troubleshooters - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 46314
troubleshooters

Ok I am officially fed up...I had my jeep down for the last 3 months and finally finished the axle swap, gears, and SOA. It is know sitting on 4 wheels but it will not run and I have no idea why, heres the story. First time starting after 3 months fired up about normal and ran around the block. The next couple of drives it missed a small amount and died occasionally on corners. Continued driving it in small amount hoping to clear it out but all that happened was it ran worse with more missing and sputtering and more stalling around corners. At the moment it is sitting in my garage and will not start at all. Things that I have checked: pulled the tank cleaned it and filled with fresh 93, checked pump, changed fuel filter, check spark and it is good all the way around. If I can get it to start a small amount it will run on carb cleaner so Im convinced its a fuel issue but have no idea how to fix it.
Oh yea its an 89 yj 2.5 tbi. I am so frustrated I want to go wheel my new suspension, lockers and gears but my danm jeep wont start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon
WELDED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 24992
Quote:
Originally Posted by WELDED
If I can get it to start a small amount it will run on carb cleaner so Im convinced its a fuel issue but have no idea how to fix it.
It may be fuel that is keeping it from running, but that doesn't mean a fuel issue. My guess would be a sensor problem which is keeping the computer from firing the injector in the TBI?

I've never dug into the electronics on my Heap for a no-start so I'm not positive which sensors might be your culprit but that is probably where I would look next given the items you've already eliminated.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 46314
I think it is a connector problem too... I found an open plug near the throttle body. It is a 3 prong almost household plug with a rap around clasp. I cant find the other side to it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
WELDED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in