Litter / Again - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 26979
Yup. It is kinda wirrd. You see trash all up and down the freeways and highways, yet you never here that the sierra club is trying to shut down I-80.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR=Blue]Keep your RAP and your CRAP at the mall![/COLOR]
sqdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2005, 01:21 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 13482
Send a message via Yahoo to NOTPRETTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundeye
Back to the topic of Litter. Would it make sense for us at this point to put garbage cans along the trail where we're finding trash? Maybe a little sign that says, if you must litter, then please put your trash in here.
That way, some of the great folks who are willing can just grab the bag full of trash on their way out. I am sure we can get both the gabage cans and bags donated.
I think this would be a good idea. There is a view that we should only support pack it in, pack it out and some even see having dumpsters at the entrances as an eroding of that policy. I disagree completely. I do fully agreee with the pack it in, pack it out philosophy...and do this myself...but view it as ideallistic not reality. Honestly, I have the same view for pooh. I'd like to see bathrooms at all entrances and disperse along the trail. Again, it is just not realistic to believe all people will carry out their pooh...even if they are required to carry buckets and wag bags. Sure most on this forum will, but were just a drop in the bucket out there.

All of this is why we need a basicly level of trail management by the agencies responsible for it...Forrest Service, County, and private land owners...with assistance from FOTR, etc. I just hope that by opening the door to managment, we don't see the trail become a weekend a bernies or some sort of lights out at 10:00PM formal camp ground. There needs to be a balance and an understanding that management costs money.

Passionately centerist. We're slowly being killed by the far left and far right.
NOTPRETTY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2005, 07:57 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 3480
Location: Chatsworth, Ca (LA) 482.3 miles to the Loon Lake enterance
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTPRETTY
I just hope that by opening the door to managment, we don't see the trail become a weekend a bernies or some sort of lights out at 10:00PM formal camp ground. There needs to be a balance and an understanding that management costs money.
I thought that prior to the closure at Spider that it was like a weekend at Bernies

Unfortunatly it looks like things are getting better up there as far as the MEGA crowd party at the box. I guess we will see next weekend. I say unfortunatly because I think this is primarily due to the areas near to the lake being closed.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 47635
To my suprise, the trail wasnt that drity, most poeple cleaned up after themself. But still there was a little bit of "flaver soda water" can in the camp sites, but not too bad.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #55 (permalink)
krb

Member # 7692
Just got back yesterday.I think for the most part the trail looked somewhat clean Found some shit flowers here and there but not like in the past.Most rigs I saw were carrying a bucket.We were camped up at the end of LS by Dollar Hill.We did stop some fucking idiots from cutting a standing dead tree.They thougt it would be ok because the tree was dead.Ran into two wheelers at just below Buck where the Trail Tough group was at.The two guys we ran into said they just finished cleaning the area (table bilt on to trees by creek).They said they just got through cleaning the site but left the big bag of unburnt shit on the camp fire..Well if this is the case the TT people should stay in Oregon.

Last edited by krb; 06-28-2005 at 07:59 AM.
krb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 07:23 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 13482
I believe it is legal (With proper permit) to cut standing dead less that 10" at eye level. Just fyi.

Passionately centerist. We're slowly being killed by the far left and far right.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:11 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 17283
yes it is legal to cut dead standing trees with a permit.. I have used that permit before.. As far as trash goes, there are some dumpsters at the end of the pavement at Loon Lake.. So you can haul your trash from the trail and dump it there instead of trying to burn your beer cans in the fire pits..
mtnbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 10:37 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 13482
Yep...Dump my trash there all the time.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #59 (permalink)
JW

Member # 222
I dump my trash there as well, when they are not overflowing (you have got to be lucky though).

JW
marrying wisely and investing well-but they don't clear as many doubles."

budbuilt.com & highangledriveline.com
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 07:20 AM   #60 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22748
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDave
I As far as rigs leaking, I don't see the big deal since the oil came from the earth to begin with.
I dont know you so i hope this was a joke
surpip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 24859
Ah , LittleDave , there is a difference between crude and refined oil. And FYI the crude is found 1,000's of feet down , rarely if ever at surface level . This means it is part of the ecosystem down there not on top , big difference , hello...........
Old 06-30-2005, 01:21 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 24859
good analogy for LittleDave , would you put your -hit on top of your food cause it came from there?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 13807
Send a message via AIM to Crash440
Quote:
Originally Posted by peesalot
good analogy for LittleDave , would you put your -hit on top of your food cause it came from there?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 28224
Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreZJ
Quote:
"And what's up with all the rap music at LS. I thought this was a white boy activity. Leave your rap at the mall!"

Man are you guys pathetic!!!! It's called the first amendment...freedom of speech. I will play whatever the hell I want to, as loud as I want, and there's nothing you people can do about it. You complain about some rap music, when there's people up there running zoomies on thier junk, quads/bikes with straight pipes, and people popping caps with AR-15's??? Wake up man!!! If you don't like what's being played, either turn up your own radio or go somewhere else.

I personally don't give a rats ass what you play. It doesn't bother me a bit. So ****....and quit your whining.

As long as we keep the trail clean is all that matters.

