Bronze Kingpin Bushing Install Issues? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 74066
Bronze Kingpin Bushing Install Issues?

I'm installing my Bronze Kingpin bushings in my '92 Dodge Dana 60. When installing the bushings in the knuckles, and then installing the roll pins supplied, the roll pins seem to fit like shit. They are super tight to get in, and I had to hammer the hell out of them to get them to just sit flush with the top of the bushing, and I can't get them any deeper than just flush with the top of the bushing, yet they are much shorter than the notch in the bushing, so they should be able to recess in a bit. The knuckles are pretty tight to turn now without even having the steering arms on. Should I just leave them as-is, or pull those roll pins and get different roll pins that are a bit smaller diameter and use them? Shouldn't they just tap into place relatively easily instead of beating the hell out of them?
Old 05-15-2019, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50690
Send a message via MSN to jemarshall
Leave them as is, put a couple of miles on them and then re-adjust the pre-load. They are always a tight fit on initial install.

I am figuring you are running arms with the screw adjuster instead of the spring set up, right?

Quote:
What ever you do, please do not suck start a shot gun.

Stick it up your ass...that way you're likely to hit something vital.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jemarshall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 02:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 867202
I had to pound the hell out of mine, too. I think they're supposed to be pretty tight, think about the vibration and force that's going to be trying to make them come out. They won't get any tighter, but in a couple hundred miles, they will be looser!
anwat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in