Brain fart lift question. - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2019, 12:35 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post
Yes 10b came in 8lug.
D44 were as lso available 8lug.

Its to match the rear axles of 3/4t.

Is yore tcase output even on the right side for that 10b? That body style truck would have a d-side tcase. The 10b is a p-side diff
Yes it is. They actually left the hole there on the driver's side from the stock one. We allready patched the hole, but yeah the new one is on top of the tunnel area all the way to the right now. It looks like everything was ready for the driveshaft for whoever did the work.

We were figuring with the GM Dana 60 it would line up the same as the 10 bolt??
I will get some pics tomorrow of the t-case and shifter.
Jenfred10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 04:17 AM   #52 (permalink)
RXT

Member # 493505
OK, I missed most of this, but from my quick read-thru, you want to put 49s on the truck and swap to a Dana 60 front? May I suggest a slightly different route?

If it were me and I was sticking 49s on this truck, I'd forgo the Dana and step up to Rockwells. The Rockwells would be stronger, top loader axles will be better for driveshaft angles and they come with deeper 6:72 gears.

Ed
Old 10-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #53 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Take pictures of the case.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXT View Post
OK, I missed most of this, but from my quick read-thru, you want to put 49s on the truck and swap to a Dana 60 front? May I suggest a slightly different route?

If it were me and I was sticking 49s on this truck, I'd forgo the Dana and step up to Rockwells. The Rockwells would be stronger, top loader axles will be better for driveshaft angles and they come with deeper 6:72 gears.

Ed
We were considering it originally, but we figure the truck will also probably be street driven a decent amount and decided against it.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Take pictures of the case.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
I personally donít recognize it. But the part number should be on this tag.
Attached Images

& Blaine

Old 10-18-2019, 07:42 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I personally donít recognize it. But the part number should be on this tag.
I will degrease it tomorrow and see what I can find. See where the mount is for it? ... The transfer case is kinda hanging downward towards the ground.
I'm assuming that's not a good thing and we should probably fab. A new mount closer to the rear of the t-case?
Just noticed it when I was under there taking pics.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Many oem cases are mounted of the adapter. That wouldnít be my immediate concern.

That might be a 208. Oem 73-87 chev case. (Also what your axle is out of. I have never worked on one)

& Blaine

Old 10-18-2019, 10:25 PM   #59 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
It is a 208. 81-87 ish and yes the front axle probably came fron the same truck.

Some people like them. I think they are garbage. No ball bearings. Only torinton needle bearings. No oil pump. You cant swap inputs like 205 or 241. No twin stick. No real upgrades at all really. But its got the lower range over a 205.

total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2019, 05:15 AM   #60 (permalink)
RXT

Member # 493505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenfred10 View Post
We were considering it originally, but we figure the truck will also probably be street driven a decent amount and decided against it.

As an FYI, Rockwells can be street driven.

Ed
Old 10-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXT View Post
As an FYI, Rockwells can be street driven.

Ed
One of the other things is finding one around here too. I haven't looked in a while, I will probably start looking again though. At least it will give us more options as well.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 867768
We are going to start looking into the transfer cases more....I don't really understand much of what you guys said and have a lot to learn about them!
Old 10-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 213125
That transfer case is an NP208.
Aisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in