SOA with 1.5 RE SOA springs and 37s - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 54975
Send a message via AIM to Plato2k5
SOA with 1.5 RE SOA springs and 37s

i did a shackle reversal and am going to be sitting SOA on a dana44 and ford 9" with stock shackles. Do i need to do a 1" body lift to clear the tires while felxing? I will be doing flat fenders in the front as well

also does anyone have measurments from the stock location of the spring hangers....center to center mounts on the frame?
Plato2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 52695
You will probably do a little fender trimming even with a body lift. With a shackle reverse, your front axle will move back as it goes up. So I don't know if the flat fender will help a whole lot there, but I guess they're cool.

I have a YJ with 2" body, 37" MTRs, shackle reverse, 1 1/2" shackles in the rear on fairly flat springs and have trimmed. On full width axles I can still rub a little if I push it.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 33065
I am running 1.5" RE SOA springs on the front 4 link rear on my CJ7 with 37" Krawlers and full width. I do not run front finders only a hood and grill. In the back I have a custom flat bed and I do not rub.

WeBilt 4WD Club
JDunn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2006, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 45206
I run the same RE YJ SOA springs on my CJ-5 with a shackle reversal and it flexes fine with no rubbing. I have pushed the rear axle back a few inches and trimmed out the fender a little but I only have 35"s and could easily go bigger.

Last edited by #1 Z71; 03-20-2006 at 05:03 PM.
#1 Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 35307
We just had my neighbors rig out a couple weeks ago at TDS, he's running the same springs, 37"s and reverse shackle on his CJ-7 with 6" shackles and a 1" body lift. We put the tires into the stock fenders 5 or 6 times (stuffed it pretty good on some of the red trail sections), wouldn't take much trimming to solve it though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LCAC_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 24895
I'm running the exact setup that you're doing, but I don't have the shackle reversal. My fenders are now cut, but when they weren't my 37" MTR's definitely rubbed. In the front my flat fenders didn't help much because the tires hit the back of the fender, not the top. If you can I would move the axle forward a couple of inches.
I can send you pics before and after the fender cutting if you want.
b0mb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 54975
so to mention i made my own kit like the one btf sells. So i moved the front a good 2-3in forward. Its just like there narrow kit. I did this just for the reason when the tire moves back it won't hit the back of the fenders near the firewall.

Yes if anyone has pics i'd love to see them! Either post em here if your able to or send them to [email protected]

thanks everyone!
Kirk
Old 03-20-2006, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 35307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato2k5
so to mention i made my own kit like the one btf sells. So i moved the front a good 2-3in forward. Its just like there narrow kit. I did this just for the reason when the tire moves back it won't hit the back of the fenders near the firewall.

Yes if anyone has pics i'd love to see them! Either post em here if your able to or send them to [email protected]

thanks everyone!
Kirk
And I didn't mention that my neighbors rig is also running the BTF Fullwidth Kit. Pretty sure your gonna have to do some trimming on the back of the fender.

LCAC_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 54975
oh yea on the back i do plan on it. I was going to use XJ leafs out back but i didn't wan't to stretch the rear like that. Lets see some pics
Old 03-21-2006, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 33065
I did a shackle reversal with custom mounts and moved my front axel forward about 4". In the back I did a 4 link and moved it back about 6" now my WB is about 106". I do not run front finders and I have a flatbed on the back with my propane tanks enclosed under the bed. I run 37" krawlers and do not rub in the front but I do hit my tub on my flat bed at the same time my shock is all the way compressed.

Attached Images

WeBilt 4WD Club
JDunn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70117
Plato, do you have any pictures of yours?
ahighfivetolife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 54975
its just a rolling frame sitting on 29" tires ..... but here are the pics

Old 03-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 6971
Here's my junk. 1 or 2" alcans, SOA, 3/8" shackles, 2" body lift, cut for the TJ flares, wheelbase pushed an inch each way, and 37's fullwidth. Only rubbing is on the front of the sliders when flexed and the wheels are turned all the way, changing them out when I get time. I could probably loose 1" of body lift, have to see how much work thats going to entail as far as massaging the floorboards around the drivetrain. flat and flexed shots to compare.

:flipoff2:

"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." R. L. Burnside
kwrangln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 62
fender trimming and bumpstops are your friend
NE-RokToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21815
CJ7, 44044's, SOA, 60" width, 37 MTR's, they don't hit untrimmed fenders front or rear.

N6YBH
-

Thanks to
for sponsoring the 2017 Cantina For The Con!

"If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it but don't have it". -Henry Ford

Last edited by resqme; 03-26-2006 at 05:24 PM.
resqme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 54975
kwrangln : nice jeep ya got there ! i'm just finishing up the welding and started to grind the frame and paint it with chasis saver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in