The "Official" Air Rifle Thread - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Premium Memberships
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #226 (permalink)

Member # 48233
Quote:
Originally Posted by I HATE PONIES View Post

Should have a .25 Marauder with scope and sling here Wednesday.
The 25 cal Marauder will kill medium ungulates out to 50 yards with a shot to the head

[QUOTE=xyjbeaker;9759686]"mexican food reminds you of my face?"[/QUOTE]
Doc Holiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #227 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_81067 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
I have not seen those before. I think it is a new thing. I seem to recall pyramyd air coming out with a cheaper compressor recently, but I think it was around $1,000.
Yeah at the price point on this one I'm seriously thinking of grabbing one...

Quote:
Here is the compressor that I was thinking of, it is $1,300. Looks like it will be available in two weeks.

Air Venturi Air Compressor, Electric, 4500 PSI/310 Bar. PCP & CO2 accs..

Looks like the will have a shoebox style compressor as well.

Air Venturi Power Booster 4500 psi Unit. Compressors.
I also saw videos on the air venturi compressor. But at 2-3 times the cost that is a significant price difference.

Here's a pretty decent review on it.

Also you can get the 220V unit with a settable pressure cut-off switch so you can set it to fill 3k bottles and it will auto-shut-off.

But a lot of people claim if you open the bleed off valve and let the pressure off before shutting the compressor off it is a lot easier on the compressor head than shutting it off with a load, so I was wondering if a person could plumb in an adjustable pressure relief valve somehow instead.

Not trying to pimp this compressor, it just really has me intrigued and thinking about buying one...
Nice find. I may have to buy one of these and some PCP air guns.
thedonn007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #228 (permalink)

Member # 58857
comp

This guy is pretty reliable in the airgun world for tanks and compressors. I am not affiliated in any way. He is just an active guy on the forums that helps people. I do have one of his tanks and fill hose assy. and they are good stuff. I am also a shoebox owner.

Air Tanks For Sale Discounts for PCP (Pre-Compressed-Pneumatic) Air Gun by AirTanksForSale
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #229 (permalink)
Rednek

Member # 52387
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
Quote:
Nice find. I may have to buy one of these and some PCP air guns.
Well after mulling it around for a few days I decided to bite the bullet and order one of these HPA pumps. I went for the 220V "setting pressure version". The guy I ordered it from off of e-bay goes by the name of globeorder.

I wanted the pump, some extra filters, exrtra burst disks, and an extra high pressure whip hose and filter housing just to have as spares. It said right in the ad that if you are purchasing a pump you should message him and he'll give you a discount on any accessories. So I did. He got right back to me and told me that he would throw in the 50 piece set of extra filters and 50 piece set of burst disks for free with my pump purchase. So I threw the pump and the extra high pressure set in the cart and paid em.

Also ordered up some 62ci 3000 psi guerilla air tanks...
Old 09-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #230 (permalink)

Member # 110820
Took the Maurader out for a walk today. Squirrel was on the menu.

Stalked in on a hot Shagbark. Could hear them cutting but couldn't see any. Waited a while and then gave up my brace and cover elm tree. Got halfway there and a big Fox Squirrel came down another closer tree. Took an offhand shot and missed him clean.

Racked the bolt to reload and take another shot... and nothing happened. Racked it again and the bolt wouldn't close. FUCK! Mag won't come out and the bolt wouldn't close.

Walked out with nothing but a busted gun.
I HATE PONIES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 110820
Couple of hours and some net surfing calmed me down enough to try and fix it. Seemed like a double pellet jam.

Tried the cleaning rod first to push the second pellet back into the mag. Breach O-ring came out with the cleaning rod. DOUBLE FUCK!!

Net said to force the bolt closed as hard as possible. I figured it's already broke and it will have to get sent in so nothing to lose by trying. FORCED the bastard shut and got the mag out. After that a cleaning rod forced the two pellets out of the barrel.

Looks like the first pellet shoved the O-ring into the bore and wouldn't fully seat and as a result I double fed it. Every thing says to remove the barrel to replace the O-ring. I actually got it back in there with some patience and a bright light. Shooting fine now.

Tomorrow may be a rematch. When a squirrel sees a Shagbark that hot it will rarely stay away for long. In fact I bet he brings his friends.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #232 (permalink)

Member # 153567
jumping in this thread late in the game. My fathers neighbor asked me to recommend a pellet gun to take out squirrels. His house used to be in the country, but now its inside city limits, so he's relegated to an airgun. He's 85 years old so a break barrel gun is out of the question. Do they make CO2 guns worth a damn any more? He's not going to want to screw with scuba tanks or compressors. He's got some pretty decent pecan trees that the squirrels feast out of. I know he's not going to take them all out, but he used to be an avid hunter(one of the best wing shooters I've ever known), due to health issues, he doesn't get far from home any more. If popping squirrels off his back porch makes him happy, I'll do what I can to find him a pellet gun. Any suggestions?
sparepartsdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #233 (permalink)

Member # 110820
Benjamin Discovery can use co2.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:56 AM   #234 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Well, I finally purchased a Sig MPX ASP. Now I just need to wait for the 88 gram CO2 cartridges to show up. Also I bought an 88 gram to 12 gram CO2 adapter as I plan to mostly use the 12 gram CO2 cartridges with it. There is a HPA conversion for it as well, but I do not care for how that looks or functions as you replace the stock with a 13 cu in tank that increases the LOP. The LOP on the SIG MPX ASP is already a little longer than I like.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #235 (permalink)

