2011 brut force 750 4x4i - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Motorcycles/ATVs
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
2011 brut force 750 4x4i

Hey guys. I cant find alot of great forums about modding atvs. I dont know about 4wheelers at all i had a sammy for a long time. I hated it it when i first bought it cuz the bump steer was awful. Over the years i gradually fixed the issues one by one and had a great rig. Had to sell it 5 years later and now im trying to ease back in to trail riding now. So i got this brute. Guess what? Bump steer is awful. I have a 2 inch lift i think highlifter. 31 inche out laws on 2 inch wheel spacers. I wanna bend some new a arms and either get custom axle shafts or find some longer ones for another application to delete wheel spacers and lessen the axle shaft angle. Any idea on who may have done this in the past? Or any search terms i could use im not having any luck. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spring creek sammy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please like My fb page

zukiscoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 16536
Bump steer on a 4 wheeler?? Hear something new everyday. There has to be forums out there, prolly have some for under water basket weaving....
Old 12-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
today

Member # 225557
do you even lift bro

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 189138
When you want to trail ride the thing, get rid of the stupid lift, wheelspacers and 31" outlaws. Put some 27" Big Horns on it and go trail riding. Done.
ilten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2019, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
You need the lift for all the mud down here. Itís just how it is in the flatlands.

Canít help on the lift stuff, but what about running portals?

'84 CJ7- all stock farm rig, except a bunch of gun racks

'79 CJ5- not stock- way too much to list
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2019, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
Dont have the money for portals man. But i can bend some tubular a arms and move the hubs out far enough to delete the spacers. Just wondrring if theres any one tinkering with this idea too.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
Quote:
Originally Posted by b454rat View Post
Bump steer on a 4 wheeler?? Hear something new everyday. There has to be forums out there, prolly have some for under water basket weaving....
Yeah what do you call it when you hit a bump on one wheel and the whole godamn thing goes that direction. Cant be fuckin normal. Its the lift and spacers. I cant get rid of the lift but if i stretch the a arms i can delete the spacers and eliminate some of the angle from the axle which should make the birfields a little stronger since theyre maxed out as is.

spring creek sammy

Please like My fb page

Old 12-02-2019, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilten View Post
When you want to trail ride the thing, get rid of the stupid lift, wheelspacers and 31" outlaws. Put some 27" Big Horns on it and go trail riding. Done.
I agree 31s are a little rediculous but it what i got at the moment. Just spitballing the idea. Hey maybe theres a reason i dont see it done in forums it could be a stupid idea.

spring creek sammy

Please like My fb page

Old 12-02-2019, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post
do you even lift bro<a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" >:-)</a>
No i didnt install this one anyway. But look me up and see

spring creek sammy

Please like My fb page

Old 12-03-2019, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Insurance poor

Member # 140853
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiscoot View Post
I agree 31s are a little rediculous but it what i got at the moment. Just spitballing the idea. Hey maybe theres a reason i dont see it done in forums it could be a stupid idea.
Not a stupid idea, we are just in a bolt on society. You buy a kit, you bolt it on and go.

If you do this, I suggest arched lowers, for better Ground clearance.

'84 CJ7- all stock farm rig, except a bunch of gun racks

'79 CJ5- not stock- way too much to list
Rttoys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post
Not a stupid idea, we are just in a bolt on society. You buy a kit, you bolt it on and go.

If you do this, I suggest arched lowers, for better Ground clearance.
good idea. id like to use 1.25 sh 40 pipe for the control arms. ive gotten tired of spending big $ on dom when pipe will do.

spring creek sammy

Please like My fb page

Old 12-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 40450
Have you been over here yet?:

https://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/23-kawasaki/

I have a 650 Prairie, and there is a lot of great info on that site.

That being said, does your quad still have the sway bar on it? I rode a Brute a few weeks ago that had a lift and no sway bar, and the thing was an absolute death trap. I'm not sure how the guy made it through the day without crashing his brains out. He didn't have wheel spacers to widen it, either. It would start to wallow around at speed and you just had to stop before it went where it wanted to go.
MDMIKE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMIKE View Post
Have you been over here yet?:

https://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/23-kawasaki/

I have a 650 Prairie, and there is a lot of great info on that site.

That being said, does your quad still have the sway bar on it? I rode a Brute a few weeks ago that had a lift and no sway bar, and the thing was an absolute death trap. I'm not sure how the guy made it through the day without crashing his brains out. He didn't have wheel spacers to widen it, either. It would start to wallow around at speed and you just had to stop before it went where it wanted to go.
Yeah shes got a rear sway bar. Im on mud inmyblood under same name. Im thinkin its a combo of spacers and tie rods out of angle due to the lift. Tore the rear apart today looking at another issue. May play with it while its broke down.

spring creek sammy

Please like My fb page

Old 12-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
nice roach.

Member # 3377
Also may want to check to see which side of the steering arms the tie rods are supposed to be on. I have a 2014 rzr 800 that was set up at max height for mud riding, and had some noticeable bump steer... turns out a lot of the mud guys put the tie rods on top of the steering knuckles thinking it'll give them more travel. in reality it fawks up the tie rod to a-arm geometry and leads to bump steer.

wear life like a loose garment

84 Toy Farm Beater
88 4Runner Beach Ride
11 Tundra Double Cab Rock Warrior
jhama78 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2019, 09:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 127511
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhama78 View Post
Also may want to check to see which side of the steering arms the tie rods are supposed to be on. I have a 2014 rzr 800 that was set up at max height for mud riding, and had some noticeable bump steer... turns out a lot of the mud guys put the tie rods on top of the steering knuckles thinking it'll give them more travel. in reality it fawks up the tie rod to a-arm geometry and leads to bump steer.
My tie rods come into the top of the knuckles but i think thats normal cuz theres a recess for the washer and nylock on the bottom of the bolt point. on the pivot point on top of the front 3rd looks like their bolted to the correct location also.

spring creek sammy

Please like My fb page

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in