Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (/forum/)
-   Outdoor Sports and Recreation (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/75-outdoor-sports-recreation/)
-   -   Big brother is pretty real. well, kinda (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/outdoor-sports-recreation/2671426-big-brother-pretty-real-well-kinda.html)

Halogrinder 11-15-2018 01:38 PM

Big brother is pretty real. well, kinda

1 Attachment(s)
So.... Last week a friend of ours who lives in NY, posted a picture of our 100% legal party accessories on Facebook. (I have a 10, 08, 20 and 23 FFL/FEL/SOT/LMNOP)..... He came down, we blew up a ton of shit, and had a generally good time. When he got back to his place in NY (mind you, he's got a gun business and is an FFL in NY) he literally had his house raided by the ATF and the local bomb squad. Like they literally went through his whole house, even his underwear drawer. All based on a Facebook post made in Texas.
They took some NFA items to "see if they were legal in NY".... so he's gonna have a hell of a time getting them back.

The ATF agents and local officers where totally professional about it, so thereís no ire directed at them, as theyíre doing their job without being assholes about it.

Yet the idea that someone posting a picture on Facebook without any associated rambling about overthrowing the government, or sending bombs to former NSYNC members because youíre still mad that they broke up; would get your house searched, should be extremely troubling to anyone.

Pretty fucked up, if you ask me.
Not sure if this was someone who hates TXMGO, My buddy Danny, or the ATF has taken note we've tagged them multiple times in FB posts and other tomfoolery they wanted to say hi, but regardless it's pretty fucked up.

We're also not sure if this is retaliation because we sent in an IG complaint over them not transferring a grenade that we manufactured, and now want to posses personally (with a personal FEL as well, mind you)......

picture in question, taken in Texas, Geo-tagged in Texas. Blown up/disposed and destroyed in Texas.

Weasel 11-15-2018 03:15 PM

That's a badass picture, but not sure I would post it on FB for any reason.

Provience 11-15-2018 07:30 PM

wow.

That is insane! I hope he gets his stuff back and a substantial settlement from suing the government for that BS!

Citzen_Hawk 11-15-2018 07:57 PM

FB's "AI" probably alerted a mod based on the travel activity and key words. So of course the liberal mod turned it over to the gov who has nothing better to than hunt down home grown terrorists

animator 11-15-2018 08:19 PM

Hope heís got a good lawyer and a solid plan to get the hell out of that state.

When FB loads pics, sometimes itís slow, and before it loads, there will be text saying itís a picture that may contain________. Pretty creepy that it can detect things like that. Probably hit on it since grenades are super scary and illegal and can kill bus loads of nuns in a single instant.

Iíd love to see what the warrant said...

Texas97 11-16-2018 05:00 AM

In the words of Bob Marley, " No Facebook, no cry"

Situation completely messed up, BUT, if social media wasn't involved would he be in this situation?

Action Fab 11-16-2018 06:12 AM

Out of curiosity, has your friend ever made any posts that were of a political nature or spoke out against any officials?

IEATRKS84 11-16-2018 06:14 AM

#1 Your friend needs a lawyer

#2 stop posting stuff on FB

drewp 11-16-2018 07:32 AM

#3 everyone cancel your Facebook accounts. stop supporting those liberal jerks offs

ive never had Facebook and never felt i needed it.

posford 11-16-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATRKS84 (Post 44175402)
#2 stop posting stuff on FB

DING DING DING!!!!!!!

Halogrinder 11-16-2018 08:02 AM

well, when you have 2 gun businesses, you use FB to advertise and post to fans.... so its not going away

IEATRKS84 11-16-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halogrinder (Post 44175600)
well, when you have 2 gun businesses, you use FB to advertise and post to fans.... so its not going away

Do they allow FB in prison?

Black Sheep 11-16-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

How did anyone run a business before facebook?!

Action Fab 11-16-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Sheep (Post 44175648)

Oh come on. :rolleyes: Times change, dude. Nobody searches the Phone Book for businesses anymore. There certainly aren't a bunch of people listening to Radio ads or people going to local fairs. Social media presence is hugely valuable for businesses these days.

Provience 11-16-2018 08:51 AM

I griped about a post of mine being reported/deleted on facebook. apparently most things are reported to facebook by folks either you or him know and then are either automatically removed or manually reviewed.

I elected for a review of my post and it re-appeared a couple days later.

curious thing would be, who do you or he know that would feel the need to report these images?

one of the big reasons why privacy settings are important, that way you can limit who can at least casually browse what you post.

1tonhammer 11-16-2018 09:49 AM

I don't know if yall know the dudes at TXMGO but Sean gives zero Fu*ks about posting shit on FB and definitely flaunts having an SOT/FEL/Ect. Its quite entertaining, but not surprising an acquaintance of his got raided, he's a habitual shit-stirer with BATFE

Shadow man 11-16-2018 11:25 AM

Stupid to post up much on the internet about anything controversial, especially weapons or arms. You have to think years ahead as to what you posted 8 years ago will get you a midnight visit and shot. Look at the poor souls in Cali that were not criminals 10 years ago. :mad3:

drewp 11-16-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

I know several gun business that dont use facebook....
I'm a business owner and have never used any media platform to advertise.
although my work is easily referral based...
[QUOTE=Black Sheep;44175648]
Quote:

haha awesome

rocket flier 11-16-2018 12:54 PM

Sounds like people need to start overflowing facebook with pictures of fake/inert/model devices.

Shadow man 11-16-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocket flier (Post 44176130)
Sounds like people need to start overflowing facebook with pictures of fake/inert/model devices.

That will still get people a visit and hurt. There was a guy recently that is an EOD/UXO instructor that had work done at his house. The person doing work seen some "items" in his closet and reported him. The "items were ALL training aids and inert. The fascists Government did come to his house and it wasn't comfortable for him and his family. The fascists still took some of his items even though it was plainly obviously they were not energetic capable.
I know what you think, what was a contracting doing in his closet? Never found out that answer.

rocket flier 11-16-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow man (Post 44176228)
That will still get people a visit and hurt.

Exactly.

billybob_81067 11-16-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocket flier (Post 44176318)
Exactly.

I like the way you think... :smokin:

rocket flier 11-16-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_81067 (Post 44176390)
I like the way you think... :smokin:

"I don't give a damn if it is. I'll tell you something Bedell, up until now, we've been fighting the wrong people. Look, you and Ike don't have to get involved, you're so damn soft about it. You leave it to me. In 10 days, I'll have us a war with those sons of bitches and I'll make it look like their fault!" - Patton

78bronco460 11-16-2018 04:51 PM

My surprise level = 0

[486] 11-17-2018 07:56 AM

Quote:

as they’re doing their job without being assholes about it.

"hey yeah we're taking a few thousand dollar's worth of your guns in order to figure out how we can make them illegal in NY, nothing personal"