LED Bulbs at RockAuto.com! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > RockAuto
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Smile LED Bulbs at RockAuto.com!

Car restorers know answers to the question,"How long does it take to replace an instrument panel light bulb?" range from "five minutes" to "I started taking apart the instrument panel two months ago, and I still haven't found that %[email protected]# bulb!" Hard to reach bulbs and any other bulbs that you only want to change once, can now be replaced with new LED bulbs. Here are just a few benefits of using an LED bulb for your automotive lighting needs:
  • LED bulbs do not have a filament wire like incandescent bulbs, making them better equipped to withstand vibration
  • LED bulbs last longer, use less power and give off less heat compared to incandescent bulbs
  • LED bulbs typically give off more light and even come in multiple color choices
  • LED bulbs have fewer part numbers, making them more universal

While LED bulbs do cost a lot more than incandescent bulbs, this is less scary when you consider that many incandescent bulbs start at less than $0.25 at RockAuto.com. It could be worth $10 or even $20 to avoid disassembling an instrument panel a second time.

Find all types of bulbs, with choice of brands, at RockAuto.com under the "Electrical-Bulb & Socket" category for your vehicle.
RockAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 91648
What would it take to put a listing of _all_ the LED bulbs you carry in the Tools and Universal parts section.

I do a lot of frankenstein work, be nice to just have all the led lights show up in one place, rather than bounce between different makes and models just to find that one bulb I want.

Alex.

Last edited by GMGuy; 02-10-2017 at 03:33 PM.
GMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Please visit the Part Number Search Tab, and search by Part Group and Part Type to see a complete list. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMGuy View Post
What would it take to put a listing of _all_ the LED bulbs you carry in the Tools and Universal parts section.

I do a lot of frankenstein work, be nice to just have all the led lights show up in one place, rather than bounce between different makes and models just to find that one bulb I want.

Alex.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 91648
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
Please visit the Part Number Search Tab, and search by Part Group and Part Type to see a complete list. Thank you.
The list is far from complete on the user end. A search on brake light bulbs provides very limited results. Looks like 51 results, how many results do you get when you search?

And the 1157 bulb is conspicously missing from the results save for one Phillips LED 1157. Not even the glass versions show up. Mostly 3057 base styles. No Dorman 1157 LED bulbs come up in the search results either.
(manufacturer: ALL, part group:Electrical-bulb & socket, part type:Brake Light Bulb)

Trying variations of what to keep as ALL, or drilled down a bit such as brake light, with a part number of 1157, or *1157* gets me one phillips LED, no glass 1157 bulbs. I should have at least 5 results for that, the Phillips LED, phillips standard, Dorman LED, Wagner & GE standards.

When I do a part search like that I want EVERY SINGLE brake light bulb you got. If I am doing a mix 'n match or frankenstein project its to see what is available, pick the best for what I want it to do and go from there.

When I search for LED and keep the feild open to all makes and all models, I want each and every LED bulb that you carry. Right now, with the limited results I get 7 or 8 led lamps in the list.

Alex.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
We use the same catalog here at the office, so the list of parts you see is complete. The Philips LED 1157 is not listed under Brake Light Bulb because it is not a Brake Light Bulb. This part is a Tail Lamp Bulb, so it will be listed under the Tail Lamp Bulb category. Our catalog is designed to show results based on fitment, so customers know which parts will fit their vehicles. Thank you.
Quote:
The list is far from complete on the user end. A search on brake light bulbs provides very limited results. Looks like 51 results, how many results do you get when you search?

And the 1157 bulb is conspicously missing from the results save for one Phillips LED 1157. Not even the glass versions show up. Mostly 3057 base styles. No Dorman 1157 LED bulbs come up in the search results either.
(manufacturer: ALL, part group:Electrical-bulb & socket, part type:Brake Light Bulb)

Trying variations of what to keep as ALL, or drilled down a bit such as brake light, with a part number of 1157, or *1157* gets me one phillips LED, no glass 1157 bulbs. I should have at least 5 results for that, the Phillips LED, phillips standard, Dorman LED, Wagner & GE standards.

When I do a part search like that I want EVERY SINGLE brake light bulb you got. If I am doing a mix 'n match or frankenstein project its to see what is available, pick the best for what I want it to do and go from there.

When I search for LED and keep the feild open to all makes and all models, I want each and every LED bulb that you carry. Right now, with the limited results I get 7 or 8 led lamps in the list.

Alex.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 91648
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
We use the same catalog here at the office, so the list of parts you see is complete. The Philips LED 1157 is not listed under Brake Light Bulb because it is not a Brake Light Bulb. This part is a Tail Lamp Bulb, so it will be listed under the Tail Lamp Bulb category. Our catalog is designed to show results based on fitment, so customers know which parts will fit their vehicles. Thank you.
My friend, I suggest you look again at what an 1157 is.
I will point you to 1983 Chevrolet C10 brake light... What do you see? Yup, thats right, Phillips LED 1157. And that begs the question, why is the Dorman LED 1157 not listed there? Which is why I'd like to type LED in the part description and get a complete list of every brand and model number of LED you have.

1157: Dual filament bayonet base lamp, tail/stop lamp on just about every General Motors product through the 70's and early 80's until they made the change to that 3157 wedge style bulb.

