Post your pics of todays ride. - Page 9 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Motorcycles/ATVs
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2019, 04:35 PM   #201 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter! View Post
Happily committing to my personal promise of more track days because it's much safer than riding near someone in a fucking Prius.
Thatís my promise for next year. We bought a house late last year and itís been nonstop moving, organizing, house things something something all year. I did get 3 track days in already, but no racing. Next year I want to get back in it. Of course, I have a few bikes to fix/upgrade to get back up to speed.

'84 CJ7- all stock farm rig, except a bunch of gun racks

'79 CJ5- not stock- way too much to list
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #202 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Send a message via AIM to sceep Send a message via MSN to sceep
Two day trial this weekend in Lake Fork, NM. Didn't ride Sat as I had brought along a couple buddies and their kids. Had to shepherd them around and show them the ropes.

Sunday was great, 8 sections, 3 loops, with a total score of 24 put me on the podium in 2nd in Amature! Should have had first but a dumb mistake on section 5 put me 2 points behind. Buddies kids placed 3rd and 5th in Beginner on their first day ever, and riding CRF's.

https://www.facebook.com/kris.webb.7...7661432938621/

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDA forest service website
It is every American's birthright to use the national forests and grasslands in multiple ways, including outdoor recreation in all its forms.
sceep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #203 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quick ride to White Tank regional park last weekend AM. It's getting cooler now so lots more riding planned.

First "long" ride (400+ round trip) and first group ride coming this weekend. The rest of the group is experienced and on much more powerful bikes, already have told them to wait up somewhere for me and that I plan on riding my own ride. Ride from PHX to Prescott the back way up Yarnell hill then the technical twisties of 89/89A. Wish me luck...

Old 09-19-2019, 08:10 PM   #204 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
Dude! That's awesome! Good luck and 89/89A are SUPER fun, even at a medium pace

LOL

Peterson's 4 Wheel & Off-road UA2014 Alumni.
Cooter! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2019, 03:29 PM   #205 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Dude! That's awesome! Good luck and 89/89A are SUPER fun, even at a medium pace
Well, I made it! Pretty good run, I didn't have time to be scared of anything because it all happened so quick Rode with a group of 6, all except one on liter sport bikes and all more much more skilled and bigger risk takers than myself so that was quite the experience for me. Honestly would have preferred to take it slower and at my own pace to actually take in some of the learning opportunities, instead of playing catch up. They did let the cat out of the bag while we were eating lunch in Prescott that most of the other noobs they take on this ride and challenged "try to keep up" haven't made it without dumping the bike- I told them right away when we met up I won't be keeping up I was actually on pace up Yarnell hill (wide sweepers). Between Wilholt and Prescott I kept up the first 1/3 maybe, then a "loose gravel" road construction sign got in my head. That combined with running just a hair wide on one corner (picked too early an entry point) had me running scared the rest of the run and I dialed it back. Interestingly enough, they did not want to ride back ďdownhillĒ out of Prescott, instead opting to return to PHX on I-17. I thought that was odd. I know you wouldnít be able to be ďon itĒ going downhill but I thought part of being well rounded riding skill wise would be able to do everything both ways. That left me unfulfilled and Iím heading back next weekend to go out and back on my own. I will ride 50% or less my ability to leave plenty of safety margin on the ride downhill, especially knowing I ran the one corner wide. The other thing everyone recommended is frame sliders. I was back and forth on this before and then until todays discussion it was mostly out of my head, mostly thinking Iíll just ride within my limits. What good are frame sliders if the bike flies off a cliff or into a 300 ton boulder? I do see where they would have more of a purpose in a controlled environment on the track for instance. Iím back to thinking maybe I need them?? Advice??

