Help save Bumble Bee, AZ - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Land Use Issues
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Dood Abides.

Member # 42790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklhuck View Post
My Dood! Thank you!
Thank you for taking the lead on this, Huck!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 70595
Quote:
Originally Posted by joez View Post
Can you add an editable version so we can custom tailor with the same basic message?

We have. Iíve some more work to do tomorrow, developing a roadmap for folks to help them work on to their own comments. Then, Iíll host and post it it everywhere. Just give me another 18-20 hours to knock it out. Life is happening, tonight.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Jes

Member # 7575
Suzie's Choice, a fun warm up.
Easy Money, easy going.
Cow Town, stupid in my lame rig.
Raider Nation, full throttle fun.
Pet Cemetery...

...one of my all time favorites.
JV rally post #31.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 70595
Thanks for the pics. Itís a shame Woody got rid of the tetanus shot...

Please use this link moving forward. Iíll update the first post, as well.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hGj...ew?usp=sharing
Old 05-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Land Use Zeus

Member # 3982
Have you reached out to state, regional or national land use groups to help with this as well? Thank you for what you are doing.
Del

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Co-Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR)

2014 Inductee, Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame
Co-Founder, Rubicon Trail Foundation (RTF)
No Longer Affiliated in any way with BlueRibbon Coalition/Sharetrails.
Jeepndel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 70595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepndel View Post
Have you reached out to state, regional or national land use groups to help with this as well? Thank you for what you are doing.

Del

I appreciate the suggestion and we have. Sadly, our biggest advocacy group in AZ in the AWA4WDC and they are funded through an AZ State Park and Rec grant. They actually get money for posting positive things about the State Park and Rec dept. what this has to do with our issue is that the new BLM TMP is being paid for by an AZ State Parks and Rec grant. That is why they are rushing/pushing it through and why the AWA4WDC has not been very committed to blasting out support for us. We do have some meetings set up with the BLM and we have our own environmental study guy tearing apart the EA (environmental assessment). We are planning to use an old Greenie trick and ask for a 90 day extension for further review, due to flawed survey and maps. We are doing what we can and have started a call in campaign.

Hereís a bit of the information we shared today:
AZ OHV folks... spread far and wide to ensure BLM DOES NOT close these routes, thanks to our AZ legislators passing and the governor signing into law that much of what BLM is trying to do is illegal in this state as it pertains to the RMP for Bumble Bee area...
Tammy, you know I love ya and we have your back. However, this will not fly.

This was drafted by American Mining Rights Association #AMRA

Currently proposed Arizona road closures by BLM and what to do about them:

We are currently in Arizona and spoke at the GPAA Gold Fever West Valley Chapter last night about a new proposal by the BLM to close 505 miles of of public land roads under their Travel Management Plan. Most of these lands are used by miners, recreationalists, hikers, campers, hunters and off-roaders. What BLM is doing is proposing changes these currently accessible roads, or basically........restricts your access to your lands.

Here is the link to their plan:

https://eplanning.blm.gov/epl-front-...rojectId=78300

Kevin Hoagland asked us to speak last night at the Chapter meeting and when Jere and I were preparing for the discussion, we decided to do a little research on the computer about RS2477 roads in Arizona and whoa did we find a gem.

First of all, RS2477 (revised statute 2477) is a part of the original 1872 mining grant. In a nutshell, it states the roads and travel routes must remain open for exploration, mining and usage. In 1976, Congress passed FLPMA, the Federal Lands Policy Management Act and claim they now can close all the roads willy-nilly at their discretion. Well, not so fast BLM and USFS. Under 2477, they cannot close any roads which predate 1976. If it is a road "created" after 1976, they can, prior to that, no they can't, it's really that simple.

Just two years ago, Utah took this issue all the way to their Supreme Court and the court ruled unanimously that RS2477 is valid and their roads must remain open and accessible for public use and for mining.

So back to Arizona and our research........ On a whim, I typed in "Arizona RS2477" just to see if there was anything out there Arizona had done on keeping the roads open to the mining community and the public at large.

What we found is, like Utah, the Arizona Congress and politic body decided to protect their roads that the public uses and took it a step further than Utah did. They passed a bill telling the Federal Government they cannot close roads under RS2477. So in clear language, Arizona told the United States government, any roads in the state which predate 1976, they will not allow the Federal Government under FLPMA to close them period. End of story

Arizona House Bill 2175 passed in April of 2015 and signed by Arizona's Governor states just that. Gotta love Arizona and these politicians who told the Federal Government if you aren't going to recognize RS2477, we will and will not allow you to close our roads. (link below)

https://www.azleg.gov/legtext/52leg/...ls/hb2175h.pdf

So what does all this mean? It means the Federal Government (BLM) has just given the middle finger to the state of Arizona, the residents, claim owners and folks who like to use these roads and is saying we don't care what you say, that you passed a bill and we are going to ignore a "grant" passed by Congress in 1872 and are proposing to close your roads anyway.

