Brain fart lift question. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Brain fart lift question.

We are putting bigger tires on our truck....the new tires will be approximately 7"inches
Bigger than the old tires.
Where I'm having a brain fart is..... would that mean I need 7" of lift for the wheel well gaps to stay the same? Or....do I divide that by 2 (3.5 inches of lift) you don't really know how to explain it, but I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean......that's where I am having the issue.
Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Jenfred10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 1792
Providing relevant information would probably help you achieve your answer more quickly.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 213125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheepin View Post
Providing relevant information would probably help you achieve your answer more quickly.
There’s a post on this already. Think big gay truck.
Aisin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
put the tires one, then use the saw to cut until they fit.

lift it more if you end up cutting too far into the door that you aren't comfortable with mud getting in

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
More things come into play then just lift. Firewall clearance being a huge one. But to answer your basic question 3-1/2" will keep the clearance from top of wheel well opening the same.
2big bronco is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 07:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 41059
Send a message via Yahoo to Bunk
Sawzall is your answer.
Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
More things come into play then just lift. Firewall clearance being a huge one. But to answer your basic question 3-1/2" will keep the clearance from top of wheel well opening the same.
Ok, thanks for the honest answer. It's definitely appreciated !
Old 10-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheepin View Post
Relevant? I said what I'm trying to achieve I believe? To keep the gap the same.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 867768
And......for the big gay truck shit again.......it's getting old! I more than likely would find your truck a dumb truck.
You spend your money on what you like and I will spend mine on what I like.
Don't care what "the followers" like, so I have no place to comment on what I find dumb or "gay".
Reminds me of the freaking news now days.......always someone to comment, judge or cry about shit that has nothing to do with them. Everyone has to be judgmental as if there shit don't stink, their opinion is the only opinion to be had.

In the end when you are happy with what you spent your hard earned money on....that's what matters.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
Be very grateful if I knew where the post was.... honestly didn't know what to type in to find the information.....I did search.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Whoa there cowboy... the question isn't really relevant to the board. In case you never looked here before, this forum is for hardcore builders, wheelers, and most importantly shit talkers. Most guys here build completely one off rigs, except the ghey jeep and yota bolt on crew, which is kind of where it sounds like this truck belongs. The information to be had here is priceless and the community is very tight. If you want to fit in, take the shit talking right along with the free advice. Most here are dicks, but most all are willing to help on topics that aren't already covered. The reason for the animosity is likely because you're question is covered in about a million other threads on bolt on sites. Not too hard to figure out, but we know, internetting is very tough for today's gamer trash attitude....
Old 10-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenfred10 View Post
And......for the big gay truck shit again.......it's getting old! I more than likely would find your truck a dumb truck.
You spend your money on what you like and I will spend mine on what I like.
Don't care what "the followers" like, so I have no place to comment on what I find dumb or "gay".
Reminds me of the freaking news now days.......always someone to comment, judge or cry about shit that has nothing to do with them. Everyone has to be judgmental as if there shit don't stink, their opinion is the only opinion to be had.

In the end when you are happy with what you spent your hard earned money on....that's what matters.
You tell'em jennifer. Dont take shit from none of these knuckke dragin fuck whits. Its your truck. You build it as ghey and pink with all the dildo colored drive shafts you want.

Fwiw. Relivant info would have been actual tire size and vehicle. You might need any lift at all. But your right just keep doing that basic math where you lift 2x the hieght of you tires radius. That way youll always clear and the retarded Hawaiian look is all the rage these days with the gheys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
total newb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Moving to Newb.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 12:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Moving to Newb.

Damn it Frank, the fun wuz just beginning...
Old 10-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingfire View Post
Whoa there cowboy... the question isn't really relevant to the board. In case you never looked here before, this forum is for hardcore builders, wheelers, and most importantly shit talkers. Most guys here build completely one off rigs, except the ghey jeep and yota bolt on crew, which is kind of where it sounds like this truck belongs. The information to be had here is priceless and the community is very tight. If you want to fit in, take the shit talking right along with the free advice. Most here are dicks, but most all are willing to help on topics that aren't already covered. The reason for the animosity is likely because you're question is covered in about a million other threads on bolt on sites. Not too hard to figure out, but we know, internetting is very tough for today's gamer trash attitude....
First Off....I am a woman! Secondly, If you could read .... I did look at didn't find the info, 3rd. This forum is a 4x4 forum period! 4th I'm not some young kid that knows nothing about nothing...... finally, and again.....I don't care what you like.....I personally am willing to help anyone regardless of my interest! Otherwise I keep my mouth shut!!

