Rant, Got Me To Thinking.... - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 5380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJerrySeinfeld
I go up thier to party all night and have fun, Drink and be mary

LOL!!!!

I'm not down on partying just keep others in mind, the trail is big enough for everyone.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 49828
Send a message via AIM to JeepJerrySeinfeld Send a message via MSN to JeepJerrySeinfeld Send a message via Yahoo to JeepJerrySeinfeld

i am not saying to disturb the trail or other people, i just think that a lot of trail riders have the wrong idea about people that go up thier and be loud and party if thier not littering and they pack out more that pack in i don't thing a person with loud music will ruin the outdoor feel too much more any body. but i am not bye any mean saying to be disrespectful to any one i am saying just that some people on here should respect other people way of enjoying the rubicon with out hurting it
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2005, 02:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
1. Drinking and driving is illegal.

2. Not everyone wants to hear loud music.

3. If you want to throw, be, do, have a party, why does it have to be on the Rubicon?? Why not go to Yellowjacket campground??

4. Campgrounds have a cerfew.
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013
ReElected RTF Director Dec 2017

cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 23352
Quote:
i am saying to respect the trail also but like it or not when 100 rigs run through the rubicon on any given weekend and even more so on holiday's %75 percent of them are going to party and wheel, it goes hand in hand. ya don't crap in the woods and don't dis respect any body i want to see it stay open as much as any one. but when people say going to the rubicon is not about partying than that is just ingorant the thing is just to make sure you don't leave a wake of destruction behind you and that is what i do. i run with the same group every time i go up thier and we leave the place better than we found it but i am still gonna have fun when i go up

I live by the rule as long as i don't you don't bother me
I need to go take 3 Advil after trying to decipher your jibberish.
The next time I'm up there and I have to listen to some asshats partying until the wee hours I'm going to wake your **** up with an airhorn when the sun comes up. Maybe if I blow it right in your ear it'll help your spelling.

Last edited by cruzila; 07-05-2005 at 12:11 PM.
DirtyFun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 4329
Quote:
but when people say going to the rubicon is not about partying than that is just ingorant

You are the ignorant one if you think you are correct with this statement There are alot of people that go to party, but its not the majority. You only think most people go up there to party because they are the ones that you can hear and stand out. MOST people go up there to wheel, you just dont notice them because they don't have "look at me im an idiot" blarring on their stereo.

Quote:
i don't thing a person with loud music will ruin the outdoor feel too much more any body
Wrong again

Quote:
but i am not bye any mean saying to be disrespectful to any one i am saying just that some people on here should respect other people way of enjoying the rubicon with out hurting it
The partiers should do the same, by not forcing their partying and loud music on other users.
ROCK HUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 23145
this whole subject sickens me, its a reminder of how brittle are society realy is. and the thing is all these punk ass 18-20 something year olds drive Yotas and Jeeps they think because its outdoors that there is no law nor do they "need" to repect anyone, its there trail as much as its ours, thats the answer i got when i asked some punk ass to turn his music down around my 3yr old while he was goin through Gatekeeper its sad to think that violence is the answer when were camping, were all there to have fun be with family/friends and wheel our junk, there is no need to get hostile. i mean its not like you havent heard that song before and turning it down is gonna kill you
Old 07-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rich

Dang I must be getting old.
yep i agree!!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila

3. If you want to throw, be, do, have a party, why does it have to be on the Rubicon?? Why not go to Yellowjacket campground??

4. Campgrounds have a cerfew.
I think you answewred your own question.... Yellowjacket is a campground and it has a curfew, people that want to party don't want a curfew. The rubicon trail is not a campground it does not have a curfew, thats why most of us go there....

keep in mind the word "party" means diffent things to differnt people, for example, last sautday night my son and nephews, ages 12, 13 and 14, were "partying" at the box past midnight, granted thay were wired up on mountaindew and smores, thay had the absolute time of thier lives and will be talking about the 4th of July 2005 on the Rubicon for years and years to come, ya can't "party" like that at Yellowjacket or any where else that i can think of.

Last edited by FLASHLIGHTMAN; 07-05-2005 at 02:04 PM.
FLASHLIGHTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 12:52 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 26979
I think I sorta got this whole thing going in the litter thread, and I am glad it is getting more discussion.

The whole thing is about RESPECT. Respect for others, respect for the trail, and even respect for yourself!

No, not all of us go up there to party. Most of us go there to wheel. You can have a few at the end of the day with your buddies, but have some respect for others that are camped near you. None of us want to hear your loud music untill sunrise. I want to hear flowing waterfalls in the distance. That is what it is all about. You are out in nature-try to enjoy it!

