Lifting sag with air shocks - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
snz

Member # 739809
Lifting sag with air shocks

Wondering if this would work. When my rig is loaded with camping gear and passengers for a trip, it compresses the rear suspension 2+”. I don’t always have it so full so I was wondering what if I had some air shocks where I could adjust the nitrogen pressure as needed to lift and level it out. Rig is driven to and from trails. Would this work? I have a pair of fox 2.0 fox air shocks that I could add to the rear when I rework somethings What about valving? Remove all?

Rig is a heavy wj. Guesstimate 6000lb+ loaded. 4 link rear currently 11” Bilstein but going to 2.5 14” Kings. coil springs 240lb/in. About 5” uptravel normally. When I’ll be redoing the shock mounts wondering if it’s worth the effort to make dual mounts and add the air shocks.
snz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
1. Not hard-core this has been beaten to death.

2. Yes you can put them on but they donít dampen very well. They have a dramatically reduced working area. If you really want load carrying get some air bags and throw them inside your springs.

3. Or just get a taller rear spring.

If it were me I would put the thing on a diet. 6000 pounds is ridiculous for a unibody Jeep.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 5861
moveeeddd

geberhard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in