Pirate 4x4 banner

Replaced ECM/computer 04 TJ- now idles like crap

545 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dookey 
#1 ·
I recently had to spend a shit ton of money and have my computer or brain in my jeep replaced, had it flashed to the VIN# etc etc, so the problem is the idle dives when I either hit the brakes or when I down shift, it almost stalls, and it did once, and I had to restart it, I never had that problem before, not sure what the issue could be?

its a 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon swb

any info or ideas to trouble shoot the rough idling issue- it only does it at said above times, never when just sitting idling or when there is a load on the engine, runs fine otherwise..........

Thanks again

#3 ·
no sir- just replaced it with all the factory settings- it only does it when I slow to a stop and bring the jeep to a stop- rough idle, then it almost dies, then , it's fine again-

how do I drain the ECU? , unhook the battery for a few minutes and then reattach the negative terminal? or do I need a scan tool?

thanks Dookey- for the help

#4 ·
Take the positive cable off your battery and hold it to the negative terminal on the battery. It will drain all the capacitors in the ECM and make it start from scratch. It is the first step towards heading in the correct direction. Try it and report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.