So what do the folks in Arizona do?

Call the sponsors of HB2175, the bill which was passed telling the BLM they can't close these roads and ask these Congress folks what they are going to do about it. Make them stand up for you again. I would assume these politicians are going to be pretty upset the BLM is ignoring their laws they pass in this great state.

Here are the sponsors of HB2175 (the good guys who passed the bill on your behalf), call them today:

Rep Mark Finchem District 11
(602) 926-3122

Rep Bob Thorpe District 6
(602) 926-5219

Rep Brenda Barton District 6
(602) 926-4129

Senator Sonny Borelli District 5
(602) 926-5051

Rep Regina Cobb District 5
(602) 926-3126

Rep Vince Leach District 11
(602) 926-3106

Senator Steve Smith District 11
(602) 926-5685

Also as a part of our research, Jere found this statement put out by the Arizona Attorney General in which he reasserts these roads will remain open. It's a great read and goes further than any other state we have ever seen in protecting your public lands and road access. Man do we love this state.

https://www.azag.gov/sgo-opinions/re...477-rights-way

So here it is folks. Arizona passed a law saying the roads must be kept open, BLM is thumbing their nose at you and it is now up to you to call these politicians and first of all thank them for passing HR2175, and then tell them to make the BLM back off.

There it is.............don't sit there and be silent, CALL.

We will absolutely be calling the Attorney General on your behalf and will be calling each and every one of these politicians, we just ask you do the same.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 836066
Thanks Unklhuck for bringing this to light. I called all the reps & senators today & either left messages or talked to their aides.

Rep. Mark Finchem actually returned my call & was aware of the issue. To my surprise he advised me to call the Yavapai Sheriff's office tell them of my concerns of the BLM violation RS2477 Rights of Way. He also said if I didn't get a satisfactory response to call him back & he would contact the attorney general.

I did call the sherifff's office & spoke to a woman named Kelly who I believe was an assistant to either Sheriff Scott Mascher or Chief Deputy David Rhodes. Either I did not explain the issue well or she didn't understand the issue or what the correct response should be. She basically told me if the access roads were on BLM managed land that the BLM can legally do whatever they want & close access to any part they want & there was nothing that could be done about it.

I will be calling Rep Mark Finchem again to see if he will indeed push the issue with the AG.

I also spoke with an assistant to Rep Brenda Barton who told me that the rep was aware of the issue & was actively working with the BLM to get resolution, whatever that actually means.

Please keep us fellow Arizonans apprised of where things are at & what other methods can be used to harness the BLM's actions & prevent them from running rough shod over our public lands.
4lofun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 70595
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lofun View Post
Thanks Unklhuck for bringing this to light. I called all the reps & senators today & either left messages or talked to their aides.

Rep. Mark Finchem actually returned my call & was aware of the issue. To my surprise he advised me to call the Yavapai Sheriff's office tell them of my concerns of the BLM violation RS2477 Rights of Way. He also said if I didn't get a satisfactory response to call him back & he would contact the attorney general.

I did call the sherifff's office & spoke to a woman named Kelly who I believe was an assistant to either Sheriff Scott Mascher or Chief Deputy David Rhodes. Either I did not explain the issue well or she didn't understand the issue or what the correct response should be. She basically told me if the access roads were on BLM managed land that the BLM can legally do whatever they want & close access to any part they want & there was nothing that could be done about it.

I will be calling Rep Mark Finchem again to see if he will indeed push the issue with the AG.

I also spoke with an assistant to Rep Brenda Barton who told me that the rep was aware of the issue & was actively working with the BLM to get resolution, whatever that actually means.

Please keep us fellow Arizonans apprised of where things are at & what other methods can be used to harness the BLM's actions & prevent them from running rough shod over our public lands.

Thanks for making my week. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out, make the calls, and then, follow up. Iíll do my best to keep you posted. I had a productive meeting this week and we restored the map to the routes we had listed in 2014 & 16. Still much to do, but we are moving forward.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 836066
FYI, I did follow-up with Rep. Finchem as well as some others. I've been out of town most of last week so I hope to hear from them this next week & see what further action can be initiated. I'll PM you with some additional info as well.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 836066
Unklhuck, I tried to PM you, but it didn't look like they went thru. My "sent" PM list still shows zero. Let me know if the PM went thru to you or not.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 70595
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lofun View Post
Unklhuck, I tried to PM you, but it didn't look like they went thru. My "sent" PM list still shows zero. Let me know if the PM went thru to you or not.

