RockAuto Introduction & Discount Code! - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > RockAuto
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 90864
My lift pump and camber sleeves just arrived from 2 warehouses 6 days ahead of schedule, thanks guys!
68K20 x Drill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #77 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
I've updated the thread with the current discount code.

Thank you,

RockAuto Parts Catalog
RockAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 224438
So I saw a mention of RockAuto on another website for astrovans... came here to see if they were of any reputation - what do I find but a sponsor page with DISCOUNT!

O'Reily priced the Moog parts I wanted at $504. I ordered the same parts at Rock auto, added on a whole wheel hub and brake pads for an additional $180 and still came out $100 less than the retailer - even with expedited shipping - WIN!!!
wasilvers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 210341
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasilvers View Post
So I saw a mention of RockAuto on another website for astrovans... came here to see if they were of any reputation - what do I find but a sponsor page with DISCOUNT!

O'Reily priced the Moog parts I wanted at $504. I ordered the same parts at Rock auto, added on a whole wheel hub and brake pads for an additional $180 and still came out $100 less than the retailer - even with expedited shipping - WIN!!!
I freaking hate O'riley, Rock auto for everything, even with shipping its pretty much always cheaper, and all my goods seem to show up in 2 to 3 days. Love Rock auto
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 20099
Shipping is pretty $$$. I use them if I have no choice, so maybe once or twice a year. Usually is the case of nothing available in state for the part or no part listed and Rock Auto has it. Takes around a week or so to arrive.

I'm on master cylinder #3 for my truck from Rock Auto. Hopefully this one works right. The first one kept sticking in the bore, second one leaked.

Both showed up in a postal box with no packaging. Litterally a 15lb cast iron block tossed in a thin cardboard box. Not sure how they made it but there was not much left of the box by the time I got it. First master cylinder had a bunch of rust and dirt in it.

Last edited by nate379; 10-19-2014 at 01:21 PM.
nate379 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2015, 05:29 AM   #81 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 82497
Just placed an order! thanks for the coupon code!!! lets get a new one after the 25th!
petzl21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 94664
About to order a whole bunch of parts for a rebuild, can we get an updated discount code ? thanks!
suzukii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #83 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
I've used you guys a lot over the years. I first discovered you back in Sacramento about 15? years ago, you had a warehouse there and I needed a flywheel? for a boat. You guys had it and way cheaper than other places. Then I tried you for CV half shafts, same thing again.

My only complaint, is you never know when the part is going to arrive, since you use so many different ship from locations. So when I need a part ASAP, it would be really helpful knowing if it's coming from Seattle (next day by ground), before paying for next day service.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, DynoMAX Exhaust, AllTech Motorsports, Radflo Shocks, PAC Racing Springs, JM Rigging Supply, Reid Racing, Rugged Radios, Trail-Gear, Life-Time LED Lights, RuffStuff Specialties, Randy's Racing Transmissions, A1 Performance Converters, Maxxis Tires, Jesse Haines Fab, CBR Performance, PRP Seats, Exhaust Solutions, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #84 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukii View Post
About to order a whole bunch of parts for a rebuild, can we get an updated discount code ? thanks!
An updated discount code has been posted!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 AM   #85 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
My only complaint, is you never know when the part is going to arrive, since you use so many different ship from locations. So when I need a part ASAP, it would be really helpful knowing if it's coming from Seattle (next day by ground), before paying for next day service.
We appreciated the orders you've made with us! We do our best to update the expected ship times in the shopping cart. We can't guarantee where a part is shipping from as we occasionally do have to route an order to a location other than where originally expected. We do our best to pick the shipping location closest to you to help save time and money on shipping!

Thank you,

RockAuto Parts Catalog
Old 04-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 46942
just placed my order thanks for the discount!!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 79732
Send a message via Yahoo to butwhat
Is there a new discount code thread?

Or a current discount code or free shipping coupon?
Old 08-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #88 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Quote:
Originally Posted by butwhat View Post
Is there a new discount code thread?

Or a current discount code or free shipping coupon?
I've updated the thread with the current discount code. Sorry about the delay!

-RockAuto
Old 08-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #89 (permalink)

Member # 56737
code

Just an FYI, the code doesn't seem to calculation correctly. I placed an order of $167 and discount was $5.36, my math sucks but that's not 5% off. Not like it stopped me from ordering but thought you should be aware.

Good prices but shipping is steep.

Thanks
Mickey*B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 05:35 AM   #90 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey*B View Post
Just an FYI, the code doesn't seem to calculation correctly. I placed an order of $167 and discount was $5.36, my math sucks but that's not 5% off. Not like it stopped me from ordering but thought you should be aware.

Good prices but shipping is steep.

Thanks
Hello,

Discount codes are valid on the part cost only. Discounts are not applied to core or shipping charges.

Thank you,

RockAuto
Old 12-31-2015, 08:53 AM   #91 (permalink)

Member # 18551
I just put a $22 lower air dam valence/deflector (p/n 10386198) for my Silverado in my cart and when I got to the shipping portion I was appalled by the prices. This part probably weighs 1 lb and is 3" wide x approx 7' long so when the least expensive (Ground) shipping was listed at $51.42 I said no thanks and immediately closed the window. Not sure how you stay in business with those shipping prices or maybe that's how you stay in business...
Roc8man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 91648
That is steep for something that light, even if oversize . I expect that kind of pricing with Canada Post. Even my shipments to Canada for a pile of parts I can usually keep under 30 bucks in shipping.

