4l60e??? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 35010
4l60e???

Hey guys need some help im putting a 93 4.3 with 4l60e to a flipped 300
But im having alittle trouble with this vss crap...do i have to cailbrate it or what? Im guessing i have to buy the adapter from aa to get the vss on the back of the trans? is that true? and to get the 300 to bolt up.
jeep as it sits right now
89 YJ 4.3 4l60e all wired up and crap...hpd44 with 9in rear 5.13s 37 irocs

thanks for the help
Paul

ps ill post this in the chevy section also
PRBJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 35307
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBJeepin View Post
Hey guys need some help im putting a 93 4.3 with 4l60e to a flipped 300
But im having alittle trouble with this vss crap...do i have to cailbrate it or what? Im guessing i have to buy the adapter from aa to get the vss on the back of the trans? is that true? and to get the 300 to bolt up.
jeep as it sits right now
89 YJ 4.3 4l60e all wired up and crap...hpd44 with 9in rear 5.13s 37 irocs

thanks for the help
Paul

ps ill post this in the chevy section also
You must really be in love with that D300:
1) New input Shaft
2) Flip Kit/Clocking Ring
3) VSS Adapter
Or you could just buy a pass drop NP241 and put an SYE kit in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LCAC_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 35010
haha well i dont even have the 300 yet i wanna run that tho for the twin sticks dont wanna spend the money on the atlas...have to flip the 300 to get drivers side drop
241 is pass? doesnt matter need drivers side my front axle is a ford 44 (drivers drop)
so i do have to buy the adapter from aa for the vss and to adapt the 300 to it? vss was on the tcase in the begining but i dont think its going to work anymore.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 291
Your going to need a new drak unit for it. The basic lay out of it is Computer -> drak -> VSS. The drak unit (also known as a buffer) is an analog to digital converter so that the computer can make sense of the pulses coming off of the sensor. This drak unit is specifically programed for tire size and gear ratio. You can pick one up at the dealership for about $70. I found out the having 4.56 gears and 35" tires works well with the stock unit from a bravada.
As far as mounting it up if you go with advanced adapters and get there adapter you will also need to change the output shaft in the 4l60e (about $200 from a tranny shop). The kit will come with a reluctor ring (40 tooth if I remember right) that you slide onto the output shaft (you can get it on by heating it up). The VSS will then screw into a hole in the adapter at a specific distance away and you should be good to go. Just be warry of drive shaft clearances with that dana 300. I had a hell of a time with my driver side drop, so I am not sure if you will run into similar problems going passenger side drop.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 76997
you could save yourself a head ache and just get a 700R4 and have a tranny shop put in a vette servo, high gear TV plunger, and a 4L60E 2nd gear band, then all you gotta do is hook up a TV cable, or just go full manual, about $263 for valve body and still has lockup feature.
terryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 35010
ok terryd you just confused the hell out of me lol....i have this posted in the chevy fourm also and it sounds like i might be trading this out for a 700r4 from a 89 camaro? guy owns a trans shop so hes going to be swaping the ends over..
another question tho i already bought the wiring harness for this motor and trans combo can i just let the trans wires hang or will that mess up how the motor runs?

thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in