I have spent a lot of time and $$$ building my rig, learning to weld, figuring out what works and what doesn't-so I can WHEEL. That is what the Rubicon is about. When the party crowd get's the whole place shut down-that will have a direct impact on my hobby, which it to WHEEL! Jerry Jibberish Jeep Boy can still go to the disco to drink and spell and be stupid after he gets our trail closed, but us wheelers are just a$$ out. I don't want to drive my rig over parking blocks at the mall, I want to enjoy the trail.

A lot of good things have been said in this thread. Tone it down out there. Have some respect for others. Unfortunately, the most of the idiots that are at the root of the problem probably don't read this forum. They all must be too $***faced to get their online edjumukation going.

This subject has been on my mind over the past several weeks too, which must only mean that at 37, I too must be getting old, because all this stuff just pisses me off!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR=Blue]Keep your RAP and your CRAP at the mall![/COLOR]
sqdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 01:10 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 26979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolsize
...all these punk ass 18-20 something year olds drive Yotas and Jeeps they think because its outdoors ...
When you say Jeeps, you are refering only to YJ's, right? I agree with you in that I like to bring my wife and kids with me, and they certainly don't want to hear that crap coming from the punk crawlers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR=Blue]Keep your RAP and your CRAP at the mall![/COLOR]

Last edited by sqdave; 07-06-2005 at 01:14 AM.
sqdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 4329
Well put sqdave
ROCK HUGGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 10:21 AM   #37 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTMAN
I think you answewred your own question.... Yellowjacket is a campground and it has a curfew, people that want to party don't want a curfew. The rubicon trail is not a campground it does not have a curfew, thats why most of us go there....

keep in mind the word "party" means diffent things to differnt people, for example, last sautday night my son and nephews, ages 12, 13 and 14, were "partying" at the box past midnight, granted thay were wired up on mountaindew and smores, thay had the absolute time of thier lives and will be talking about the 4th of July 2005 on the Rubicon for years and years to come, ya can't "party" like that at Yellowjacket or any where else that i can think of.
I can only hope they were not cheering the guys going up that wall.
Past President 2010-2012
Retired Director 2004-2013
ReElected RTF Director Dec 2017

cruzila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 11:05 AM   #38 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3123
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzila
I can only hope they were not cheering the guys going up that wall.
Does anyone have pictures of the wall attempts??? If so please forward to me.

Rich
Thanks to our marketing partners: MAXXIS Tires, Trail Gear, NITTRO Gear and Axle, ARTEC Industries, Branik Motorsports, ASR Recovery Gear, SpiderTrax, Dirt Skins, Metal Cloak, Crown Automotive, SuperChips, PSC Steering, Fox Shocks, Axel Off Road, Currie Enterprises, PCI Race Radios
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKROVER
4 wheeling sure changes when there is a crowd and cones.
530-417-5333

( @ Y @ ) ( * Y * ) ( . Y . )

Big Rich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 23145
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdave
When you say Jeeps, you are refering only to YJ's, right? I agree with you in that I like to bring my wife and kids with me, and they certainly don't want to hear that crap coming from the punk crawlers!
no im one of those punkasses alsoits mainly those bobbed yota guys
Old 07-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 33577
You gotta love it. Jeeps and Yotas dominate the trail so there must be a reason they are out there. I understand how you can get pissed when your $60,000 rig can't make it up LS and a $1000 Yota with 33"s just blazes right through. That just cracks me up.

Personally I like the diversity on the trail, and I am not talkin' queers and ethnicities here.(We all know the make-up of people there) Some Rap, Rock, Country, Partying, comrodary.....I love it all so let's just keep it open.
LittleDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 1746
Hmmmm,
This is a very good topic with me also.

Believe me when I say that I have and do still party as hard as anyone.

BUT.....................when I travel the Rubicon, its too relax and enjoy nature and wheel.
Sitting at camp is my Zen and a time to refresh my soul, fish,and relax, not to listen to someoneís music.

When I want to "party", I have a nice place, miles away from anyone, in the forest, where we gather and party down till as late as we want and blast music all night and day. The only rule is pack it in, pack it out, thatís it!

So, if anyone feels the need to jeopardize the Rubicon for there own selfish playground, be forewarned that you are being watched and will be chased out.

Is it asking too much for a little respect for others?
I guess common courtesy is not so common.

Last edited by BEAR; 07-06-2005 at 11:19 PM.
BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 347
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rich
Does anyone have pictures of the wall attempts??? If so please forward to me.
Ask Bryan Whitaker -- who apparently goes by G.C. Bandit ... or bagman , who said "The white truck was me the blue one was my buddy LG..."

Check this thread:
https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372760

Here's his webshots gallery with pix from this weekend:
http://community.webshots.com/album/386559129urqRmR

These links probably won't turn out (webshots sux), so click the gallery link and look at frames 37-39...

Only a little checking to see who owns the blue dovetailed yota ... I'll try to clarify the license plate tomorrow when I get a chance.

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in