Sig P320 - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 05:59 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 225905
The Army just signed a contract with Sig for the P320. I'm excited to get my hand on one of these

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Mihlfeldl2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 06:36 AM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 201272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Giant View Post
Crossbreed, Galco, DeSantis. I had a bad experience in dealing with Alien Gear, and won't use them anymore.
I have several Alien Gear holsters and really like them. On one, I had to email after a delay to get it shipped, but have had good experiences other than that. I'd like to hear about your bad experience.

Steve
SARR001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 63318
Just picked up a P320C. So far, I really like it. It fits my hand much better than my G23 did. The trigger feels a lot better as well. I also like the fact that the magazines seat much easier.
75PPE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 110135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARR001 View Post
I have several Alien Gear holsters and really like them. On one, I had to email after a delay to get it shipped, but have had good experiences other than that. I'd like to hear about your bad experience.

Steve
I ordered a holster from Alien Gear for a Ruger LC9 Lasermax. Five weeks later, I received a holster for an LCP. I called them and told them what happened. Next, I recieved a holster for a standard LC9. I called them about it. The third time, they got it right. Upon using their holster I found that the screws constantly loosen, even when using blue loctite. I actually had one clip fall off during EDC. The piece constantly shifts from 3 o'clock to 4, or 4:30. Also, it's alot harder to reholster than my Crossbreed, etc. Is it comfy? Yes, but the bad points outweigh the good points IMHO.
Power Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 21240
I recently picked up a Sig P2022 and got an Alien gear holster for it. Both are great. I had a Sig P250 that was my carry gun for years. I thought about the P320, but opted for the P2022 instead. I like gun with a hammer and double/single controls.
Hoss50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 87089
Here's the holster I picked up from Hybrid Holsters - Designed For Minimalist Every Day Carry - Raw Dog Tactical I like it fine.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 9545
Anybody using one for IDPA/IPSC?
Old 05-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 5776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue&Goldie View Post
A Glock firing pin actually has to travel backwards before it releases from the sear. This is what they call their "Drop Safety".

I don't know how the Sig's mechanism works, but their trigger is probably the nicest striker fired trigger on the market.
To the first part, that's incorrect. The drop safety on a Glock is a ledge in the housing which prevents the trigger bar from dropping downward to release the striker until it has traveled to the rear sufficiently. In other words, until the trigger is actually pulled.

To the second part, yes and no. The P320 has a pretty decent trigger from the factory, but it's 6-7 pounds just like Glock and Smith, and aftermarket support is currently lacking. GrayGuns is your only option for a DIY trigger and only GG and one other shop currently do actual trigger jobs on them. Bodkin, I think, is the other one.

High quality drop-in kits for Glock or M&up which are a full pound lighter than the GrayGuns P320 are all over the Internet.

Last edited by TNToy; 05-13-2017 at 01:53 PM.
TNToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 5776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnboy View Post
Anybody using one for IDPA/IPSC?
Brianenos.com
Forums
Factory Firearms
SIG

Prepare to be drowned in information on P320s in USPSA and IDPA.

That said, your location leads me to beleive you're Canadian. If so you're under IPSC rules rather than the US ones, which means your initial trigger pull must be over 5 pounds. There is a reason most of Production guys shoot a Tanfoglio or CZ outside the USA.

You almost never see a striker-fired gun, because you have a five pound trigger for every shot.

In contrast, my Tanfo has a 5.75lb pull coming out of the holster as good as any world-class revolver's trigger... and it then turns into a 1911 for the remainder of the stage. A crisp 2.2lbs with less than 1/4" of travel from break to reset.

Last edited by TNToy; 05-13-2017 at 02:00 PM.
TNToy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 9545
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNToy View Post
Brianenos.com
Forums
Factory Firearms
SIG

Prepare to be drowned in information on P320s in USPSA and IDPA.

That said, your location leads me to beleive you're Canadian. If so you're under IPSC rules rather than the US ones, which means your initial trigger pull must be over 5 pounds. There is a reason most of Production guys shoot a Tanfoglio or CZ outside the USA.

You almost never see a striker-fired gun, because you have a five pound trigger for every shot.

In contrast, my Tanfo has a 5.75lb pull coming out of the holster as good as any world-class revolver's trigger... and it then turns into a 1911 for the remainder of the stage. A crisp 2.2lbs with less than 1/4" of travel from break to reset.

