Titan long tube headers? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 144281
Titan long tube headers?

OK so I've researched this and came to the conclusion that all these fuckwads on the internet don't know what the fuck they are talking about, and just copying what they have read online. Atleast at Pirate we have people who have a fucking clue. Real life experience if you will...

I have a 2012 Titan Pro-4x, not flex fuel. Both of my exhaust manifolds are shot. Rather than dumping a shit ton of dough into stock manifolds/comverters I am seriously considering a pair of stainless long tube headers and eliminating the first pair of cats.

A fellow club member works at the dealership, and also owned a Titan for years. He tells me that the long tube headers will bolt right in and connect to the Bs, then you take spark plug spacers and put them in the lower O2s. I'm totally cool with that.

While researching which headers to buy I find a shitload of people saying that I would need to have PCM work done, or it will fuck up my valves.

Cliff notes: want to run headers with no forward cats. Buddy says no problem, internet says need reprogram.
wesfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Window Licker

Member # 34948
I dont' follow the O2/spark plug spacer concept.

The stock manifolds have the first cats and O2 sensors. The headers don't. Where exactly are you thinking those O2 sensors are going to go? The reprogram is to bypass those sensors so you can just leave them out.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in