The do-all, end-all most badass cooler/ice chest. - Page 12 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2016, 12:30 AM   #276 (permalink)

Member # 30144
Quote:
Originally Posted by prox621 View Post
Just looking for something built a little better than the Walmart coolers I normally buy. It won't get used a ton and should last me a long time. It would be nice to be able to camp for a long weekend and not worry about ice. Or to be able to stand or sit on it without the lid caving in.
Its definitely sturdy, I'm 190lbs and I can sit, stand, jump on it and it feels solid. Considering its replacing a 10 yead old igloo that's been abused pretty good, I think I'll like it. The only thing I don't like is that the drain plug isn't attached. Other than that it seems like a good deal.
IAJTYWU is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 10:18 AM   #277 (permalink)
The dude abides

Member # 114517
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAJTYWU View Post
Its definitely sturdy, I'm 190lbs and I can sit, stand, jump on it and it feels solid. Considering its replacing a 10 yead old igloo that's been abused pretty good, I think I'll like it. The only thing I don't like is that the drain plug isn't attached. Other than that it seems like a good deal.
How long did it take to ship?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2016, 12:46 PM   #278 (permalink)

Member # 30144
It took a few months to get it. I ordered before they were shipping, I'm not sure what the wait time is now.
IAJTYWU is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 01:39 AM   #279 (permalink)

Member # 27867
I have an Engel MT45 fridge/freezer and an Engel Deep Blue 60 cooler. I would buy them both again with no hesitation.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #280 (permalink)

Member # 87335
Send a message via AIM to ghiradelli777
i got RTIC 65 qt and it is awesome, used it all summer on the boat and back of truck. Love it. you can get them on Amazon Prime now. the drivkware is also really great too and way less than Yeti.
ghiradelli777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2016, 03:46 PM   #281 (permalink)

Member # 161105
If anyone is looking for one of the RTIC's, the coolers (in tan) and softpak's are on sale.
Coolers:
https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo...ed/RTIC-20-Tan

Softpak's:
https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak

As much as I want one, I can't decide if I really "need" one.
Timeless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #282 (permalink)

Member # 40131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
If anyone is looking for one of the RTIC's, the coolers (in tan) and softpak's are on sale.
Coolers:

Softpak's:

Same position I'm in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorsport Syndicate:::Edinburg TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Bitches today are too fucking uptight.
72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #283 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
Coolers:

Softpak's:

I picked up the 65 quart tan one because it was $160 and I'm tired of the 15+ year old Coleman steel belted I have. I"ll also have a yeti for beer and the rtic for food so "brown cooler/white cooler" will be easier to already know what's inside. I didn't NEED one but it was probably better than I expect their black friday sale to be.
H8DWINGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2016, 11:14 PM   #284 (permalink)

Member # 24741
Send a message via AIM to Kraqa Send a message via MSN to Kraqa
I got an rtic 65. I was impressed with it. But holy hell its huge. I want to order a 45 or the even smaller one. But not sure if I need it.

Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | RCV Performance Shafts | Redwood Plastics & Rubber

Instagram & Twitter: @Kraqa
Kraqa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 12:44 PM   #285 (permalink)

Member # 159257
Currently 305 off RTIC coolers in white and tan. I picked up a 65 for Christmas and just ordered a 20 today because the lawsuit with YETI is finalized. If you check RTIC's social media they're not telling people they have to stop making their coolers, or cups and they're not telling people they have to give YETI money.

YETI Coolers reaches settlement with Texas rival RTIC

AUSTIN -- YETI coolers announced Thursday that a binding settlement was reached in its lawsuit against RTIC Coolers.

The lawsuit, filed in federal district court, alleged patent infringement, trade dress infringement, trademark infringement and unfair competition.

According to the terms of the settlement, RTIC Coolers is required to make a financial payment to YETI; to cease sales of all products subject to the lawsuit -- this includes hard-sided coolers, soft-sided coolers and drinkware -- and to redesign all products in question.

RTIC co-founder John Jacobsen told the Houston Chronicle for Friday's edition, "That his company entered the settlement to avoid the additional cost and uncertainty of litigation."

YETI CEO Matt Reintjes stated in a press release, “We are extremely pleased with the results we have achieved. We will continue to defend our innovation and intellectual property. This is a true win.”
Old 09-10-2017, 06:54 AM   #286 (permalink)

Member # 75858
Bumping this back up. Is a Yeti worth the money? Is RTIC still making a comparable product?
Old 09-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #287 (permalink)

Member # 716898
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rhino View Post
Is a Yeti worth the money?
That can be nothing but a personal judgement call.

Pelican's look good to me.