Member # 166307
In case I did not post this yet...
For repair service...
Stay away from dgs air guns in sac. Ca.
Don is an airgun MORON!
He destroyed my Sheridan silver streak.
I sent it to Tim
Mac1 Ultimate Airgun Shopping
Old 03-24-2019, 09:08 AM   #236 (permalink)

Member # 166307
In case I did not post this yet...
For repair service...
Stay away from dgs air guns in sac. Ca.
Don is an airgun MORON!
He destroyed my Sheridan silver streak.
I sent it to Tim
Mac1 Ultimate Airgun Shopping
Dunno why the link goes to shopping, but this will get you to a home button...
Old 03-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #237 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Well, I was able to shoot the MPX ASP yesterday. It was a little finicky at first, but worked well over all. I did have one jam where I had to push a pellet back into the belt with a cleaning rod as I could not drop the magazine. This thing is almost as much fun as shooting a firearm. I got about 240 shots (8 magazines) from the 88 gram CO2 cartridge.

Another issue that I ran into is that I am going to need another spinning target, or maybe another shooting gallery with slightly larger targets. The two spinners that I have are not enough as I have to wait for it to stop spinning to shoot.

I got lucky with the sign in of the red dot, first 3 shots were high and left, I made an adjustment to the windage and elevation and the dot was right on.

My Basement range. I think I am going to build a wider shelf on wheels so I can turn it 90 when I want to shoot, and then turn it back flush against the wall to get it out of the way. This will allow for a wider shooting gallery, or for another spinning target trap.

The riser that I had for the red dot was too high, I think it is for 1/3 co-witness. I found the riser that I ended up using in my spare parts box, It looks a little funky, but it works. I am obviously not worried about the recoil.

Last edited by thedonn007; 03-27-2019 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:44 PM   #238 (permalink)

Member # 166307
Quite the backstop...
Old 03-27-2019, 03:45 AM   #239 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb 017 View Post
Quite the backstop...
Are you talking about the water heater, or the random sheet metal that I have behind the pellet traps? All of my air guns shoot the pellet below 600 fps, so even if I were to hit the water heater, it would not get damaged.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:14 AM   #240 (permalink)

Member # 166307
Yep
It looks like an hvac plenum...

Mine is at squirrel distance backed by a cinder block building, gotta be nice punching paper inside.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #241 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Well, the 12 gram CO2 adapter arrived today, and of course it does not fit the MPX air rifle. I will either have to modify the plastic around the 88gram CO2 threads, take a file to the wrench flat edges on the adapter. Since the adapter cost a lot less than the rifle, I am planning to modify the CO2 adapter. I will try to post some pics tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #242 (permalink)

Member # 212988
I just picked up a cheap ruger magnum .22 Springer. For squirrel. Right now it has a fixed scope any suggestions for a more reliable adjustable one? I really like shooting this gun now considering a nitro piston gun as well.

Last edited by HankScorpi0; 04-04-2019 at 06:31 PM.
HankScorpi0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 03:37 AM   #243 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankScorpi0 View Post
I just picked up a cheap ruger magnum .22 Springer. For squirrel. Right now it has a fixed scope any suggestions for a more reliable adjustable one? I really like shooting this gun now considering a nitro piston gun as well.
You have to be careful with scopes on springers. They need to be rated for a springer. You cannot use a standard rifle scope on them.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:40 AM   #244 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 9835
I grew up with a daisy 880 then a camo big cat, now a Benjamin Maurader. I hated the noise of the spring action and it killed a Vortex scope. Id never go back to another springer
ChiScouter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #245 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter View Post
I grew up with a daisy 880 then a camo big cat, now a Benjamin Maurader. I hated the noise of the spring action and it killed a Vortex scope. Id never go back to another springer
I had a Gamo big cat as well. Springers are very inaccurate for me. I will eventually get a PCP, but I am fine with my Daisy 853 SSP for now.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:40 PM   #246 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Well, the accuracy on my SIG MPX ASP has gone to shit. So, I ordered a Crosman 1077, to see if it is me or the air rifle that is acting up.

I am not sure what is going on with the MPX ASP, but I figured it would be fun to play around with another "semi-auto" pellet rifle. the 1077 is supposed to be quite accurate for the money. I paid $65 shipped for it.

https://www.amazon.com/Crosman-1077-...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited by thedonn007; 09-09-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #247 (permalink)

Member # 121794
The Crosman 1077 that I just bought does not work. Co2 will come out when I pull the trigger, but the pellet will not leave the pellet "clip" about 90% of the time, and when it does it mostly stays in the barrel. I have an email off to Crosman now to see how to fix this issue. I tried to get a replacement through Amazon, but they want me to talk to Crosman first.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:59 PM   #248 (permalink)

Member # 101209
Quote:
Well, the accuracy on my SIG MPX ASP has gone to shit. So, I ordered a Crosman 1077, to see if it is me or the air rifle that is acting up.

I am not sure what is going on with the MPX ASP, but I figured it would be fun to play around with another "semi-auto" pellet rifle. the 1077 is supposed to be quite accurate for the money. I paid $65 shipped for it.

have you tried running a .177 bore snake through it ?

A Nation of sheep will beget a Government of wolves.[/COLOR]
Edward Murrow
DT75FLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 04:38 AM   #249 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT75FLH View Post
Quote:
Well, the accuracy on my SIG MPX ASP has gone to shit. So, I ordered a Crosman 1077, to see if it is me or the air rifle that is acting up.<a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0" alt="" title="flipoff2" >:-)</a>

have you tried running a .177 bore snake through it ?
Well, kind of. That is what I used to get the "stuck" pellets out of the barrel.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:27 AM   #250 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Crosman is going to send me a replacement 1077 and asked me to discard the defective one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in