Searching for Washington builder and ECU ? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 855288
Searching for YJ Builder in Washington
Running into dead ends trying to sort out some issues I'm having with a 93 YJ with 1994 4.3/4L60E swap. My understanding is somebody built it who sold it to Bell Offroad in Bellevue who then sold it to Master Pull that markets synthetic rope. And then one more exchange of ownership before I bought it. I would love to get some details from the builder as well as compliment them on the build.
Biggest problem is once the transmission comes up to temp it starts hunting for gears and then shortly after will go into limp mode. Stewart Warner speedometer needle also starts bouncing around when this occurs around 40 to 50 mph. VSS has been replaced. ECU has terminals B and A and M (3 wires) terminals left in 12 pin harness. I've been unable to figure out how to pull codes. Any and all help or suggestions on how to pull codes or advise about purchasing an ECU that would be capable of scanning would be appreciated. Black one on left in pic.
Attached Images

Last edited by YaYJ; 09-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.
YaYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 145218
Try for fun removing O ring on VSS sensor
johny5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2018, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 855288
We'll give it a try. Thank you.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
wml

Member # 557266
Bell Offroad was actually in Ferndale, WA, no longer in business...but, you can probably drop a message to Chris McMahon on facebook - (he was with w/ Bell and is definitely still around on FB). It may be that he remembers this rig.

Last edited by wml; 09-10-2018 at 10:43 AM.
wml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Hazard Fabworks is in Spokane.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 21622
Send a message via AIM to Corey Young Send a message via Yahoo to Corey Young
Talk to John at Auburn Car Repair. They work on a ton of trail Jeeps.
Corey Young is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 855288
I'm beginning to think it didn't like it's move to Oregon... it ran fine in WA. I live in the Wilsonville, OR area. Fuel injection spider and supply lines were toast, plenum and attached sensors were packed with eastern WA dust, fuel filter was dirty. Motor is running good, but transmission woes continue. Found a unattched wire labeled check engine light. Hooked a test light to it and with key on it lights up. After I did that I read that you're not supposed to do that. Anyways... used a paperclip to jump the A and B terminals on the 12 pin and test light remained on with key on and did not flash.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 56430
I have the original GM scanners for that rig. Both the OBD1 and OBD2 versions (Tech1 and Tech2), but, I'm also way up in Washington. Not sure that'll do you any good.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 855288
Attached a proper light to the wire labeled check engine light, paper clipped the adl and the light showed DTC 72 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit Loss (Output Speed Signal) my next attempt will be to test new VSS and wiring going to tranny and from there to ECU.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in