Pirate 4x4 banner

Trading guns

2K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Ebs 
#1 ·
I have a glock 27. (Small frame .40) I was thinking of trading for a glock 26. (Small frame 9mm) I have other 9mms, so I could have less differnt kinds of ammo. I have never traded a gun before. I have two gun shops that will trade close to me. What should I expect to pay for this trade?

Side question, am I correct that you can't trade/return ammo? (New in box)

Before anyone asks, yes, I know I can get a conversion barrel for the G27 to 9mm. (They are nearly the same gun) I would like to have the actual G26.

#2 ·
I would expect a shop to give you $200 in trade value for that gun. You could get more like $375 on the market for it to sell locally.

Yes, you cant return ammo for liability reasons. Better sell it locally. Or PM me and maybe we can work something out.

#3 ·
Thankyou.

I also have a number of extra full size mags. (Maybe 5-6) Do you think they will give me anything for those? The last thing is a Lazormax "in the slide" lazor. I'm not sure if it even still works. (I switched to grip lazor that I intend to keep) If I get that working, do you think they do anything extra on that?

#4 ·
A drop in conversion barrel from Lone Wolf, Spinta or a few other manufacturers will turn a 27 into a 26. They will work with your extractor and everything. Your mags will work too, although many people don’t trust them for defensive carry or want mags that say 9mm.

#9 ·
I was thinking of buying a second G-26 and have two identical guns. Buying a barrel does not make it identical. I guess I could buy another 27 and convert both to 9mm. Don't like that idea to much. I also don't like running .40 mags with 9mm. Some say there's no problem, some say there is.

#15 ·
I've traded sealed ammunition a few times with a fire arm. It's up to the shop.

#21 ·
I wouldn’t recommend the 9mm barrel on the 27, I did it with a lone wolf barrel (pos, I know) and couldn’t empty a magazine without fucking up to save it’s life. That fiasco got me hooked on building p80’s a few years ago also, fun but expensive little hobby.

#24 ·
What horrible luck. You are literally the second person I have heard of that didn’t have great success with a conversion barrel. The other person had reassembled the pistol wrong after installing the barrel and once they figured that out, it was GtG.

You did use a conversion barrel, not just a 9 mm barrel?

#22 ·
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference between the 26 and 27 is that caliber. I would buy a complete slide in 9mm and have the parts to switch back to 40 or at least be able to sell without a ffl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.