TJ hydro assist - Redneck Ram - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 197530
TJ hydro assist - Redneck Ram

Need some input on a redneck ram for my 97 TJ. It has detroits front and rear, HP Ford 44 and Ford 9 inch. The steering linkage is all DOM and Heims, it is on 35's with beadlocks. I will probably move up to 36's or 37's when my 35's wear out.

Problem is the stock steering just sucks being locked up front. I am considering a Redneck Ram and want some people who have run one to chime in here... The jeep is not my daily driver but I do drive it to work (50 mile commute a few times per week).

How does the Redneck Ram work for ya? On the trail with a front auto locker and on the street?
Commantoad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 143323
Best upgrade you can put on your rig. Get rid of the Heims and replace the with 1ton tie rod ends. Do the upgrade they suggest to improve flow on your pump and you will love the setup. It is like having a 2500 psi steering damper on your rig, the wheels only move when you turn the wheel. No more bump steer or tire shake at lower tire pressure. I had a selectable locker on my last d44. In the last couple of weeks of my 1ton swap now. My new d60 has a lock right in it so we'll see in a couple weeks.
Get a sitter and take her somewhere nice. Obviously "nice" is reliant on budget, as my nice might be crawfish and draft shiner at a dive bar followed by rough backseat sex parked behind Gander Mountain- whereas your nice will probably differ from that.
bjordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 197530
Why would I want to replace the heims with tie rod ends??

The heims and grade 8 bolts are much stronger....
Commantoad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in