Delica 4M40 into gen1 montero LWB - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Mitsubishi
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 180935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raole Duke View Post
Got my manual shift controller from BrettM here on pirate, I think ~$100, but I don't think he's around anymore. R.DesJardin sells a few different models, PM him if your TCU doesn't work.
WOW
thats awesome! I was looking at the one from Wholesale Automatic Transmissions in Australia. Theirs is pretty fancy with a programmable computer and I believe a manual torque converter lock up, linky here
The problem with that kit is the price! It has very nice features but a lot more than I want to spend on it. It's very nice to know there are other options out there. For my needs I really hope the Delica TCU works out.

Thanks,
Adrian.
roaming knome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 516793
hey mate, was reading through your build here, I have a Pajero here that has a sad 4m40 in it and I have got a 4m40 from a delica to swap into it.

I see that where the dip stick goes in the pajero is through the block and that hole has to be drilled on the delica block.
Do you know what size I need to drill, was going to try get hold of a reamer as well to suite as its only an o ring at the base of the dip stick that seals it up.

I too was thinking a solid axle swap up front with a Toyota Hilux setup as they are reasonably easy to get hold of in New Zealand but have to make the beast go first!!

Cheers
NISBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 516793
for future reference: sorted the hole issue. drill down in the same spot with a 12mm drill bit then swap to a 10mm and finish the hole the rest of the way thorugh, maybe another 10 mm to go. going to a smaller diametre drill after the 12mm provides a shoulder the dipstick pipe to sit on. try and drill it the same angle. might even be easier from underneath with the sump off, should have the sump off anyway to remove any swarf.

Last edited by NISBRO; 11-15-2014 at 05:26 PM.
NISBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 180935
Thanks for the Info! Sorry to reply so late, I have been working removing the cab from the chassis and what a PAIN IN THE ASS it is when you don't have a crane! I manager to remove it with an engine crane/lift and high lift jack. It took me an entire day to do, not the most efficient way its what I had. I will post photos up soon.

I am going to need to do the dipstick modification as well as locate and buy a sump pan, oil pickup tube, and dipstick. I have found a few sources on ebay UK but they do not respond back, so I'm still looking for those parts. I have been busy with other things anyway, cleaning up the chassis and getting ready to fit and weld suspension mounts. I will be modifying the trans x-member soon as well so I have plenty do before I need to worry about drilling the dipstick hole. Sorry I was not able provide any helpful information, but am glad you got it done.
roaming knome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in