Buddy I bought the KTM from and I met up before meeting the rest of the group, heís got a new GSXS 750, the only other non-liter bike:

chicken strip exhibit #1 (looks like I've been on 80% of the tire at certain points)

To explore that last 10% on either side should I be putting some sliders on the bike?
Old 09-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #206 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexyTJ View Post
They did let the cat out of the bag while we were eating lunch in Prescott that most of the other noobs they take on this ride and challenged "try to keep up" haven't made it without dumping the bike- I told them right away when we met up I won't be keeping up I was actually on pace up Yarnell hill (wide sweepers). Between Wilholt and Prescott I kept up the first 1/3 maybe, then a "loose gravel" road construction sign got in my head. That combined with running just a hair wide on one corner (picked too early an entry point) had me running scared the rest of the run and I dialed it back.

Interestingly enough, they did not want to ride back “downhill” out of Prescott, instead opting to return to PHX on I-17. I thought that was odd.

chicken strip exhibit #1 (looks like I've been on 80% of the tire at certain points)
To explore that last 10% on either side should I be putting some sliders on the bike?

Yep. Ride your own ride. There are no trophies at the end. There’s nothing wrong with them going ahead of you, as long as they don’t try and lose you, but It is kind of a dick move that they don’t dial it down a bit to make you or other beginners more comfortable. We are trying to get more people into this sport, not run them off.

They may have their reasons, but it may also show they are not as experienced as they think. I’m not the best at downhill, simply because there is not much downhill around here. Hell, other than T2 and T10 at cota. I have to travel to the tx hill country (about 250 miles out) for anything downhill. I still do it though and try to do it well, because it’s not something I get to do often. . No problems going down pikes peak at a decent speed, if that helps.

Back the truck up and remember “ride your own ride”. Your chicken strips are normal for most people out there. You are still feeling things out, worry about chicken strips later. And on the frame sliders; they are good for one thing only, if you dump it in a parking lot or very slow speeds. After that, you’ll kill the frame with frame sliders. Think about it; it’s a hard plastic mounted directly to the frame and/or engine case. What do you think will happen when it gets slammed down on the ground? I do have them in my FZ1, but I use them more for a foot rest.

Last edited by Rttoys; 09-22-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #207 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post
Yep. Ride your own ride. There are no trophies at the end. Thereís nothing wrong with them going ahead of you, as long as they donít try and lose you, but It is kind of a dick move that they donít dial it down a bit to make you or other beginners more comfortable. We are trying to get more people into this sport, not run them off.

They may have their reasons, but it may also show they are not as experienced as they think. Iím not the best at downhill, simply because there is not much downhill around here. Hell, other than T2 and T10 at cota. I have to travel to the tx hill country (about 250 miles out) for anything downhill. I still do it though and try to do it well, because itís not something I get to do often. . No problems going down pikes peak at a decent speed, if that helps.

Back the truck up and remember ďride your own rideĒ. Your chicken strips are normal for most people out there. You are still feeling things out, worry about chicken strips later. And on the frame sliders; they are good for one thing only, if you dump it in a parking lot or very slow speeds. After that, youíll kill the frame with frame sliders. Think about it; itís a hard plastic mounted directly to the frame and/or engine case. What do you think will happen when it gets slammed down on the ground? I do have them in my FZ1, but I use them more for a foot rest.
In all fairness they did wait up at key spots, I don't blame them at all, and asked them to ride the way they wanted. It would be nice to follow a more skilled rider through at a more reasonable pace, to see their line selections, braking points, lean angles, etc. I guess that will come with more experience.

I'm going to give the downhill thing a whirl next weekend and I'll report back. I will run it the uphill direction as we did today first to scout out any changes in road surface/construction/debris...