Anyway, for the nameless Rockauto rep, is there any advantage in creating an account? Does it make anything available that isn't accessable otherwise?

Alex.
GMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2016, 06:20 AM   #93 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
@Roc8man - Various Mfr part is listed as being 77" long from the manufacturer which would make it an oversize part. That is likely why it is contributing to a higher shipping cost than you might expect. We don't make any profit on shipping; we charge you exactly what the carrier charges us.

@GMGuy - you might want to read the following link on our Help page which explains the benefits of creating an account: RockAuto Help Answers :: Existing Orders.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 18551
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
@Roc8man - Various Mfr part is listed as being 77" long from the manufacturer which would make it an oversize part. That is likely why it is contributing to a higher shipping cost than you might expect. We don't make any profit on shipping; we charge you exactly what the carrier charges us.

@GMGuy - you might want to read the following link on our Help page which explains the benefits of creating an account: RockAuto Help Answers :: Existing Orders.
I found and ordered a genuine GM OEM part on eBay and my total cost including shipping was $40.97 so I truly doubt shipping was over $50 alone (unless the seller wanted to pay me for their part and give me $10 towards shipping) or you guys need to find a new shipping company. UPS delivered it today to me.
Roc8man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 233664
I'm usually pretty happy with RockAuto, their prices are usually lower than anywhere else but shipping can be killer some times.

Little annoyed with that actually. Placed an order today and hit the wrong quantity on a part, needed 2 instead of the 1 that I ordered. Took me about 10 minutes to find their number so I could call in, called in and was told "your order was sent for picking 10 minutes ago, we can't add another to the order, you need to place another order and pay for shipping again".

What? So that order when to picking instantly? Then why cant you have them add another one to the order instantly? Seriously wtf
Old 01-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #96 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9154
just got a complete new ac delco throttle body for my BBC on whse closeout $55.80, I thought for sure it would only be the injectors, but sure enough a complete TB showed up.
98.5 dodge,EZ,TST,ex brk,Goerend,ford outers,quad bags
'05 arctic fox-880wts solar,inverter,cocktail cubes 24/7
502cu in boat EVIL SATISFACTION
v6toy4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #97 (permalink)
gumboot cloggeroo

Member # 467233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettysburg150 View Post
I'm usually pretty happy with RockAuto, their prices are usually lower than anywhere else but shipping can be killer some times.

Little annoyed with that actually. Placed an order today and hit the wrong quantity on a part, needed 2 instead of the 1 that I ordered. Took me about 10 minutes to find their number so I could call in, called in and was told "your order was sent for picking 10 minutes ago, we can't add another to the order, you need to place another order and pay for shipping again".

What? So that order when to picking instantly? Then why cant you have them add another one to the order instantly? Seriously wtf
Ya want fast shipping? Cause ya got fast shipping.

Rockauto's saved my ass many times. I would have scrapped my car if I had to pay local prices when I replaced the entire front driveline/suspension.

-------------------------
Last edited by Muckin_Slusher; Today at 04:47 PM.

Last edited by Muckin_Slusher; 01-20-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Muckin_Slusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 08:55 PM   #98 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettysburg150 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckin_Slusher View Post
Ya want fast shipping? Cause ya got fast shipping.

Rockauto's saved my ass many times. I would have scrapped my car if I had to pay local prices when I replaced the entire front driveline/suspension.
Yup, don't buy from me then if that bothers you, because I'm the same way. UPS picks up twice a day. You give me money, I give you parts. If I can catch it, I will. But chances are it's not going to happen.

Summit Racing is the same way, too. I spaced a fitting and by the time I called, minutes later, it was already on the truck. But I didn't rant and rave about it. I placed a second order. My mistake, not theirs. I actually appreciate someone on the ball....

And another thumbs up to Rockauto. Yeah, sometimes their shipping seems a little high, but I've had nothing but great luck with them. My only complaint is you never know where it's going to ship from. If you are in a hurry, it would be nice to know if you need to order it next day air or it's shipping from 2 towns over and ground will be next day. I've been there, before, too... Part came from Seattle. It shipped next day air just like I paid for. Seattle to Spokane via ground is 1 day.

10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, DynoMAX Exhaust, AllTech Motorsports, Radflo Shocks, PAC Racing Springs, JM Rigging Supply, Reid Racing, Rugged Radios, Trail-Gear, Life-Time LED Lights, RuffStuff Specialties, Randy's Racing Transmissions, A1 Performance Converters, Maxxis Tires, Jesse Haines Fab, CBR Performance, PRP Seats, Exhaust Solutions, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 103987
Looking to place an order soon. Any chance the discount code could be updated? Thanks.
Dr. Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #100 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
New RockAuto.com Discount Code for Parts & More - Expires September 14, 2016

I just updated the RockAuto discount code in this thread!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in