By the way, gamers trash mentality.......I have kids that are older than that stage of life. Again proving my point about people having to open their mouths and have know idea who they are talking too.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 867768
No problem, let it rain! I was thinking of putting this in the newb thread, but figured we are only a "newb" to lifts and truck fab.
This is general 4x4....so I figured I would try.

Last edited by Jenfred10; 10-13-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post
You tell'em jennifer. Dont take shit from none of these knuckke dragin fuck whits. Its your truck. You build it as ghey and pink with all the dildo colored drive shafts you want.

Fwiw. Relivant info would have been actual tire size and vehicle. You might need any lift at all. But your right just keep doing that basic math where you lift 2x the hieght of you tires radius. That way youll always clear and the retarded Hawaiian look is all the rage these days with the gheys.
Lol are you freaking serious???? You know why I don't post relevant information??? Because Everytime I do, some douchebag like you has to throw your jackass comments in.......so I left the 44 inch tires to 49 inch to myself so I didn't have to hear the bullshit from you guys......grow the f up!
Old 10-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
First Off....I am a woman! Secondly, If you could read .... I did look at didn't find the info, 3rd. This forum is a 4x4 forum period! 4th I'm not some young kid that knows nothing about nothing...... finally, and again.....I don't care what you like.....I personally am willing to help anyone regardless of my interest! Otherwise I keep my mouth shut!!

By the way, gamers trash mentality.......I have kids that are older than that stage of life. Again proving my point about people having to open their mouths and have know idea who they are talking too.
Cool starry bra
Old 10-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
finally fuckin in

Member # 232666
Quote:
Lol are you freaking serious???? You know why I don't post relevant information??? Because Everytime I do, some douchebag like you has to throw your jackass comments in.......so I left the 44 inch tires to 49 inch to myself so I didn't have to hear the bullshit from you guys......grow the f up!
That's 5"difference, would've helped because relevant
Old 10-13-2019, 02:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Keep in mind that newb is flame free. Nobody would have made fun of your truck. Something to think about.

Gen4x4 is our hardcore forum. Typically posts like this get a lot of flaming.

Have fun!

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Keep in mind that newb is flame free. Nobody would have made fun of your truck. Something to think about.

Gen4x4 is our hardcore forum. Typically posts like this get a lot of flaming.

Have fun!

Thanks for letting me know that, I was unaware. I do want to mention to you why I come to this site........for the past 3-4 years looking into what we are doing, looking into big lifted trucks, bothers, iroks etc. almost always lead me to this site. If you type any of this stuff into Yahoo images or almost anywhere....
There was nice people and pages of good info back then, it's pretty sad what's it's turned into.
If the info was on another site, that's the site where I would be learning.....I am never rude to people for no reason , especially there interests " hardcore or not"

I just wanted to mention that to you and also say there have been some very nice helpful people on here.....it's pretty unfortunate about the others........
Old 10-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisin View Post
Quote:
So what youre saying is aisin nailed it right on the head?

Old 10-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 867768
Quote:
Originally Posted by total newb View Post
So what youre saying is aisin nailed it right on the head?
Are you saying " big gay truck" is an actual thread with the info I'm looking for? If so I thought that he was joking.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
Yes. Big ghey truck is an actual thread.

You wont like it though. Its just all of us asshole shitty on the biggest gheyest dumb fuck trucks we find in real life and the internet.

The only thing youll learn from it is dont build stupid fuck big ghey trucks. Especialy if youre thin skinned butthurt billy

Old 10-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
blatant asshole

Member # 464641
I wonder what ever happened to that ass clown the got his panties so knotted up he choked on them?
Cause he came unfucking glued when people started shitti g on his truck. So i photo chopped dog shit as apaint job and dildo drive shafts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in