Is it normal/reasonable to use all the lean angle on the street? Doesn't that mean you've left no margin for error? I'm still feeling out tire pressure as well, realized I was 5-6 lbs low and wondered why it was transitioning like a dump truck

Got it on the frame sliders. I'm still working on a lot of low speed/parking lot stuff so maybe they have some value. I do find trying to master the super low speed stuff is helping my confidence in general and are good skills to have. It's not in the cards at the moment but I almost feel like buying a complete beater for that purpose. I do see your point about them transferring a massive amount of force into the frame/engine mount that it wasn't really designed for. Maybe you save the cosmetic damage but shit is still going to get tweaked in a 'crash'.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:26 PM   #208 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:
In all fairness they did wait up at key spots, I don't blame them at all, and asked them to ride the way they wanted. It would be nice to follow a more skilled rider through at a more reasonable pace, to see their line selections, braking points, lean angles, etc. I guess that will come with more experience.

I'm going to give the downhill thing a whirl next weekend and I'll report back. I will run it the uphill direction as we did today first to scout out any changes in road surface/construction/debris...

Is it normal/reasonable to use all the lean angle on the street? Doesn't that mean you've left no margin for error? I'm still feeling out tire pressure as well, realized I was 5-6 lbs low and wondered why it was transitioning like a dump truck

Got it on the frame sliders. I'm still working on a lot of low speed/parking lot stuff so maybe they have some value. I do find trying to master the super low speed stuff is helping my confidence in general and are good skills to have. It's not in the cards at the moment but I almost feel like buying a complete beater for that purpose. I do see your point about them transferring a massive amount of force into the frame/engine mount that it wasn't really designed for. Maybe you save the cosmetic damage but shit is still going to get tweaked in a 'crash'.
Good. Thatís what they should do. You could probably ask one of them to slow down, so you can follow, but it can be a little difficult to watch them and pay attention to what you are doing, on a difficult road like you describing.

Good. Slow and steady. Youíll be fine.

Thatís a question. simple answer is if you run out of tire, you are on the ground. FYI. For any sport bike tire, that is 64* of lean angle. on edit, iím not sure how to answer this and Iím sure others here that ride aggressively and on the track are giving you the confused look, too.

To be honest, your street tire pressure should be what is recommended by the bike manufacturer located on the label on the bike.

Old 09-28-2019, 04:57 PM   #209 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Good. That’s what they should do. You could probably ask one of them to slow down, so you can follow, but it can be a little difficult to watch them and pay attention to what you are doing, on a difficult road like you describing.

Good. Slow and steady. You’ll be fine.

That’s a question. simple answer is if you run out of tire, you are on the ground. FYI. For any sport bike tire, that is 64* of lean angle. on edit, i’m not sure how to answer this and I’m sure others here that ride aggressively and on the track are giving you the confused look, too.

To be honest, your street tire pressure should be what is recommended by the bike manufacturer located on the label on the bike.
Take it easy on the noob, I'd rather ask dumb questions that help me keep the rubber side down. I'm realizing at the moment there is probably no good way for me to use any more lean angle. My comfort level/skill level/trust in the bike and tires just isn't there at the moment. :/ I’d rather ride the way I’m riding (cautious), than try to use the rest of the tire, eat pavement and be done… that would suck. I’m glad I got over the mental thing about downhill, it was nothing really. I did get to trail brake some, and got to see that in action and for whatever reason it works well. My latest battle is going back and forth between brake and gas in a compressed time frame and staying smooth. I’m ok with the brakes but I seem to be snapping the throttle open and closed more than I’d like. The corners and transitions are forcing me to do it faster than muscle memory at the moment I guess?

So I did it, ran Wilholt to Prescott both directions back and forth twice. The downhill thing is 90% mental. I actually found the road flows better the "downhill" direction. The road was not in great shape today. We had a week of rain statewide leading up into today, and the road had a lot of debris on it. Low clouds were hanging in the Bradshaw Mts this morning and water/dampness present on the road surface before the sun burned it off. Remember the “loose gravel” sign I mentioned in the earlier post? Oddly enough, you only see that sign going uphill Wilholt to Prescott, coming from Prescott, there is no warning that few miles of pavement is in dangerous condition. Leaving Prescott on round two, an ambulance went screaming up the hill- I wondered where it was headed as I followed it through most of the twisties, thinking that would be a horrible ride (long!) back to the hospital. Sure enough, just getting into the loose gravel section it pulls to the outside of a gravel laden, off camber, decreasing radius corner where LEO and a ranger were already present. In the pull off, a group of 4-5 ADV bikes. Down the embankment about 25yds, It looked like they were tending to someone that lost it I could not see the condition or how bad it was. This group passed by me while I was getting gas, so they were literally 5 minutes ahead of me.

