Pricey Axles - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 66560
Pricey Axles

I'm not done searching around here in Tucson but I've had little luck finding some cheaper D44. Now, it might be me. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions but so far, the cheapest I've found for a set has been 500. Today I called a local truck yard and they came in at around 1000 for the 44s and 1250 for the 60's. Maybe thats market price around here but I've read about some killer deals in the mid three hundreds for a set from you guys online.

A friend has an old 454 GMC thats he'll part with for 300. I might stick my head under there and see what its riding on. Anyways, does this sound right? Common used axles going for this price range? If so I might hunker down and pick up a set.
MitaDC128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2006, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 54940
The prices you listed are like that from most junk yards around here, however there is one good one around here in the area. We drove a Ford truck out of there with a D44/D60 for $300. Its all about finding the right yard.

Heck last weekend we picked up a 14-bolt and 44, driveshafts, steering, etc, off a farmer who had an old truck sitting in a field, $200, we just asked him if he'd sell any parts off of it.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 16256
Send a message via Yahoo to dram97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitaDC128
I'm not done searching around here in Tucson but I've had little luck finding some cheaper D44. Now, it might be me. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions but so far, the cheapest I've found for a set has been 500. Today I called a local truck yard and they came in at around 1000 for the 44s and 1250 for the 60's. Maybe thats market price around here but I've read about some killer deals in the mid three hundreds for a set from you guys online.

A friend has an old 454 GMC thats he'll part with for 300. I might stick my head under there and see what its riding on. Anyways, does this sound right? Common used axles going for this price range? If so I might hunker down and pick up a set.
My rear D44 came out of a mid 70s 1/2 ton pickup truck. 4.27 factory gears ,wide track. With 35s/T176/D300 40:1 ratio 70 MPH @ 3000 rpm.
Cost me $100. additional work: redo the brakes, change gear oil and weld new spring perches
92 Cheyenne 3/4 tow[/B][/COLOR]
dram97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in