Weekend JV run. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Johnson Valley
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 160801
Weekend JV run.

Little bit of wheeling this past weekend. Went out with 9 buggies to get in some action before the Thanksgiving crowd gets there.

Video:

Weather was fantastic; 60 degree days, and 30* nights. Lots of condensation overnight, so bring a cover for your buggy. Some of the good trails, like FOH and SOS, look like they haven't been run in a long time. Jackhammer is pretty nasty and should be a real fun time for the full-body rigs that want a challenge.

Sledgehammer and Wrecking Ball have tons of rocks stacked at every obstacle, especially at the plaque. The waterfall on wrecking ball basically has a ramp stacked in front of it and isn't a waterfall anymore. There were about a ton of rocks stacked at the base of Backdoor too - but my group blew all those rocks out for the Thanksgiving crowd to enjoy The "Bleeping Jeep / Litebright" crews went out there after SEMA to get video and brought their army of rock-stackers so the JLs can look cool. So get out there with your 42s and horsepower and do some un-stacking.

The ice cream truck visited the lake bed every afternoon. Ohh, and those wicked "whoops" in the road on the 247 north of Lucerne have gotten significantly worse due to the road settling (especially on the northbound lane) - DON'T haul ass over these with your big-ass trailer in tow!

Overall a great trip. Can't wait to get back next month!

desert dogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2019, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 16125
That is a very cool video. I felt like I was there!

Also, thanks for cleaning out the stacked rocks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 25632
https://youtu.be/e3UiVweUxgw

I bet I know who stacked all the rocks. "first ever rzr to run sledgehammer and backdoor in a day"
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 160801
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
https://youtu.be/e3UiVweUxgw

I bet I know who stacked all the rocks. "first ever rzr to run sledgehammer and backdoor in a day"
Yep, these bustedknuckle/litebrite/bleepinjeep folks totally filled in the bottom of backdoor with rocks (like in that video you posted). Image the effort it took to stock that many rocks and fill a 4' hole at the bottom of the obstacle. Even Jeeps could easily make it. Butttttt, we did some rev-limiter "rear digs" and fixed it for ya!

A guy on the lake bed said they basically paved sledge and WB with rocks to film SEMA rigs going through. I'm sure after the Thanksgiving crowd gave it hell, its back to its true form.

There are so many bypasses on the popular trails now, there are no more "braggin rights" in JV (unless you make upper bender).
desert dogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 25632
He also mentioned that sledge is the hardest trail in JV

Last edited by YotaAtieToo; 12-05-2019 at 12:17 PM.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
perfection in plasma

Member # 25823
Send a message via ICQ to carslut
saw this group roll by my camp......... looked like something fun was about to go down! glad you made a video was a rad week to be on the lakebed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carslut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in