For a permanent install, DIY.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #288 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 49997
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rhino View Post
Bumping this back up. Is a Yeti worth the money? Is RTIC still making a comparable product?
RTIC just went through a redesign because of the lawsuit but i would think it is still a better product for less money.
rugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #289 (permalink)
Moderhater

Member # 16980
I've come to the conclusion to buy them used. My yeti was 100 bucks from some dude on facebook. I use the shit out of it. I have a coleman 5 day cooler that wishes it can keep ice as long as the yeti. I use dry ice in them, and it'll freeze the water bottles solid, and maintain for at LEAST 4 days.

gun facts that will blow your mind:

Halogrinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #290 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
I'd buy a Pelican all day long. I thought they were on the spendy end until I looked at the Yeti in a local store and wow. They are more $$ than Pelican and can't see why at all.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2017, 08:57 AM   #291 (permalink)

Member # 159257
RTIC is still in business. I like the ones I bought from them and I'm considering buying their small lunch box sized one (currently on sale with discount code Thanks25 through 9/30 I think) for $82 shipped. I have a 65 and their 20. Both have their place. The 20 is great for me and the wife to travel a few hours and have snacks and drinks along the way. With child #1 on the way I'm sure it will be used even more.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #292 (permalink)

Member # 79539
Has anyone used the ICE MULE Soft Sided Coolers?

I know it's not the Yetiarticiglooozark style, but I'm considering using one for inside the hard storage on my ATV instead of mounting a separate cooler.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #293 (permalink)

Member # 75858
Biggest problems I see with the Yeti's and Pelican's is the physical size they take up. I've got my storage area arranged in a way that I can't fit a big cooler so I will end up losing interior storage capacity.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:03 AM   #294 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLBucket View Post
Has anyone used the ICE MULE Soft Sided Coolers?

I know it's not the Yetiarticiglooozark style, but I'm considering using one for inside the hard storage on my ATV instead of mounting a separate cooler.
I just got one of these styles from Kawartha Outdoor instead. It was cheap and I think it will work well. I wish there was an mount for roll cages though.

Kindness doesn't condemn or condone

Just Add Lightness

Last edited by Weasel; 09-20-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2017, 11:42 PM   #295 (permalink)

Member # 12780
Send a message via Yahoo to SCOTTS_4X
I bought one of the new pelican 70qt coolers about 2 months ago. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I put about 30-40 cans of soda/beer in it along with some random snacks in it for a road trip because I just got it and filled the rest with ice. This was on a Saturday afternoon and it was finally all ice cold water and no ice on friday. I was in it at least 3-4 times a day for the entire week as it rode around in the back of a hot (95-110 outside) enclosed vehicle. No coleman is going to do that! I love the latch system, no rubber to yank on or rott out in the sun. The body is rock solid, standing on it is like standing on a block of concrete. I can jump up and down (I weigh 250lbs) and it does not flex one bit. I really bought this cooler because I'm tired of breaking coolers, the long ice life is a bonus. I paid 278 dollars + tax with free shipping (msrp and normal price almost everywhere is 400). I made an aluminum divider for it and got a 1/2 size steam pan for use as dry basket. It's been on 2 trips in the 2 months I've had it and will be used for many years to come thanks to its sturdy construction. The new pelicans are a lot lighter than the older ones. My 70 weighs a 33.29lbs vs the older 65qt weight of 48lbs.
-scott

Last edited by SCOTTS_4X; 09-20-2017 at 11:50 PM.
SCOTTS_4X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #296 (permalink)

Member # 373905
I have a 30 and 50 quart pelican, they are bulky for the storage space you get but you're going to have that if you want it to keep cold. I doubt you'd find a better built cooler, no rope handles or rubber "latches"
nuljas23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #297 (permalink)

Member # 85140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTS_4X View Post
I bought one of the new pelican 70qt coolers about 2 months ago. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. I put about 30-40 cans of soda/beer in it along with some random snacks in it for a road trip because I just got it and filled the rest with ice. This was on a Saturday afternoon and it was finally all ice cold water and no ice on friday. I was in it at least 3-4 times a day for the entire week as it rode around in the back of a hot (95-110 outside) enclosed vehicle. No coleman is going to do that! I love the latch system, no rubber to yank on or rott out in the sun. The body is rock solid, standing on it is like standing on a block of concrete. I can jump up and down (I weigh 250lbs) and it does not flex one bit. I really bought this cooler because I'm tired of breaking coolers, the long ice life is a bonus. I paid 278 dollars + tax with free shipping (msrp and normal price almost everywhere is 400). I made an aluminum divider for it and got a 1/2 size steam pan for use as dry basket. It's been on 2 trips in the 2 months I've had it and will be used for many years to come thanks to its sturdy construction. The new pelicans are a lot lighter than the older ones. My 70 weighs a 33.29lbs vs the older 65qt weight of 48lbs.
-scott
where did you buy it from?
shaggy10000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #298 (permalink)

Member # 12780
Send a message via Yahoo to SCOTTS_4X
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy10000 View Post
where did you buy it from?
I got it from www.universalmania.com .

-scott
Old 09-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #299 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 36810
Send a message via AIM to RNUOVRCJ5
Just bought a Rtic 20 with the Thanks25 code from a couple posts back. $101 shipped. I'm eyeballing the 110 for my boat but the code doesn't seem to work on it. $320 shipped beats the crap out of yeti prices though. Ive had a Yeti 65 for 4-5 years now and love it. It wasn't cheap but it's gotten enough use that it was more than worth it.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #300 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
SHITI Coolers - Home

-
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in