YJ stereo. What is in your rig ? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 77571
YJ stereo. What is in your rig ?

My ground up YJ is almost done.

I can now start thinking of things like stereo systems. Head unit, speakers, sub, amp etc.

What do you have and where did you mount it ?

Most of all..How does it sound ?

This is`nt some mall krawler so whatever gets selected needs to be able to stand up to some off roading.

TIA
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 81654
Alpine head unit. You might as well pop for a CD/MP3 Sat. ready unit.

As far as amps and subs go.

I run 1 10" Kicker solobaric L7 w/a 400 watt kicker amp.

I also replaced all my midrange speakers with alpine and added a set of alpine tweeters to the sound bar.

All together it sounds really good. If we're on the trail I usually take out the sub to have more room for a cooler, Hi-Lift, etc. The amp is mounted to the floor under the back seat and all wires are ran under the body as I have no carpet and then back up through the floor. It turned out really nice and I have no complaints whatsoever.

(1st Annual Alpha Gorilla run 40 and under champion)
lockedupLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 55458
My son is running a unit from a Lotus in his. Great sound, and more features than would ever need. Got a smokin' deal on it for a fellow club member.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 84274
I'm runnnin' an alpine head unit. It's CD/MP3 xm ready, i also have my ipod hooked up to it. That is really nice, especially offroading. I put my ipod in my center console and offroad all day, no skipping, and it stays clean. I have pioneer 4x6 speakers up front, they osund awesome for their size. I also have some infinty 6.5 components up ion the sound bar. These things are amazing, sound awesome. I might put subs in it, but they take up to much room.
YJKid115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 49547
Send a message via AIM to wranglerboy93
You like your 4x6 Pioneers? I installed them and I think they are blown or something already. I'm not re doing that either 8 hours of pulling the dash apart and installing speakers will not be done again. I have pioneers all around 5.25's in the soundbar and a pioneer head unit that doesn't play cd's anymore. I also have 6x9's I can put on the wheel well with an amp when I buy one. I think it sounds good enough for a jeep.
wranglerboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 62615
Sony Head unit, Pioneer 4x6 in dash, Pioneer 6x9 on wheel wells, 2 P5 Sony Xplode subs downfiring, Sony P5 sub amp, Phionex Gold 4 channel amp for speakers, 7 farad cap/distro block combo piece.

All in all it sounds great to me. Nice clean highs and thumpin lows. I listen to anything from country to metal. I know I have a wide taste in music but it all sounds great to me. If you are planning on adding an amp or upgrading further down the road, go with the biggest wire kit like 0 gauge now rather than later. It will save you the time and hassles of reinstalling wire and rerouting it again. HTH!

Matt
matts88yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 18196
2 turn tables and a microphone...
chadburgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in