Superlift 1” Leafs Discontinued? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Jeep - Willys
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 31763
Superlift 1” Leafs Discontinued?

So I was looking around for replacement springs the other day and it looks like Superlift has discontinued the 1” lift springs for the 2a, 3a, MB, GPW, etc...

No one that I could find has them in stock. Do I just suck at google, or did I miss something?

What other off the shelf springs do you like for a (very) short lift. My 2a is stock. I want to run 7.5R16s or 235/85/16s.
craigellis77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 229476
I've had a few off-the-shelf springs on my 2a, didn't like any of them. If your current springs are ok, and you only need 1" of lift, I'd throw taller shackles under there. If your shackles are stock, pretty much any aftermarket shackle is going to be significantly longer.

Or you could take the leafs apart and put them in a shop press individually, and re-arch them a bit taller. I've not done this myself, but I believe Jeff Petrowich (JPet on here I believe his login is?) did this successfully for his "Bam-Bam" willys. Not sure I'd attempt that myself for a vehicle that sees alot of miles (would probably sag back down?) but it might be an option if a spring shop isn't near you to do it with heat.

I know that's not a direct answer to your question, but that's all I got

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.33Chevy.net

Last edited by danielbuck; 12-08-2018 at 05:50 PM.
danielbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 80865
I haven't been able to find them either. Tried all the big shops, tried Rancho and Superlift to see if they had any left-overs (Rancho made a 1" also). All the small shops I talked to just drop ship from Superift so they don't have them in stock. I finally found a complete set at a shop in Louisiana (selling on eBay), but it was pick-up only. It looks like that is gone as well.

Other than continuing to harass Rancho or Superlift to physically go look or catch them right after they do a manual inventory, custom or semi-custom may be the only way.
pilotsareplanecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 225516
To bad you aren’t closer,I have a couple sets (rears)I ran rears front and back,I changed everything when I put tons in my junk
rochead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 220897
Make new spring perch's out of 2x4x1/4 box tubing. Also roll your pinion up a little for better driveline angle.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 166485
I had the Rancho 2 1/2" springs on my M38 20 years ago. Rode good but a little stiff. Handled the 327 sbc fine. Plenty of lift for 35"s
Attached Images

Quote:
37s on 1/2 tons were Obama's America
44s and 1 tons are Trump's America.
Overhauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2018, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 31763
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCubed View Post
Make new spring perch's out of 2x4x1/4 box tubing. Also roll your pinion up a little for better driveline angle.
Good suggestion. I may just go with stock replacement packs for this one after thinking about it longer.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 488177
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochead View Post
To bad you aren’t closer,I have a couple sets (rears)I ran rears front and back,I changed everything when I put tons in my junk
Message sent.
a3dhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 225516
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3dhunter View Post
Message sent.
Did you make it home all good??
rochead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 488177
Quote:
Originally Posted by rochead View Post
Did you make it home all good??
Yes, made it home with no problems. Did hit some 60mph winds in Wyoming and some snow and ice, but that's small stuff. Was my pleasure meeting you and appreciate your generosity. If I can manage a wheeling trip out that way I'll let you know! Let me know if you get to head out this way.
Jason
a3dhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 05:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 624137
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
.....Or you could take the leafs apart and put them in a shop press individually, and re-arch them a bit taller. I've not done this myself, but I believe Jeff Petrowich (JPet on here I believe his login is?) did this successfully for his "Bam-Bam" willys. Not sure I'd attempt that myself for a vehicle that sees alot of miles (would probably sag back down?) ....
I dont take the spring pack apart. I just take the whole pack and shape them in the press cold. No disassembly. It works better with new springs. If it were me, and I wanted a set of 1" Superlifts, I'd get a new set of 2" Superlifts, put them in the press, and take some arch out of them. You do this by setting them in the press on some parallels that are about 8" apart. Start in the center, and work your way outward tweaking them a little bit each time and just work your way across the springs to spread the process out evenly. New springs settle in a bit so you need to take out a little less than you think. It might make sense to install them first and wheel them hard to settle them in a bit. Afterwards, you may decide they don't need tweaking, or if so, less than you think.
jpet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 31763
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpet View Post
I dont take the spring pack apart. I just take the whole pack and shape them in the press cold. No disassembly. It works better with new springs. If it were me, and I wanted a set of 1" Superlifts, I'd get a new set of 2" Superlifts, put them in the press, and take some arch out of them. You do this by setting them in the press on some parallels that are about 8" apart. Start in the center, and work your way outward tweaking them a little bit each time and just work your way across the springs to spread the process out evenly. New springs settle in a bit so you need to take out a little less than you think. It might make sense to install them first and wheel them hard to settle them in a bit. Afterwards, you may decide they don't need tweaking, or if so, less than you think.
Good suggestions jpet! I'm still thinking through which springs to go with now. This jeep is going to be my "stocker", but I wanted to have a short lift. My factory leafs are heavily rust pitted/shot, so it needs springs.

Love watching your wheeling videos, and I hope to hit the trail with some flat fender guys who live West of the Mississippi before too long.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 107995
I was looking for the 1" Superlift springs a couple days ago and noticed Quadratec showed them in stock. Placed and order and got an update that they were backordered. I thought I had gotten lucky.

I've debated about getting a set of stock replacement CJ5 front springs and moving the mounts, but I'm not sure if it's worth the added effort.

Last edited by bty34; 01-08-2019 at 11:57 AM.
bty34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in