Thanks.

Sorry, I was traveling and behind on notifications. Iíll check my PMís and reply to you, there. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 70595
It appears we are making progress and Iím told that most of the rock crawling routes we were looking to get back on the map, have been added. The BLM is still working through the comments and I still need to review the map, but things are looking up. Iíll post an update, once Iíve reviewed the new version of Plan C. Still a ways out from Rem voting on the plan, but we have made a difference. Thank you for commenting. I know you did, because they/we are reviewing the comments and comparing them to the revised maps.
Thank you.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Seriously, get ahold of Gosar. https://gosar.house.gov/ He has a PROVEN record fighting against the BLM and other entities that restrict land and water access. Proof? Liberals and Dems absolutely HATE him!
The best thing is, Bumble Bee is in HIS district!

Today, U.S. Congressman Paul A. Gosar, D.D.S. (AZ-04) released the following statement after the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) announced that beginning on February 1, 2017, the Ĺ mile backwater no-wake restriction for Lake Havasu that was designated in May 2015 will be lifted:

“After nearly two years of tirelessly fighting back against an arbitrary and overreaching bureaucratic decision, Lake Havasu will once again be open for all users. Lifting the boating restrictions on the ‘Ryde Spot’ marks a complete victory for the countless stakeholders and community leaders who stood shoulder to shoulder with me and spoke out when the very livelihood of Lake Havasu City was threatened. This win sends a clear message to all federal agencies that we the people have real power when united behind a worthwhile cause. We will not stand for lawless, unilateral actions by rogue bureaucrats.

“I applaud the efforts of the many individuals who were instrumental in today’s victory including: Lake Havasu City Mayor Mark Nexsen; the Arizona Game and Fish Department; the Lake Havasu Area Chamber of Commerce; U.S. Senator John McCain; Mohave County Supervisor Buster Johnson; the entire Bliss family including Nick, Jenni and my pal Ryder. Tip of the hat to Director Tuggle for finally seeing the light and listening to local stakeholders.

“As the new Refuge Manager takes over next month, the Lake Havasu community and I will remain vigilant to ensure that any future Compatibility Determination (CD) is enacted lawfully, allows for multiple-use and is developed using a bottom-up approach that keeps Lake Havasu open for business. I couldn’t be more excited about today’s victory and can’t wait to join Ryder Bliss for a day on the Reservoir.”

Last edited by Shadow man; 07-21-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Shadow man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #39 (permalink)
Wear Your Seatbelts

Member # 196627
What is a zip from his district? It wont let me use my NJ one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scooter2374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2018, 08:36 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 55123
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter2374 View Post
What is a zip from his district? It wont let me use my NJ one.
I'm in 85051 and it worked for me to comment.

Thanks for the updates Unklhuck
Saluki ATO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Wear Your Seatbelts

Member # 196627
Done.

scooter2374 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 70595
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter2374 View Post
Done.

Thanks for spending the time to do it. Itís appreciated.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:14 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 869312
I was reading the submitted comments for the Black Canyon TMP.

Not one single comment was considered or applied.

Thank Goodness we stopped this!
AZBCE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 11:33 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 70595
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBCE View Post
I was reading the submitted comments for the Black Canyon TMP.

Not one single comment was considered or applied.

Thank Goodness we stopped this!

The whole process got screwed up. The BLM lost most of the staff they had working on it. They also found flaws in the EIS. So, they had to complete an entirely new one. Such a messed up .gov org.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 869312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklhuck View Post
The whole process got screwed up. The BLM lost most of the staff they had working on it. They also found flaws in the EIS. So, they had to complete an entirely new one. Such a messed up .gov org.
I absolutely agree. They had no choice but to stop once we blew the cover. I think many of them realized what they were doing was wrong.

I talked with a high-level BLM supervisor from Hassayampa District. He and his officers are happy the trail closures have been stopped. However, BLM land is only a small portion of Arizona. Forest Service has already completed TMPs years ago.

We flooded them with comments. I build a website specifically for collecting comments and it worked wonders...

Now I plan to start a campaign to change the way trails are closed. We must enforce Arizona law with RS2477 Rights Of Way. Our elected officials must be involved in the decision-making process.

Kevin A.
www.AZBackcountryExplorers.com
AZBCE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in