Couple pics both from the Yarnell hill section (uphill side on the lower road deck, two lanes, new pavement all the way up )

Upper deck is the downhill side, only one lane (couple small sections of double lane for passing), old pavement:

Last edited by FlexyTJ; 09-28-2019 at 05:00 PM.
FlexyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #210 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:
Take it easy on the noob, I'd rather ask dumb questions that help me keep the rubber side down. I'm realizing at the moment there is probably no good way for me to use any more lean angle. My comfort level/skill level/trust in the bike and tires just isn't there at the moment. My latest battle is going back and forth between brake and gas in a compressed time frame and staying smooth. Iím ok with the brakes but I seem to be snapping the throttle open and closed more than Iíd like. The corners and transitions are forcing me to do it faster than muscle memory at the moment I guess?
How tight is your grip on the bars?
If you have the Vulcan death grip on the bars, youíre gonna lose it. Lighten up on the grip and (back to basics) get smooth on the controls.

Are you using all your fingers to control the clutch a brake, or 2 fingering it?
I prefer to use 2 fingers on my levers. Using 2 fingers for at least the brake, seems to give better throttle control and as strong as the front brakes are now a days, you donít need much lever to slow/stop the bike.

Your transition from no throttle to opening it, may never be smooth due to what is called fuel cutoff. When you go to closed throttle, the injectors actually turn off. They turn back on around idle or when you apply throttle again. That time from off to on is that small delay you feel and it is never a smooth transition. My Fz1 is very bad at this, it was so bad I ended up getting the ecm programmed to eliminate it. There is also aftermarket things like a fuel cutoff eliminator you can install on your bike. It does make a world of difference.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:40 AM   #211 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
Thats all good info

New riders universally have trust issues with the rubber on the tires, LOL.

I am currently helping Bubbles learn to ride as well. She has a solid base of just passing the MSF, 2 track days, 3 books, 2000 miles of street, and exactly one exit length of the 405 freeway. It was super fun to take her to a big parking lot and do braking and swerving drills.

Accelerate to 20, get to a marker, and stop as quick as you can, put a cone down, and beat it a few times, then at 30, 40, 50, etc. I've been riding my whole life and it was really fun! (I totally kicked her ass, haha :smartass

Same with swerving, set the cone down and ride straight at it about 20mph. I would be farther down (in line with the cone and where she should be looking) and would point left or right at increasingly shorter distances, then at higher speeds.

She thinks it built upon her confidence level astronomically.

When I ride with her, the last one to put their foot down at stop lights, wins

Old 09-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #212 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
How tight is your grip on the bars?
If you have the Vulcan death grip on the bars, you’re gonna lose it. Lighten up on the grip and (back to basics) get smooth on the controls.

Are you using all your fingers to control the clutch a brake, or 2 fingering it?
I prefer to use 2 fingers on my levers. Using 2 fingers for at least the brake, seems to give better throttle control and as strong as the front brakes are now a days, you don’t need much lever to slow/stop the bike.

Your transition from no throttle to opening it, may never be smooth due to what is called fuel cutoff. When you go to closed throttle, the injectors actually turn off. They turn back on around idle or when you apply throttle again. That time from off to on is that small delay you feel and it is never a smooth transition. My Fz1 is very bad at this, it was so bad I ended up getting the ecm programmed to eliminate it. There is also aftermarket things like a fuel cutoff eliminator you can install on your bike. It does make a world of difference.
I'm not doing the Vulcan death grip (anymore ). I started that way and found out real quickly the fairly responsive throttle on my bike is easily opened accidentally going over bumps and dips in the road when holding death grip style. It has been cold in the AM's in the high country, and a couple days found myself shivering/uncomfortably cold. As I think about it maybe my grip was going towards death grip style not being used to being 'cold'.

