Autoloader shotgun reccomendation - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 774777
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmangq View Post
Stoeger or Franchi are both very reliable guns. Basically a Benelli in street clothes, not quite as polished on the outside but nearly identical internally. Very easy to maintain as well, takes a whole 5-10 minutes to strip, clean, reassemble and with just a tiny bit of oil on the moving parts they will run in any weather condition. Not always the happiest with light trap loads but a $15 recoil spring will get them shooting reliably.
I dont think I would lump Franchi and Stoeger in the same quality catagory. Franchi is much more polished. Also with the Franchi at least on my AL48 all you need to do for lighter loads is flip the friction ring around. One side is flat for light loads the other is beveled for heavy loads. On the beveled side the springs compresses the ring slightly creating more friction down the tube. I havent found alight load yet that wont cycle with the flat side.
Stuckntx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2019, 01:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 98578
Beretta a300 outlander +patternmaster choke will be right in your $800 budget. Can't recommend both highly enough. The a300 uses many of the same components of the higher end berettas (a400 etc) as well. IMO, can't be beat for the price tag.

Probably have 2-3 thousand rounds through mine (low mileage by most standards I know) however it's been flawless.

Last edited by TJGreg5; 09-07-2019 at 01:23 PM.
TJGreg5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 181882
I have a Beretta AL390 Silver Mallard and have been super happy with it.
oldcars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 136471
Mossberg 935 is another option. Got mine NIB off gun broker for less than $650 delivered.

Nice thing about the 935 is the safety is on top, so a little easier for a lefty.

I agree with checking out as many different models as you can though. I went with the 935 because I have a 10,000+ rounds through a Mossberg 500 and it handles very similarly.
boardbysled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in