Thanks for the link.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 684874
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNToy View Post
To the first part, that's incorrect. The drop safety on a Glock is a ledge in the housing which prevents the trigger bar from dropping downward to release the striker until it has traveled to the rear sufficiently. In other words, until the trigger is actually pulled.
Hence, the firing pin has to travel back before the sear can drop off the shelf, thus allowing it to release. A Glock with the safeties functioning cannot fire without the firing pin coming back first. The point I was making is the part that you can't overcome in a Glock trigger is the weight of the striker spring. Sure, you can use a lighter spring, but you sacrafice reliability.

FWIW, I now think the CZ P10c is the nicest striker fired trigger on the market.....assuming the production trigger is as good as the pre-production unit I handled.

Last edited by BigBlue&Goldie2; 05-14-2017 at 09:11 PM.
BigBlue&Goldie2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 9545
Any one of you guys do the "Voluntary Upgrade"?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 121794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnboy View Post
Any one of you guys do the "Voluntary Upgrade"?
No, not yet. I kind of forgot about it.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:50 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 184924
Nope. Don't plan to drop it Do love this gun though bought brand new for 400 unfired on armslist from a guy who bought it to carry while his was being upgraded and got his gun back the day after he bought it.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:33 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 121794
The trigger upgrade / recall is supposed to slightly improve the trigger. Quoted below is from ARFCOM. There are some good pictures in the thread linked below as well.

"The trigger is in fact smoother than before. As advertised, this upgrade removes that double hitch. It's a mild improvement over what was already an excellent trigger pull for a striker fired gun. Now it is extremely smooth, with a nice clean break. It feels a bit lighter than before, but I did not measure it before and after, so it's just my impression of it going purely on 'feel'.

The reset feels a little different, but just a little. Initial trigger pulls felt like their was a little 'lag' in the reset, and the lightness of the trigger shoe was most felt here. But, the more I pull it, the more the reset seems to be smoothing itself out. It does seem a tad bit longer, but this also might be the design of the shoe...I had been using the flat apex trigger shoe before. The more I pull it and reset it, the easier it is to 'find' the reset faster and more instinctively. Overall I liked the reset a little more before, but perhaps it will smooth out enough over time.

Entirely gone is the "feature" where you could dry fire, release, and then pull again and get a free break on the subsequent pulls without resetting the striker. When I bought the gun, the adventuring gun store clerk pitched it as a nice feature for dry fire, never having to charge the gun after every pull. However, I never used it as such, because the pull weight was not the same nor the exact feel of the break. I charged it after every pull anyways. If this is a big deal for you though, know that the new trigger upgrade gets rid of that entirely.

Overall, I think the upgrade is a net positive. I'll get used to the slightly different reset (and it really is minor), and the trigger being smoothed out is a definite plus.

It isn't the sort of upgrade that is going to knock your socks off but if it fixes the safety issue as advertised, the point is that it doesn't make the trigger pull WORSE. At all. If anyone was waiting to see the results before sending theirs in, I would say upgrade with total confidence."

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...it-/5-2045020/

Last edited by thedonn007; 02-09-2018 at 04:33 AM.
thedonn007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 04:44 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 9545
Not planning on dropping mine either.

Thanks for the link on the in depth report.

We are still waiting up here for MD Charlton to get things in order to start our upgrades. I was really hoping that they would have got it done before the start of the season but it is what it is. I do have a spare so I am okay there. Worst case is that I go back to running a P226.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 6764
Just picked up a full-size X5 and plan to shoot some carry optic with it. Also will probably hit some IDPA in ESP Div.
mjs408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 9545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs408 View Post
Just picked up a full-size X5 and plan to shoot some carry optic with it. Also will probably hit some IDPA in ESP Div.

Very nice!!!

If they ever become readily available up here, I will definitely take one.

I have pretty much given up on IDPA. So few match opportunities. I can do 2 or 3 IPSC matches a week all within an hour of my home and only a match or 2 every other month for IDPA, if I am lucky .

This really sucks. I won ESP Novice SSP at the Algonquin Cup last year and was really looking forward to competing as MM this year...I got a match bump.

Last edited by Shawnboy; 02-09-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Shawnboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 104517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs408 View Post
I will be getting one of these. Lgs just got one in they ordered back in March.... I'll wait till they get caught up.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 87089
Yes, sent it off and got it back in 8 days. That was very early in October if I remember correctly. No complaints. Works fine and you get a 25% off coupon.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 9545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmen77 View Post
Yes, sent it off and got it back in 8 days. That was very early in October if I remember correctly. No complaints. Works fine and you get a 25% off coupon.

I don't think that we are getting that 25% off deal up here. Seen on the forum something about it shouldn't be a problem getting a sticker and a t-shirt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in