I'm using only index/middle on the brake. Got spoiled over the years riding high end MTB hydros that only need one finger to stop. However, only the brake lever has adjustable reach, and I can't quite two finger (is that a term?) my clutch. I need to get some aftermarket adjustable levers, or at the minimum a clutch lever.

Interesting note on the fuel cutoff. I didn't think of that. I've researched the power commander a bit and figured I’d need one for swapping exhausts, but didn’t think of it for general fueling adjustments. How do they work? Is it a piggyback ECU or complete replacement? Do they have any base maps/cookie cutter tunes when you get them? Do tuners email tunes for these or does it have to be dyno tuned in person?

Cooter: I’m working through the basics for repetition at least once a week. I go out to a parking lot, do all the low speed stuff from MSF + anything else I’ve found on youtube (Motojitsu dood). I have an empty stretch of road I practice panic stops and swerves.

Sunday I rode another 350mi. For those that know the area PHX up Beeline to Payson, then Pine to Strawberry down to the 17 and back Although the high country feels like it's getting too cold already

Thanks again for all the advice!

Last edited by FlexyTJ; 09-30-2019 at 06:30 PM.
FlexyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #213 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:
I'm not doing the Vulcan death grip (anymore ). I started that way and found out real quickly the fairly responsive throttle on my bike is easily opened accidentally going over bumps and dips in the road when holding death grip style. It has been cold in the AM's in the high country, and a couple days found myself shivering/uncomfortably cold. As I think about it maybe my grip was going towards death grip style not being used to being 'cold'.

I'm using only index/middle on the brake. Got spoiled over the years riding high end MTB hydros that only need one finger to stop. However, only the brake lever has adjustable reach, and I can't quite two finger (is that a term?) my clutch. I need to get some aftermarket adjustable levers, or at the minimum a clutch lever.

Interesting note on the fuel cutoff. I didn't think of that. I've researched the power commander a bit and figured Iíd need one for swapping exhausts, but didnít think of it for general fueling adjustments. How do they work? Is it a piggyback ECU or complete replacement? Do they have any base maps/cookie cutter tunes when you get them? Do tuners email tunes for these or does it have to be dyno tuned in person?

e!
I know I have posted this video before, but if you fast forward to around 2:15 you can watch Nickyís hands very well and see how relaxed he it.

Plus it shows how capable a standard motorcycle like yours is capable of.

If you get new levers, donít get the cheap china stuff. They are horrible.

Programmers like power commander are piggyback systems. The nice part is you can download tunes out of their tune library, that seem to work pretty well. You can still tweak them if you want though and dunk tuning is actually the best, if someone does that in your area. Iím not 100% sure they eliminate the fuel cutoff, though. It seems to be fairly well resolved on my ninja, but on my FZ1 I had to have the ecu ďcrackedĒ to eliminate it. The bike is a beast now though.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:02 PM   #214 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
RIP Kentucky Kid Just proves that road biking is a dangerous sport and no one should be allowed to do it on public roads! Ever!

What a cool vid though. I'm not allowed to ride my motorcycle within 24 hours of watching anything like that

Old 10-06-2019, 06:45 PM   #215 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
I know I have posted this video before

If you get new levers, donít get the cheap china stuff. They are horrible.

Programmers like power commander are piggyback systems.
Enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing... Impressive for sure. Noted on the levers- since they are such an important 'touch point' as far as input into the bike goes I'll avoid the chinesium. Thanks for the ECU info. Doing my research on that still.

