Calif Ammo Ban? - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #126 (permalink)
Wut?

Member # 20114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboyboone View Post
Big 5 is a California based company so even if you go to an out of state big five they still follow California’s stupid ass laws.
No, no they do not, you are a idiot, quit spreading FUD.

Quote:
When I'm the voice of reason, it's a pretty good indication that someone's doing it wrong.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #127 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 78700
Send a message via Yahoo to sickboyboone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
No, no they do not, you are a idiot, quit spreading FUD.

It happened to a friend of and and f you for calling me an idiot that’s just what the damn salesman told my buddy. If it’s wrong then cool but I’m an idiot cuz some jackass told my friend some bullshit story?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2019, 09:38 PM   #128 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
FUD

Last edited by Gozuki; 07-29-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Gozuki is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #129 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Came through the CA checkpoint at the Nevada state line referred to above. This PM at about 5 pm. I made a point to go into the Verdi Route 80 Mogul OR Cabelas and purchase a shirt, which was put in a Green Cabelas bag. I had this on the front passenger seat in plain view when I drove through the Caltrans checkpoint. Nobody was pulled over.

I don't see how this "ammo check" could logically play out. No one in Cabelas gives a shit about CA ammo. They dont snitch. No CA LEO would operate in Nevada to pursue an infraction. How could they ? What do they do, sit in the lot at Cabelas and watch hundreds of people pour out on a Friday evening ? Follow them all the way up the canyon, 21 miles and 2,000 feet elevation to the checkpoint ? really ? For a $12 ammo buy ??

I believe you may have been pulled over after re-entering CA from Nevada, but....... Never happened to me, and I haven't seen anyone pulled over. I do not believe they, the "LEO" can or would spy and track ammo purchases by a consumer at a retailer for routine purchases. I don't think you were pulled over because you went into Cabelas. Does that seem realistic ?

Last edited by Lil Uzi; 07-26-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Lil Uzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2019, 01:05 AM   #130 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Uzi View Post
I believe you may have been pulled over after re-entering CA from Nevada, but....... Never happened to me, and I haven't seen anyone pulled over. I do not believe they, the "LEO" can or would spy and track ammo purchases by a consumer at a retailer for routine purchases. I don't think you were pulled over because you went into Cabelas. Does that seem realistic ?
Could totally be a coincidence but it happens to myself and 2 other people I know.
2big bronco is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2019, 08:02 AM   #131 (permalink)

Member # 6359
How far did you get from the west bound Route 80 Caltrans DOT entry station ? ( actually it's Ag and others, etc) Usually they just wave people in sedans and coupes through without even speaking. Do you think you were profiled by a watching LEO there or further down the road ?
Old 07-27-2019, 11:46 AM   #132 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuki View Post
Doesn't work
Old 07-29-2019, 07:43 AM   #133 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslimfu View Post
Doesn't work
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_...nty,_and_doubt
Old 07-29-2019, 07:42 PM   #134 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
How far did you get from the west bound Route 80 Caltrans DOT entry station ? ( actually it's Ag and others, etc) Usually they just wave people in sedans and coupes through without even speaking. Do you think you were profiled by a watching LEO there or further down the road ?
I've never been stopped at the checkpoint. I got to the part where you actually start climbing the grade. Cop came from behind and I never noticed passing him.

Does anyone know how purchasing amo at a range, or more specifically where I shoot sporting Clay's will go?
Old 07-31-2019, 10:33 AM   #135 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Our local range which hosts the State benchrest championships has cancelled ammo sales. Sacramento Valley Shooting Center - https://www.sacvalley.org/
Old 07-31-2019, 12:54 PM   #136 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 101927
our local range sells ammo without a background check if you sign an agreement stating you will keep it on premises. No sale of ammo that will be taken off premises.
samy crawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #137 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy crawler View Post
our local range sells ammo without a background check if you sign an agreement stating you will keep it on premises. No sale of ammo that will be taken off premises.
What local range?
Old 08-13-2019, 10:59 PM   #138 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 101927
los altos
samy crawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #139 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Fuck Me BANG for a Box of 380 auto

Was finally able to purchase ammo this AM. Long story short I never moved a notice or some bullshit into a cart then submitted it in the online system. There are no instructions on the CFARS site on the steps and procedures. All I had to do was create an account, and then wait 10 days to find out my submission was denied. No reason given. So .. . . . I entered one of my firearms that I knew the EXACT CORRECT address at the time of purchase for, with serial number and DOING it populated. And I was able to change, update the address for that particular weapon. But I stalled out after that as nothing happened. 3 weeks. After talking to the LGS guy 4 times, meeting his dogs etc and bleeding out on Calguns Forum I was advised to move shit to a cart. I had already paid a fee so WTF ? Anyways after I filled the cart and submitted it I received an e-mail stamped 1:01AM this AM saying my info was updated. And then I was able to purchase this AM. The odyssey started July 19, 2019. Hay Suse Fucking Christo

