Pirate 4x4 banner

Maxxis VS Yokohama

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Wallie 
#1 ·
Looking at these two tires. In 235/74r15. The Yokohama has a 50k treadlife warranty. The Maxxis has none according to my research. Only about a $30-$40 difference. I like the tread on the MAxxis better and they are cheaper. But those Yokohama's have the warranty and are a best buy on consumer reports.

This is for a DD Suzuki Samurai taken on the occassional logging road and deep snow.

Any recommendations?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mxx-tl16009000/overview/

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/yok-01537/overview/

#5 ·
It’s a Samurai. You don’t need a spare tire, let alone a warranty for the tires on the road.

All off the shelf LT tyres are way stiffer and have a much harder tread compound than a Samurai needs.

I wouldn’t buy a tire with a guaranteed tread life (almost ever, but especially for a Samurai) because that guarantees a hard compound. I ran Toyo’s on a D110 and can vouch that they’re rock hard and terrible on wet roads once worn. They did match the tread life guarantee though. Funny that.

If I was running 30’s on a Samurai I’d seriously consider the BFG utv race tire. It’s appropriately manufactured for a vehicle of a Samurai’s weight. The class 10 35 10.5’s are awesome on Samurais.

#8 · (Edited)
If I was running 30’s on a Samurai I’d seriously consider the BFG utv race tire. It’s appropriately manufactured for a vehicle of a Samurai’s weight. The class 10 35 10.5’s are awesome on Samurais.

I got to looking at a friend's rzr last weekend, it had some Maxxis (I think) 32x10.5x15 sticky tires that looked like they would be PERFECT for a mild samurai build.

#12 ·
I ran the maxxis tires on a ranger and now run the geolanders on a diesel f250. Apples to oranges really but I didn’t like the maxxis. Super loud with very poor wear. Didn’t perform that well Offroad compared to the swampers I had before. On my 250 it is mostly on road, occasional snow and trail running for hunting. I’ve been really happy with them, obviously not for a Offroad truck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.