Trash - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 102604
Trash

Just back from a nice one night trip to Buck from Loon. Been on the trail about 4 times this year before this weekend and never recall seeing much trash. This weekend was a mess. It looked very intensional, but sure hope it was not. We must have picked up 20 crushed beer cans along the trail. There was also packs of cigs, oil cans and general garbage.

There is/was a TJ at the bottom of the bowl with a broken oil pan and a note saying they would be back. We deployed the spill kit we had, and luckily the oil appears pretty contained and easy to clean up. I hope when the owners return they get it fixed, and also clean up what they can. it was still there at noon today. Pretty quiet weekend on the trail

Another fun season, looking forward to next year.
Twice Scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 19510
We were there too and it was ALL from the group that went in the night before. We picked up bunches of budlight and Coors cans and half dozen full water bottles and finally the remainder of the case
It looked like careless loss of trash from a rig (I hope) but it was the entire route from loon to the box.
I've been on the trail about 30 days this year and this was by far the worst
Thanks Twice Scrambled and whoever else besides us that picked up after these losers.
I think you passed us at soup bowl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
530-268-9494

tlca# 12281
semi_budget 1ton build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

linking the rear

rockthedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 102604
Rock the Dog

Yes, I think we passed you at Soup Bowl. My buddy talked to you. Trail was much cleaner on the way out, as I know you picked up a bunch. We camped at the dam at Buck, and hiked to the S-turn before Big Sluice. Picked up 8 cans in that short section. All crushed and on the trail. There was a group camped down by the lake. We never talked to them, but they could have been the guilty party.

Thanks all that go above and beyond to keep the trail clean and open. Still amazes me someone would go to the Rubicon, a beautiful place, and apparently intensionally litter. Wish I could catch them in action.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 4329
I ran the trail from loon to Tahoe last Wednesday and Thursday and the trail seemed clean to me.
ROCK HUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 11:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 19510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK HUGGER View Post
I ran the trail from loon to Tahoe last Wednesday and Thursday and the trail seemed clean to me.
It was very clean until the asshats appeared

530-268-9494

tlca# 12281
semi_budget 1ton build

linking the rear

rockthedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 102604
We got to Buck about noon on Saturday and camped right about the dam. We hiked to the "S turn" (does it have a name) before the big trees and drop into the Big Sluice to show the trail to someone with us that has not been past Buck. There was a group camped below there in the trees.

We saw no one else ahead of us, and based on the posts here, they may have been the ones. They may have had a broken garbage bag, and never realized.

At least we left the trail clean, which means a trail "open".

Any word on the TJ in the Bowl with the broken oil pan?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice Scrambled View Post
Any word on the TJ in the Bowl with the broken oil pan?
Came out today about 200PM, it wasn't there. So they came back and got it, I guess!

Thanks for cleaning up, guys. It's frustrating as hell.

N6YBH
-

Thanks to
for sponsoring the 2017 Cantina For The Con!

"If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it but don't have it". -Henry Ford
resqme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 102604
Great. We saw you arriving to the staging area as we left about noon Sunday. Hope they did a good clean up of the spill and very glad to see no one messed with their rig. It was open and we left what was left of the spill kit on the front seat, after deploying the kit.

Mike
KI6ODQ
Old 10-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twice Scrambled View Post
Great. We saw you arriving to the staging area as we left about noon Sunday. Hope they did a good clean up of the spill and very glad to see no one messed with their rig. It was open and we left what was left of the spill kit on the front seat, after deploying the kit.

Mike
KI6ODQ
Didn't see you Mike, or I would have said hi. Were you the group in the trees packing up?

N6YBH
-

Thanks to

"If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it but don't have it". -Henry Ford
Old 10-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 102604
Passed you on the dam in my brown Scrambler as you were coming down with your flat bed. Looks like you had a load to tow in to Spider
Old 11-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21815
Ah, OK. Yup, winter stuff going in, summer stuff coming out.

N6YBH
-

Thanks to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in