Edit: Forgot to mention that I secured the REAL drivers license with current address, vetted with embossed official Certificate of Live birth, Clark County Nevada, a passport, and SSI card as well as bills at current address. More Hay Suse Fawking big time joy Manila Phillipines pier sailor party sucky yo dick licky yo ass big time GI sailor boy

Last edited by Lil Uzi; 08-16-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #140 (permalink)

Member # 23744
Location: White Mtns., Arizona... it's on the map, just not on any map!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
For me the cop walked up and never introduced himself. First question was

Cop. "Do you have any firearms in the truck"

Me. "Yes, My shotgun is under the rear seat"

Cop. "Please step out of the vehichle"

Me, "sure" I get out

Cop " I stopped you for weaving in your lane"

Me "I dont know, I thought I was driving fine"

Cop. Walks around my truck looking at everything he can see in plain view and then says "alright, drive safe" and leaves

Dam, you guys make me love Arizona all the more.

In 2001 I moved to the town I still live in... of course during the move I still had Ca. plates. I got pulled over about 20 miles from town by a County Sherriff. I was going the limit, but had the sun in my eyes and couldn't see well... tapped the braille markers. Of course whilst moving, I had just under 30 firearms at the time in the extra cab of the truck

That guy literally wanted to just sit on the side of the road, talk guns and see a few of them he was interested in. After about 45 minutes we shook hands and went our ways... I STILL see that Sherriff here and there and we wave.

Last edited by flecker; 08-16-2019 at 02:25 PM.
flecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2019, 09:33 AM   #141 (permalink)

Member # 36733
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big bronco View Post
What local range?
Quote:
los altos
Thats no real surprise...

The range owners were an interesting group when I went there regularly in the 90s. 20 yrs later it seems things haven't changed all that much except maybe the pres and crew of the club possibly.

Perchance did the local and county constabularies stop showing up and go to a different range? Met almost as many LEO types there as I did at the Livermore range.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #142 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 26382
So without going back and reading this whole thread, will my wife be allowed to purchase ammo if she’s never bought a gun?
Old 09-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #143 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300sniper View Post
So without going back and reading this whole thread, will my wife be allowed to purchase ammo if she’s never bought a gun?
No

She has no record of transaction nor any "account" with the California DOJ. When the counter or register goes to look up her name, it will come back REJECT.

As far as I know and am able to determine, She has to purchase and receive, AKA own a firearm to get in the system for all practical purposes. - I have been wrong before, but . .. The physical address at the time of weapon purchase on/of record MUST match the current address on a Driver's License. Again, I have been wrong before but . . .. . .

https://cfars.doj.ca.gov/login.do

Right column, bottom right of text box - link - create an account.

Start here, talk to the LGS, good luck. One little typo or error and POOF ! - Good Luck !!

Maybe time to get a $149 Hi Point for the house.

Edit: DING !! Ideeer. You could go down to a FFL and TRANSFER one of yours to her, thereby creating a transaction, weapon ownership, correct current address etc all at the same time. 10-Day wait and FRIES ARE DONE ! Maybe ??

Last edited by Lil Uzi; 09-14-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #144 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300sniper View Post
wouldn't she just need to pay the $20 fine, then wait and then be good

hell, it sounds easier to go to the store, get denied, then sue the state for federal rights violation

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 03:49 PM   #145 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post

hell, it sounds easier to go to the store, get denied, then sue the state for federal rights violation
I was going to gizim pound this post for typical PBB retarded useless post but the original post is pretty ambiguous. Doesn't really seek wisdom or assistance. Has another single motherfucker in this thread tried to buy ammo since July 1 I havent read the entire 6 pages either. Just want to see if anyone is not just joy pounding with their gun oil and a poster of California on the ceiling.

Provience, how do I contact you and remit payment to litigate against the State of California for me ??
Old 09-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #146 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Quote:
I was going to gizim pound this post for typical PBB retarded useless post but the original post is pretty ambiguous. Doesn't really seek wisdom or assistance. Has another single motherfucker in this thread tried to buy ammo since July 1 I havent read the entire 6 pages either. Just want to see if anyone is not just joy pounding with their gun oil and a poster of California on the ceiling.

Provience, how do I contact you and remit payment to litigate against the State of California for me ??
i was going to, but had surgery that kept me from visiting. won't make it until spring, maybe

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...701-story.html

contact firearms policy coalition for your litigation needs

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #147 (permalink)

Member # 6359
Quote:
i was going to, but had surgery that kept me from visiting. won't make it until spring, maybe

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...701-story.html

contact firearms policy coalition for your litigation needs
Already member and contributor to Calguns and contributor to Second Amendment Foundation, and member of NRA. Not buying another gun but throwing that money at the solution, not more toys. I wish I cold convince about 10,000 other gun owners in the state to do the same. To Quit fag posting about their little Black junk brass spitter and put the money wasted on that shit into litigation.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #148 (permalink)
Green bastard

Member # 123458
Quote:
$20 fine for buying ammo..... Holy hell, sounds like someone should start shipping stuff to cali.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in