Extra Wide Seats in Jeep TJ - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2018, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Send a message via ICQ to DriverJC Send a message via Yahoo to DriverJC
Extra Wide Seats in Jeep TJ

I'm trying to decide what seats to get for my 1Ton TJ build, and I've narrowed it down to either the Mastercraft 3G, PRP Comp Elite, or the PRP Podium, as these are the most comfortable of the seats I tried.

So...

Does anyone know if 2 of the following seats will fit properly in a Jeep TJ?

Mastercraft 3G 2" wider version?
PRP Podium Elite 2" Extra wide version?
PRP Comp Elite 2" Extra wide version?

I'm not concerned with the center console, but I would rather not have the seats touching and the drivers seat should be roughly centered on the steering wheel.

Thanks for any information you have.
Joel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DriverJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2018, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeling 24/7

Member # 22176

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 49997
Buddy has the fat guy friendly prp and had to remove his console and it's really tight up against the cage and and inch or 2 between the seats. I will see if I can get some pictures
rugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby View Post
Buddy has the fat guy friendly prp and had to remove his console and it's really tight up against the cage and and inch or 2 between the seats. I will see if I can get some pictures
I would appreciate pictures of the set up as well as which seat he chose and whether both of the seats are "Fat Guy Friendly". lol...

Thanks
Joel

Old 07-30-2018, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 49997
He has these in the 2" wider and 4" taller. Both seats are the same. I am waiting on a pic.

https://www.prpseats.com/product/pre...0USA&radius=25
rugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugby View Post
He has these in the 2" wider and 4" taller. Both seats are the same. I am waiting on a pic.

https://www.prpseats.com/product/pre...0USA&radius=25
Thank you for the information. Those seats are 22" wide standard. Meaning the extra wide is 24" wide at the widest part would fit but will be tight.

Might not be able to swing the Podium Elite though.

Thanks

Old 07-31-2018, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Here's Johnny!

Member # 12867
I have the PRP Comp extra wide (24") in a TJ. No center console, driver side is centered (or about as close as you can get) to the wheel. The left side is right up against my door bar which is kicked out past the door opening. Well the seat isn't against the part thats kicked out. Without the door bar a door should fit but I never tried it as the doors are long gone and the door bar prevents that. There is room between the driver and passenger seat but not a lot. A few inches in some spots, a bit more in others. I have the t-case shifters sort of between the seats. With a bigger passenger I'll bump them shifting and driving at times.

I looked but cant find any decent pics. Guess I didnt take any once I got the cage done and seats in or lost them.

Back of the seats
Name:  IMG_8298.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  144.6 KB

Door bar. Leg side bolster is up against the bar but I can fit a cover between them. Left shoulder area is against the bar a bit tighter but I can still squeeze the seat cover on.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2018, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostytj View Post
I have the PRP Comp extra wide (24") in a TJ. No center console, driver side is centered (or about as close as you can get) to the wheel. The left side is right up against my door bar which is kicked out past the door opening. Well the seat isn't against the part thats kicked out. Without the door bar a door should fit but I never tried it as the doors are long gone and the door bar prevents that. There is room between the driver and passenger seat but not a lot. A few inches in some spots, a bit more in others. I have the t-case shifters sort of between the seats. With a bigger passenger I'll bump them shifting and driving at times.

I looked but cant find any decent pics. Guess I didnt take any once I got the cage done and seats in or lost them.

Back of the seats
Attachment 2890854

Door bar. Leg side bolster is up against the bar but I can fit a cover between them. Left shoulder area is against the bar a bit tighter but I can still squeeze the seat cover on.
@frostytj That is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much.

Knowing this it doesn't look like I can put two of the Podium Elite seats in the TJ and still shut the half doors. So I'll be getting some Comp Elites.

Awesome.

Thank you to all the members who helped with this. you guys ROCK.
Joel.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 34955
Im going with the extra extra wide version. front is 51
Attached Images

kmkommes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkommes View Post
Im going with the extra extra wide version. front is 51
Nice, I've never seen a bench seat in Jeep. Can't wait to see it.

Joel

Old 09-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 856352
I’ve been looking at Corbeau seats, and they are mostly 38” and smaller people

I no longer qualify for that size seat. Buy I also am interested in seats for larger people. I’m 6’ 275, I’m looking for soemthing that can be used with a 5 point harness
Petey1560 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in