Pirate 4x4 banner

2017 Rubicon Event Calendar

10K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  atvobsession 
#1 · (Edited)
Click Here for a calendar of Rubicon Events

It's that time of year, to prepare for 2017!

If you all could follow some simple rules...it will really help me and most importantly everyone else.

Name of group
Date: Start to End (ie: 7/10-14)
How many rigs...(A guess or range is fine!)
Where/direction (ie: Loon to Springs and back or Tahoe to Loon)

PLEASE NOTE!
There are 2 events that the trail is closed.

1) The Jeepers Jamboree is July 27-30.

2) The Jeep Jamboree is August 4 - August 6

All other smaller Jeepers Jamboree events do not close the trail. Hope that helps.

First of all, JJ has a parade permit for exclusive access to the trail. Given the vehicle count...you wouldn't want to be on the trail anyway. That said....the official word on this.

WHEREAS said sponsor has applied for a parade permit pursuant to Vehicle Code 211 02( e), Ordinance Code §12.37.010 et seq., and County Resolution 110-79, in order to restrict usage of the Rubicon Trail during these two parade events to participants only; and WHEREAS the number of vehicles and users anticipated in each parade event, and the unusual circumstances of the Rubicon Trail, require that the Jamboree participants be allowed to pass through on the Rubicon Trail in an organized, continuous and uninterrupted group, for the safety and protection of Jamboree participants and other users;

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the usage of the Rubicon Trail from Wentworth Springs and Loon Lake Dam and thence generally east to the Placer County line shall be restricted to participants in the "Jeepers Jamboree" or the "Jeep Jamboree" only, from 6:00 a.m. to midnight.

Thursday (July 27), Friday (July 28), Saturday (July 29), Sunday (July 30), Friday (August 4), Saturday (August 5) and Sunday (August 6)

The Calendar has been updated accordingly. Please respect the event.

This helps everyone know if they are facing 100 rigs in a group or not.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Jeep Jamboree USA
Aug 10th to 12th
100+ rigs
Loon Lake to Rubicon Springs on Friday the 11th
In camp on Saturday the 12th
Rubicon Springs to Tahoe staging on Sunday the 13th

Note that this event does NOT close the trail to other users however the campground at Rubicon springs will be reserved for event participants.

#11 · (Edited)
Hi-Lander's 46th Annual Poker Run June 16-18

We will have full use of South Fork Campground and will be using Airport Flat, Big Silver, Sunset, Gerle Creek, Wench Creek, Loon Lake and Wolf Creek as overflow Campgrounds. 100+ rigs expected. Run stages at Loon Lake Slab above Kiosk Saturday morning and goes out to Wentworth Springs through Airport Flat with poker hand stops along the way.

#12 ·
Diablo 4 Wheelers June 15-17

Diablo 4 Wheelers
15 rigs
Loon -> Buck (or as far as we can get) June 16
Buck -> Loon June 17

We usually camp at Loon Northshore on Thursday night, but it's still marked as closed. I've reached out to the Hi-Landers to see if we can squeeze into Airport Flats with them on Thursday, June 15.

Thanks!

#13 ·
Diablo 4 Wheelers
15 rigs
Loon -> Buck (or as far as we can get) June 16
Buck -> Loon June 17

We usually camp at Loon Northshore on Thursday night, but it's still marked as closed. I've reached out to the Hi-Landers to see if we can squeeze into Airport Flats with them on Thursday, June 15.

Thanks!
Is Jenny W going?

#19 ·
Just clicked the link to see how the trail was looking for groups in a couple of weeks.

I see the trail is marked as closed very week, Monday through Thursday.

What's up with that? Is that legit or is it a typo?

Thanks in advance for the reply.
Allen

#21 ·
That link's better- no "trail closed" crap on it... :laughing: Everything I've ever seen shows little to no closures as you mentioned- that's what struck me as so odd with that calendar...:confused:

I went last year mon-weds, and loved how little traffic was there.

Planning on heading down in a couple more weeks for another Sun-Weds run. Didn't want to be met with a "Oh by the way..." surprise.

#26 ·
That link's better- no "trail closed" crap on it... :laughing: Everything I've ever seen shows little to no closures as you mentioned- that's what struck me as so odd with that calendar...:confused:
Sorry!!! It was a Google Calendar deal where it was combining 2 calendars. I fixed after someone emailed me.

#22 · (Edited)
Who is coordinating the 'Seven Offroad" trip on Sept 29-Oct1? I had a trip planned same time but it has slowly died on the vine. We started with 4 and now i'm the only one left, with the last one cancelling about 5 min ago. I'm all packed and ready so hate to not go.

If there is room for another I'd like to tag along...

I was planning on doing loon to buck and turn around since i'm trailering.. so not sure if anyone else want's to turn around too.

#27 ·
Small group going up October 20th - 22nd. Santa Rosa 4x4 Club. Planning to camp at or near Airport Flats and day run in through Wentworth Springs and Loon.

(Hopefully there is room for a couple RV's in that area)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#34 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.