Quote:
RIP Kentucky Kid
Indeed, didn't realize his fate until I looked through a few more vids

Put in another 700mi this weekend Saturday did 460mi; Yarnell-Prescott-Jerome-Camp Verde-Strawberry-Pine-Payson-back to PHX. Today another 250ish the Yarnell-Prescott runs back and forth up and down the twisties a few times. The group is headed to the track in the next week or two but I agree with the earlier assessment that I need more seat time... No pics too busy riding this time.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #216 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:
RIP Kentucky Kid Just proves that road biking is a dangerous sport and no one should be allowed to do it on public roads! Ever!

What a cool vid though. I'm not allowed to ride my motorcycle within 24 hours of watching anything like that
What a fucked up deal. Ride a million miles an hour on a track and get taken out on a bicycle on the street.

I had a hyper and ran it once at cota, but it was in a trenchal downpour. Fun. As. Hell. But never lifted the front coming out of a turn.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rttoys; 10-06-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:28 AM   #217 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Great Trials In Roswell NM this weekend. I've never ridden here so didn't know what to expect. It was def my kind of terrain. Everyone I talked to was bitching that the trialsmaster set to difficult of sections. I was stoked on them.

5th in class on sat, 3rd sund. Couple people are pushing me to move up a class. Maybe I will come the new season.
Attached Images

Quote:
It is every American's birthright to use the national forests and grasslands in multiple ways, including outdoor recreation in all its forms.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #218 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceep View Post
Great Trials In Roswell NM this weekend. I've never ridden here so didn't know what to expect. It was def my kind of terrain. Everyone I talked to was bitching that the trialsmaster set to difficult of sections. I was stoked on them.

5th in class on sat, 3rd sund. Couple people are pushing me to move up a class. Maybe I will come the new season.
Nice work Do you have any video of your runs? I dig the trials moves (on pedal bikes too) even though I don't have that skill set.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:33 AM   #219 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Quote:
Nice work Do you have any video of your runs? I dig the trials moves (on pedal bikes too) even though I don't have that skill set.
Thanks!
I don't. But after dads epic crash on section 6 last weekend I've decided I need to dust off the go-pros so we can catch some of this shit.

Quote:

Last edited by sceep; 10-10-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:26 AM   #220 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
Did someone say "Crash"? Ugh.

Lost the rear (!?) and had a really easy left turn low-side at about 90mph just before I got on the gas coming on to the straight. It was all good until the bike hit the dirt and flipped violently over SMASHING the right side

It just felt weird. Like the rear (but just the rear) hit oil or something? I got it on the lift and The stupid wide rear EBR swing arm + The stupid wide T-rex axle sliders means I hit the rear slider even before the spring loaded footpeg No bueno to be hitting hard parts at full lean.
I might even write T-rex a strongly worded email...

Off to wallet draining e-bay...

Last edited by Cooter!; 10-10-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #221 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Quote:
I hit the rear slider even before the spring loaded footpeg
damn. That sucks.

Glad you are ok.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #222 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Ugh. That sucks man. Glad you are ok. Any footage of the crash. I still have a crashed 300 I havenít repaired yet.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #223 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
Haha no footage... It would have just been a blur shooting off the track and a huuuuge cloud of dust. #Calidesert

Old 10-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #224 (permalink)

Member # 40417
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceep View Post
Thanks!
I don't. But after dads epic crash on section 6 last weekend I've decided I need to dust off the go-pros so we can catch some of this shit.
Yeah, do eet!

Quote:
Did someone say "Crash"? Ugh.
Oh chit! Glad you are ok...

Does most gear you are wearing end up trashed in a wreck like that? I assume you had a track suit on?
Old 10-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #225 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:

Oh chit! Glad you are ok...

Does most gear you are wearing end up trashed in a wreck like that? I assume you had a track suit on?
Good leathers (race suits) wonít for the most part. Cheapo like Bilt will and thatís the beauty of a track, you have smooth run off, so you just slide it out. Good track gear is made to take the punishment.

The only thing you have to worry about is your helmet. If it takes a hit, youíll have to replace it. I know on our track days, the donít inspect them too close for impact or age, but in racing they do, big time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in