Last edited by cruzila; 07-06-2005 at 08:44 AM.
HardCoreZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #65 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3123
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreZJ
It doesn't bother me a bit. So STFU....and quit your bitchin.
As long as we keep the trail clean is all that matters.
It's this kind of attitude that spoils everyplace where more than one person goes. ****'n wear headphones if you want to play music loud. Why should someone else be subjected to your likes. maybe we can get the sheriff's to inforce the noise levels like they do in the cities?

and it's NOT just about keeping it clean, it's about keeping it open...

and sorry but the same amendment gives us the right to talk as we do, so you be quiet or go post somewhere else.

Rich Klein
FOTR Trail Patrol Captain
W.E.ROCK Promoter
Thanks to our marketing partners: MAXXIS Tires, Trail Gear, NITTRO Gear and Axle, ARTEC Industries, Branik Motorsports, ASR Recovery Gear, SpiderTrax, Dirt Skins, Metal Cloak, Crown Automotive, SuperChips, PSC Steering, Fox Shocks, Axel Off Road, Currie Enterprises, PCI Race Radios
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKROVER
4 wheeling sure changes when there is a crowd and cones.
530-417-5333

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

( @ Y @ ) ( * Y * ) ( . Y . )

Big Rich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 3480
Location: Chatsworth, Ca (LA) 482.3 miles to the Loon Lake enterance
Quote:
edited
I am sure that all of the people who want to close our trails love people who feel just like you. You make their job easy.

Last edited by cruzila; 07-06-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Bronchole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 05:30 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 47635
Quote:
Man are you guys pathetic!!!! It's called the first amendment...freedom of speech. edited.
Damn dude, what crawled from last week. you have lost it dont make me come over to your house and bitch slap your ass

Last edited by cruzila; 07-06-2005 at 08:50 AM.
87XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 404
People seem to forget where "rights" come from. In essence they come from the general agreement by the rest of us that we will tolerate whatever it is you are doing. Piss enough people off and you get slapped down. I may be a child of the 60s but sometimes I think we have become too tolerant.

Behave yourself, it is not that hard!
chartdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 28224
Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreZJ
Sorry....didn't mean to offend anybody here.

Basically, let me just say this and I'll be gone. I'm not one to go to the con and blast 10,000W stereo all day and night. That's not me. Nor do I think it's right. Nor did I see or hear anybody doing it when I was there. My point is that if you respect everybody and don't blair your music at midnight or early am, you should be able to listen to whatever music that you like during the day. If I want to play rap or country or whatever loud while I'm tackling an obstacle, who cares??? I'll be on my way up the trail in a couple of minutes and you won't hear me again... I did hear some music at the LS, but the people screaming back and forth and whatever vehicle at the time was in the box was drowning out the music anyway. I think you all just need to relax, enjoy the con, and have a good time. You all seem way too uptight and picky.

I like the con just like the rest of you. And I respect the trail. I pick up my trash, i tread lightly, and I don't yell/party/blair music at 3am. But you have no right to tell me I can't listen to whatever music I like during the day.
HardCoreZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #70 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3123
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Rich
Quote:
Sorry....didn't mean to offend anybody here.

Basically, let me just say this and I'll be gone. I'm not one to go to the con and blast 10,000W stereo all day and night. That's not me. Nor do I think it's right. Nor did I see or hear anybody doing it when I was there. My point is that if you respect everybody and don't blair your music at midnight or early am, you should be able to listen to whatever music that you like during the day. If I want to play rap or country or whatever loud while I'm tackling an obstacle, who cares??? I'll be on my way up the trail in a couple of minutes and you won't hear me again... I did hear some music at the LS, but the people screaming back and forth and whatever vehicle at the time was in the box was drowning out the music anyway. I think you all just need to relax, enjoy the con, and have a good time. You all seem way too uptight and picky.

I like the con just like the rest of you. And I respect the trail. I pick up my trash, i tread lightly, and I don't yell/party/blair music at 3am. But you have no right to tell me I can't listen to whatever music I like during the day.
Thanks to our marketing partners: MAXXIS Tires, Trail Gear, NITTRO Gear and Axle, ARTEC Industries, Branik Motorsports, ASR Recovery Gear, SpiderTrax, Dirt Skins, Metal Cloak, Crown Automotive, SuperChips, PSC Steering, Fox Shocks, Axel Off Road, Currie Enterprises, PCI Race Radios
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKROVER
4 wheeling sure changes when there is a crowd and cones.
530-417-5333

( @ Y @ ) ( * Y * ) ( . Y . )

Big Rich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 26979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rich
It's this kind of attitude that spoils everyplace where more than one person goes. ****'n wear headphones if you want to play music loud. Why should someone else be subjected to your likes. maybe we can get the sheriff's to inforce the noise levels like they do in the cities?

and it's NOT just about keeping it clean, it's about keeping it open...

and sorry but the same amendment gives us the right to talk as we do, so you be quiet or go post somewhere else.

Rich Klein
FOTR Trail Patrol Captain
W.E.ROCK Promoter
Amen.

[COLOR=Blue]Keep your RAP and your CRAP at the mall![/COLOR]
sqdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 33577
Quote:
Originally Posted by peesalot
Ah , LittleDave , there is a difference between crude and refined oil. And FYI the crude is found 1,000's of feet down , rarely if ever at surface level . This means it is part of the ecosystem down there not on top , big difference , hello...........
I saw Beverley Hillbillys so I know what I am talking about. Sometimes the oil is just there and sometimes it is real deep. Oh, and I think poop is OK to eat if it's still fresh.

Quit being so
LittleDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in