Pirate 4x4 banner

What kind of bikes are you guys riding

71K views 334 replies 243 participants last post by  Oilcan_racer 
#1 ·
Im riding a planet x set up for mostly trials/ and dirt jumping, what are you guys riding?? :cool2:

#103 · (Edited)
AMP Research B5 XC race rocket
Horst Leitner's baby.
Risse air shock, Noleen Mega Air forks, and enough Carbon and Ti to get to an honest 22lb weight in race trim.

For the road:
Aegis Aero Svelte

#108 ·
04 Specialized HardRock Pro/Disk - Just gave that one to my daughter and got myself an 05 Haro Escape 8.3.

#110 ·
well here is what i have now... been riding this for about 4 years now.. and im getting too old for a hard tail... (i took the suspension seat post off, was on there when i bought it).... i am looking at a 2005 Salsa Caballero frame.. and i will get that when i return from here.. and build it from the frame up... seeing all these sick bikes really makes me miss riding.... :flipoff2:

old skool.... 1998 fischer... hardtail....

#117 ·
#119 ·
Bluewater said:
the rear end one those sucks pretty bad you'll need to look into getting a new rear shock but that is next to impossible at the angle its at. http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Freeride_Full_Suspension/product_124750.shtml I'm sure it is a pretty sweet bike though i thought about getting one my self for awhile.
That is why I stayed with a hardtail bruiser, the bruiser 3 is the full suspension one, the 1 and 2 are the hardtails.

#125 ·
gears are for queers! :flipoff2:

just joking, I BMX! yup, i ride little kids' bikes.

macneil teem , ody wheelset, macniel front end, s and m seat, primo gears and chain, ody bars, all ody brakes.

as for mountain biking, i am going down A-line in whistler this summer, on a rented bike :D

#126 ·
riding 03 Orange 222.
triple 8's with risse crowns
saint rear der with sram trigger (4hrs hand machining custom adapter with file and hacksaw to fit der to frame)
hayes calipers with saint hubs
truvative cranks and bb
old AC chainguide off GT LTS downhill works good and was free
tires right now are intense fro up front 2 weeks old and 4 knobs ripped off . In the back kenda blue groove.
Its a simple design but soaks up the rough stuff and loves to corner. Way better then my old super 8.