What hose is this? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 358505
What hose is this?

I broke a hose on the '96 XJ replacing my crankshaft position sensor. It's at the top of the engine all the way back to the firewall. This hose is made for heat.
On the right side it is clamped onto a small metal tube that goes down and travels along with the fuel lines going all the way to the gas tank. From the right
side the hose travels to the left side of the engine bay and plugs into the top of some kind of black cylindrical object that's about the size of a football
underneath the windshield fluid reservoir. I'm guessing this is some kind of evap reclamation hose but I'm really not sure. The guy at the parts store
couldn't identify it but he said Jeeps really weren't his thing.

Jesus I'm sorry that picture is so big. I'm not sure how to resize them.

If you put the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen right in the middle then scroll up and down you'll see the ends of the pipe I'm talking about circled.

What is this hose called please?

Last edited by bradleyheathhays; 09-18-2019 at 08:06 PM.
bradleyheathhays is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Vent line

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 358505
Best I've been able to narrow it down so far is that a parts guy at the local Chrysler dealership narrowed it down to Chrysler part number 4854149 but said they didn't have it.

If you go to vpartsinc.com and put the number in they have it described as a vacuum fitting, but no picture, priced at $50 bucks to my door, which sucks.

Is there any way anybody knows how to find a picture of this part somewhere on the net? After all this searching I'm still not sure if that's even the right part number without seeing a picture of it.
bradleyheathhays is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 174037
Its an old cherokee full of broken vacuum lines. Just tape it if your that concerned.
will12785 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in