Dana 44 Passenger drop XJ - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Non Hardcore
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 113011
Posts: 10
Dana 44 Passenger drop XJ

Hey guys, brand newbie here:

I've got a D44 with LSD in the back of my MJ. I'm likely to put it (in all of it's metric tonne glory) under the XJ. My questions are: Can I flip my NP 242 over to be a passenger side front? Also, what would be a good passenger side D44 for the front? I'd like to keep/modify the parts to be as universal as possible (what fits the front also fit the back, that sort of thing). That will make finding replacements and carrying spares easier.

This wagon is going to be an 80% pavement/gravel people/trailer hauler, with the other 20% being off-pavement deep muddy roads (rainy season). I'll be using it in Costa Rica on a farm.

The wheels will probably be some variation on stock sizing for the dry season (pavement), and I'll put on some paddle-style ones for the wet.

Thanks,
Dave
Wagon Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member # 71096
Posts: 110
what does a rear MJ axle have to do with a passenger side drop front axle?

what are you putting up front a waggy 44?
IslanderOffRoad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 113011
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderOffRoad View Post
what does a rear MJ axle have to do with a passenger side drop front axle?
I'm using the rear MJ axle in the XJ, and I want a front axle that will share as many parts with it as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderOffRoad View Post
what are you putting up front a waggy 44?
I don't know what I'm putting up front; that's what I'm asking you guys.
Wagon Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 86044
Location: San Luis Obispo & Avalon, CA
Posts: 772
You can get driver drop waggy axles....
For all intents and purposes, no you cant/shouldn't flip your 242.
__________________
[I]-Jackson[/I]
[FONT="Arial Black"]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/FONT]

My XJ makes wierd noises....

'92 XJ 4.0L, 4x4, 4dr Limited pretty much stock...
IslanderXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.