And in common usage, the combined tail/stop light is referred to as the 'brake light' to differentiate it from just tail lights that use an 1156 (single filament bayonet base. Used in multiple rear light panels in conjunction with outer 1157 brake lights, and as reverse lights in most cases.).

Now riddle me this, if I pull up 1973 Nova 5.7L, how come the brake lights now list both Phillips and Dorman? That is why I want a complete list of every LED bulb so I can select brand and construction based on my needs. Maybe something you can put in the suggestion box; part search by name to provide results for every make and model in the catalog that meets the criteria, be it Battery Cable (yeah, I buy those things as well for non-stock applications and let me tell you that is an exercise in patience) or LED bulb.

Alex.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Please follow this link to discover that part 1157 is listed under the Tail Lamp Bulb category: Part Number 1157 Thank you.
Quote:
My friend, I suggest you look again at what an 1157 is.
I will point you to 1983 Chevrolet C10 brake light... What do you see? Yup, thats right, Phillips LED 1157. And that begs the question, why is the Dorman LED 1157 not listed there? Which is why I'd like to type LED in the part description and get a complete list of every brand and model number of LED you have.

1157: Dual filament bayonet base lamp, tail/stop lamp on just about every General Motors product through the 70's and early 80's until they made the change to that 3157 wedge style bulb.

And in common usage, the combined tail/stop light is referred to as the 'brake light' to differentiate it from just tail lights that use an 1156 (single filament bayonet base. Used in multiple rear light panels in conjunction with outer 1157 brake lights, and as reverse lights in most cases.).

Now riddle me this, if I pull up 1973 Nova 5.7L, how come the brake lights now list both Phillips and Dorman? That is why I want a complete list of every LED bulb so I can select brand and construction based on my needs. Maybe something you can put in the suggestion box; part search by name to provide results for every make and model in the catalog that meets the criteria, be it Battery Cable (yeah, I buy those things as well for non-stock applications and let me tell you that is an exercise in patience) or LED bulb.

Alex.

Last edited by RockAuto; 02-15-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 91648
The dorman 1157 are conspicously missing from that link.

Hopefully this works;
Scroll down to LED.Under brake light bulb.
1973 CHEVROLET NOVA 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

and
for this vehicle, almost identical setup lamp wise as the above vehicle (extra running light in the form of a 194 on the pickup)
Actually just found another anomoly in the catalog;
1973 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

And the one I was originally using as my comparison for brake light bulbs, becuase the 1973 Nova, the 1981 GMC, the 1983 C10 and the 1973 C10 all use an 1157 brake light (aka tail/brake lamp).
1983 C10
1983 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

Now heres a kicker, 1981 C10
1981 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

All of these applications should have the same list for 1157's. WHy does one include Dorman lights, and another not?
And again, thats why I am so vocal about a search that returns ALL results. Not just select few based on some mystery criteria. The link you sent should have been the most complete list of lamps considering it was a search on 1157.

Alex.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
That is not how our catalog is designed to function. If you wish to see a particular part number and brand, then type in the part number and the brand. Thank you.
Quote:
The dorman 1157 are conspicously missing from that link.

Hopefully this works;
Scroll down to LED.Under brake light bulb.
1973 CHEVROLET NOVA 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

and
for this vehicle, almost identical setup lamp wise as the above vehicle (extra running light in the form of a 194 on the pickup)
Actually just found another anomoly in the catalog;
1973 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

And the one I was originally using as my comparison for brake light bulbs, becuase the 1973 Nova, the 1981 GMC, the 1983 C10 and the 1973 C10 all use an 1157 brake light (aka tail/brake lamp).
1983 C10
1983 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

Now heres a kicker, 1981 C10
1981 CHEVROLET C10 PICKUP 5.7L 350cid V8 Brake Light Bulb | RockAuto

All of these applications should have the same list for 1157's. WHy does one include Dorman lights, and another not?
And again, thats why I am so vocal about a search that returns ALL results. Not just select few based on some mystery criteria. The link you sent should have been the most complete list of lamps considering it was a search on 1157.

Alex.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 91648
Overall, I like how your catalog works and displays information without the need for high internet overhead. No changes should be done on that.

Its the searches that frustrate me. I'm only using Dorman as an example name. Often I don't know what brand or model you do carry unless I look through multiple makes and models of vehicles to see what comes up, which is why if I do a general search, that general
search should return each and every instance that contains the general search term.

Alex.

Last edited by GMGuy; 02-16-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
Thank you for your feedback, however, that is not how we have designed our catalog. Our catalog is designed for customers to search for parts by their specific vehicle. If you wish to see all of the vehicles a part number fits, simply click on the blue part number and read the fitment chart. Thank you.
Quote:
Overall, I like how your catalog works and displays information without the need for high internet overhead. No changes should be done on that.

Its the searches that frustrate me. I'm only using Dorman as an example name. Often I don't know what brand or model you do carry unless I look through multiple makes and models of vehicles to see what comes up, which is why if I do a general search, that general
search should return each and every instance that contains the general search term.

Alex.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 91648
You do realize that the catalog is incomplete then.
But even with its faults, I'll keep purchasing from you guys.

Alex.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
P4x4 Vendors

Member # 165055
LED Bulbs from RockAuto.com are Great for Cars Too

Long life, cooler temperature, vibration resistance, choice of color are just some of the LED light bulb advantages discussed by Kathy Fisher of Performance TV and RockAuto.com's Tom Taylor.

https://youtu.be/vQjHc_528Y0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in