Pirate 4x4 banner

Project Willys MB LSX 2013 (Chile)

298K views 544 replies 98 participants last post by  46WILYZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok Mieser, here we go....

Starting a new thread….I can not believe all this build BS again….ahaha.
For the ones that don't understand why I`m starting all over again, I will recapitulate the events of the last year.
After attending Ultimate Adventure 2013, I left my Flatty at Pewe´s house. The plan was to keep it there for 1 year (that was the permitted time of the temporary admission) and use it on my continuos trips to Ca.
Well, in october I was getting ready to fly to Ca for work and make a trip to the Hammers with Rick and a few other friends. One week before taking off, I received a phone call from a chilean guy (car collector) that fall in love with my Jeep and the story behind.
He told me several times that he "needed" my MB and I answered every time "is not for sale". Long story short, I threw him a BIG number thinking that he would say, "no way, I understood the message" but instead, he asked me to ship it back to Chile right away.
Whatever….here I am, writing a new story. I still have mixed feelings. In one hand, I`m sad to let her go. After all, it was a really fun jeep to drive, VERY reliable, it got a lot of looks and the story behind was kind of cool. In the other hand, business is business and I have the opportunity to build my dream Flatty and still have coins for the pocket.

So….what it matters.

Specs:

New Repro MB body.
Custom 4x2 Chasis
Currie F9´s, 4,11 gears, Detroit at the rear, ARB up front.
Atlas 4 Speed, 2,0/2,72/5,44 ratios.
Rossler TH 400.
LSX 454 Engine (LS7 Intake).
17" Walkers
37" Krawlers.
Front suspension: 3 link + Panhard, FOX 2,0 COs.
Rear suspension: 4 link, FOX 2,0 COs.
WB: 100"

Weight is a KEY factor on all my builds, so I will try to make this one as light as possible. Target is below 4K; 3,6K will be great, 3,8K is still ok.

We started last week. At this point, we are working on the frame. We already cut the body to add 10" at the door (kind of suck to kill a new body, but well…).
I will try to post all details of the build with pics. I will be more than happy to receive all your good ideas and discuss any stage of the build.

Regards
Sebastian

The day I received the body kit

The crime.....

See less See more
#67 · (Edited)
Unfortunately we had a 2 week strike at the ports and my ATLAS got stuck at customs. That slowed progress, since we need the drivetrain to continue. The good news is that the strike is over and I will have my ATLAS tomorrow :bounce2:

Fkng Unions :mad3:

#71 ·
Finally today I got the T Case. I have a LS engine and a TH400 around that we will use for mock up.
We unpacked the suspension bracket so we can start working on that too.

#74 ·
After 2 weeks traveling in Europe I´m back to work.
So we have the drivetrain in (temporary engine). Starting to work on the engine and tranny mounts.
Also we are starting with the rear suspension.

Is fun to destroy a new body :grinpimp:

#79 ·
This thing is looking SAWEET! Diggin it. The door stretch looks like it came out super nice. I want to see a picture sideways to the jeep.

#80 ·
Good progress this week. Rear T Case mount done. Tranny mount almost done.
Tomorrow we will start the engine mounts.
We mounted 2 Krawlers on some Allied wheels we had around. Those wheels are offset at 4.5". I think I will go with 5" of offset.

Some pics of today

Rear t-case mount by Genright

Looks like Miesers Flatty :flipoff2:

Rear Coilover

#91 · (Edited)
Thanks guys...if everything goes on track, we should have F&R suspension and steering done by friday.

A few pics from this week.

PSC Steering system

Grill at final position

Working on the floor

Front end at full bump

Hydroboost installed

#94 ·
Good progress this week.

Front suspension has lower links, panhard mounts and coilovers mounts. Only thing left are the uppers.
On the body department, we are almost done with the floor.
Theres a big chance that we will have a rolling chassis in one more week !!:smokin:

#95 ·
Awesome. Damn it Sebastian, now you are making me wish I would have extended ours at the door!

This thing will be a work of art. When you get this done we should meet up in Moab or run the Rubicon trail with the jeeps.

Keep going! I want to see the stance of this bad boy!

#96 ·
Nice work! Do you have a picture of the tunnel around the accelerator pedal area? That was a total pain in the butt on mine. I liked how you where able to just raise the entire stock tunnel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.