Unimpressed with Robbs Resort - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Closed Thread

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2004, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 18328
Unimpressed with Robbs Resort

I went to Robbs Resort recently to park rigs and camp 1 night. If you are camping, they have no bathrooms. They seem to close the resturant-bar-store when they want to, and they do not take anything but cash! I have never been there before, and highly doubt I'll go back. I thought with the word "resort" in the name there might at least be a public bathroom there! Oh, and also, never, never, warm up a vehicle there before 7am!!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
I hadn't been there in 10 years....They used to have a store, restuarant and showers.

What happened?
Ken Hower - KOH #1962 Close Enough Racing/KOH #4899 Legends
Rubicon Trail Foundation - Director 2011-Present

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for being the primary sponsor for the 2016 Cantina For The Con!
atvobsession is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2004, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 5380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPGAL
I went to Robbs Resort recently to park rigs and camp 1 night. If you are camping, they have no bathrooms. They seem to close the resturant-bar-store when they want to, and they do not take anything but cash! I have never been there before, and highly doubt I'll go back. I thought with the word "resort" in the name there might at least be a public bathroom there! Oh, and also, never, never, warm up a vehicle there before 7am!!
Please elaborate.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 1372
Quote:
Whaddya expect? Robbs is in the middle of nowhere! No electricity except what they generate. No telephone unless you take your cell phone to the top of Robb's Peak. I mean we're not talking about the Bellagio here.

Robb's is a seasonal mom & pop operation and, from my experience, very accomodating. Frank & Anne-Marie have always gone out of their way to be helpful. I've rummaged through their junk to find a thing to fix my junk. Hell, they even let me pull my transfer case in the south 40 one time. I've used their showers, restrooms, bar, store, everything up there. I think everyone on this board that's ever gone to Robb's will agree that it's a first class operation given what's available in the neighborhood.

For your next stay, might I suggest the Reno Hilton?
Old 06-16-2004, 07:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 96
Send a message via AIM to Disco Send a message via Yahoo to Disco
Robb's is great. They do have bathrooms and showers. Bathrooms are free but I believe you have to pay for showers. Do you expect them to stay open 24/7? I will go there anytime I drive to the Con for a quick beer. I have had only good experiences there!!!

BTW: What were you "warming up" at 7:00am? If it was a loud vehicle I'm would be annoyed also if I was or "my guests" were trying to sleep.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Land Use Zeus

Member # 3982
Robbs

I've not heard negative reports about Robbs before. Maybe something has changed, but I know the Pirates make Robbs their hang out many times during the year. Gas is an issue tho, but last I heard I thought there were showers there. I'll have to check.

Also, Ice House has a resort down the road.

You can learn more about each resort on my web site:
DelAlbright.Com

thanks,Del

Co-Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR)

2014 Inductee, Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Fame
Co-Founder, Rubicon Trail Foundation (RTF)
No Longer Affiliated in any way with BlueRibbon Coalition/Sharetrails.
Jeepndel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
JW

Member # 222
If you don't like it, don't go. I like to stop and have a drink there when I have time, glad I won't be seeing YOU there.

JW
marrying wisely and investing well-but they don't clear as many doubles."

budbuilt.com & highangledriveline.com
JW is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 22846
Send a message via AIM to KingTJ
wemon.....
KingTJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 1746
I allways enjoy Robbs, good food, great drinks and the owners are cool as the come

I dont know what you expected in the middle of the forest
Old 06-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 2037
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience I've never camped there but I've been stopping in at Robb's for food and supplies for years and they've always treated us like family. Real good people

I know that this doesn't help your experience but I thought I'd share some of mine

Happy trails!

'86 CJ7, ProRock60's, 4.88's/Detroits/35 Spline Alloys/CTM's, TBI 350, 700R4, 4:1 D300 w/Twin Stick, 17" x 8.5" Trail Ready HD Aluminum beadlocks, 37x13.5x17 Toyo MT's

Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers (TDO)

Wheelers for the Wounded of California
Rubicrawler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicrawler
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience I've never camped there but I've been stopping in at Robb's for food and supplies for years and they've always treated us like family. Real good people

I know that this doesn't help your experience but I thought I'd share some of mine

Ditto coming from the Pirates. Good food, nice people and cold beer...............who needs a fawking shower
Happy trails!

Special Thanks to YUKON, BAJA DESIGNS.
UGET IT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 2804
Send a message via AIM to Imkunfused Send a message via Yahoo to Imkunfused
Quote:

What the heck do you expect.. king size beds, jazuzi's.. You are in the middle over no where.. get over it.. Want a resort.. go to tahoe
Old 06-16-2004, 07:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 18328
It was about 6pm when I went up to the store/bar, I wanted a bite to eat and a pack of smokes. The resturant/bar was closed, and the lady at the register acted like it was a big hassle to ring up my smokes. I thought there might be some kind of bathroom/pit toilet to use after the store is closed. If I rent a cabin I still have to pee behind a tree? I wasn't expecting a Hilton or anything like that!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 89
Send a message via MSN to Whitewater Send a message via Yahoo to Whitewater
Frank and Anne Marie have always been more than accomodating to everyone I know. I've never rented a cabin and i haven't camped there in years so I don't know the details on the toilet. But you must realize Robbs is in the middle of pretty much nowhere. I believe the owners seem to do it because they enjoy it. I highly doubt anyone is getting rich off of the income from that place. I make it a point to stop just for the hell of it every time I am in the area. In fact I will be there tomorrow picking up my buddies broken Jeep which Frank has kindly let him store there since Memorial Day. How many places would let you do that?
"Having too many 'things', American's spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are... If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on it's knees, miserable, greedy and sick." -John Steinbeck
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Whitewater is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2004, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator

Member # 1
Robbs kicks ass. Go to the Bellagio on your next vacation.

http://www.dorobbs.com
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in