Pirate 4x4 banner

Project Willys MB LSX 2013 (Chile)

298K views 544 replies 98 participants last post by  46WILYZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok Mieser, here we go....

Starting a new thread….I can not believe all this build BS again….ahaha.
For the ones that don't understand why I`m starting all over again, I will recapitulate the events of the last year.
After attending Ultimate Adventure 2013, I left my Flatty at Pewe´s house. The plan was to keep it there for 1 year (that was the permitted time of the temporary admission) and use it on my continuos trips to Ca.
Well, in october I was getting ready to fly to Ca for work and make a trip to the Hammers with Rick and a few other friends. One week before taking off, I received a phone call from a chilean guy (car collector) that fall in love with my Jeep and the story behind.
He told me several times that he "needed" my MB and I answered every time "is not for sale". Long story short, I threw him a BIG number thinking that he would say, "no way, I understood the message" but instead, he asked me to ship it back to Chile right away.
Whatever….here I am, writing a new story. I still have mixed feelings. In one hand, I`m sad to let her go. After all, it was a really fun jeep to drive, VERY reliable, it got a lot of looks and the story behind was kind of cool. In the other hand, business is business and I have the opportunity to build my dream Flatty and still have coins for the pocket.

So….what it matters.

Specs:

New Repro MB body.
Custom 4x2 Chasis
Currie F9´s, 4,11 gears, Detroit at the rear, ARB up front.
Atlas 4 Speed, 2,0/2,72/5,44 ratios.
Rossler TH 400.
LSX 454 Engine (LS7 Intake).
17" Walkers
37" Krawlers.
Front suspension: 3 link + Panhard, FOX 2,0 COs.
Rear suspension: 4 link, FOX 2,0 COs.
WB: 100"

Weight is a KEY factor on all my builds, so I will try to make this one as light as possible. Target is below 4K; 3,6K will be great, 3,8K is still ok.

We started last week. At this point, we are working on the frame. We already cut the body to add 10" at the door (kind of suck to kill a new body, but well…).
I will try to post all details of the build with pics. I will be more than happy to receive all your good ideas and discuss any stage of the build.

Regards
Sebastian

The day I received the body kit

The crime.....

See less See more
#30 · (Edited)
very interested to see what you do with this build your last willys blew my mind sucks to see that go but if it gave you some extra dough for the dream willys sounds good to me:D

nice part list :eek: i may be asking you some questions throughout the build I'm currently working on one very similar to your last MB check it out if you get a chance could use some input.

good luck on the build subscribed

willys cj-2a/mb build:http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-willys/1114012-willys-cj-2a-buggy-build.html

#31 · (Edited)
A few pics of the frame. We still need to make some reinforcements.
I will post all the measures as soon as I can take a 90 deg pic ( to draw over the photo).
The front "bumper" is temporary.

Ballistic 2,63" JJ.

#33 ·
Mmmm...rear tubs no, I don`t want to mess with more floor cutting.
Actually, today I took the decision to maintain an inside fuel tank and not rise the rear floor.
I dont have plans for the front yet, but I was thinking to just made some small flat fenders integrated to the aluminum hood (like Campbells hoods)

#47 · (Edited)
Oh man, this is going to be good. Big Block, Currie 9's and a target weight less than 4K? I'll be curious to see that work.
Well, the point is that the engine I m using is NOT a Big Block.
It is the SMALL block LS based 454, called LSX454. Diminensions and weight is the same of any iron block LS.
620 hp / 590 lb/ft.

#57 ·
X2

More pics! More posts! It's looking really good so far, I'd like to see more. Your last one had so many great details that weren't immediately obvious at first glance, I imagine this build will too--all the fishplates look like just the start. Don't be afraid to show off more of that ingenuity, I'd really like to see it.

#59 · (Edited)
I will try to update the thread as much as possible.
I work on the produce business and at this point of the year we are buried on work.
A few more pics of the body mounts.
Nothing like having a Torchmate plasma cutter in the same place were we are building the Jeep :D

#63 ·
Hey Svaras, I picked up a copy of 2012 Ultimate Adventure simply to watch your rig. Thanks to you I barely got any work done in the shop yesterday. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.