74 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
Thanks for the comments.
So I got these from the Ford dealership. Then I cut them up. I cut them so they would lean outwards from the frame about 2.5in. Thats one of the nice things about fullwidth axles, especially the rear, lots of room. I didn't want to cut back in to the frame, so this was a easy way to mount the shocks and get them to the height I wanted.

More later.........

Old 02-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132409
BTW, this is still going to work with the shocks mounted there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in