1969 Nissan Patrol build - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Nissan
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2020, 08:37 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 788993
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
Love the swing away tire. Does it have a stop so it can't keep going and hit the side?
yes, after the initial build (which the pictures are depicting), I added a strap between the arm and bumper to keep it from swinging out too far. re-purposed an old seat belt haha
Old 03-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 788993
I finally got started on my parking brake install. Since I no longer have the OEM drivetrain, the OEM handbrake system was out (it was mounted on the oem transfer case). Luckily I have those 240sx rear calipers though! I got an OEM parking brake system from a nissan 240sx and got to work. First thing I had to do was get the rear cables installed and make a custom mount to bolt them to.

This is the OEM nissan handbrake assembly...you can see there is a plate that joins both cables into 1 for the handle to pull on. I will make use of this and adapt it to a custom mounted OEM Patrol handbrake that I ordered from ebay!

Hopefully will have the handbrake complete in a few weeks or so
Old 03-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 788993
Project "Confuse-a-car-thief" has made some headway (adding more random levers to the interior lol). I got the handbrake assembly made and installed into the Patrol! Came out real well! Next is "plumbing" the cable to connect it back to the rear cables. I will get some more pics of it installed in the Patrol hopefully tomorrow.

I am using the OEM Patrol handbrake, custom mounted to a 1/4" thick steel plate, and I adapted the "cable pull" section of the Nissan 240SX handbrake to the Patrol handbrake. This is so I can still use the adjusting nut of the 240sx cable to tighten or loosen it up for perfect tension. Works great!

Old 03-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 788993
Here's a short video showing it working:

https://imgur.com/BWjLpKq
Old 03-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #80 (permalink)
perfection in plasma

Member # 25823
Send a message via ICQ to carslut
how is the hub being used for the bumper hinge holding up? i was thinking of doing that with a vw hub but after reading the bearing tends to pull apart if you don't have a cv installed to hold the bearings tight i passed on it...... your setup looks great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
carslut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 788993
Quote:
Originally Posted by carslut View Post
how is the hub being used for the bumper hinge holding up? i was thinking of doing that with a vw hub but after reading the bearing tends to pull apart if you don't have a cv installed to hold the bearings tight i passed on it...... your setup looks great.
hey thanks! it is holding up very well. Im not sure what you mean by a hub needing an axle installed to keep the bearing in place....its pressed into the hub. It seems to be holding up fine. now that its been on the vehicle for a while and i have been driving it around (subjecting the vehicle to vibrations, bumps, etc), it has sagged a little bit. All I have to do is lift up slightly to get it onto the "lock", so it doesnt bother me at all.
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 788993
finally have some rear seats at least for now. I went to Academy sports to get some nice, padded boat seats. then I found these molded plastic ones next to them for only $9 each! Made some custom mounting brackets and bolted them in and they fit and feel great! There's also plenty of room under them still for storage of my tool/spare parts bag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in