Need a rescue team - Page 11 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #251 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
Del you will get a kick out of this

The boys started filling in there hole with new snow..............they just dont know when to quit working on the trail........................all other pics in much better quality are going to be on the wentworth site.......as soon as colby and morgan get home
Attached Images

Last edited by jeepfamily; 01-12-2008 at 08:33 PM.
jeepfamily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #252 (permalink)

Member # 347
Happy to hear the trail is clear and everyone made it home from the extraction... this is good folks using excellent communication and solid teamwork. Thanks EVERYONE!

Randii
randii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #253 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
Aggro and another guy were long gone past that hole when those pics were taken. I have pics of the toyota extraction I'll try to get up later. It only took one winch, a lot of shoveling and about an hour to get the toy out. The boys seemed like cool guys that got caught in a storm. The rigs were plenty equipped. That hole is a sloppy mess, Aggro spent a lot of time winching to get past it. It stopped the group on Friday and I put on my waders to pull cable.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #254 (permalink)

Member # 7140
I have alot of pics. When I first stoped about where Mike is standing I opened my door and the roof of the toyota was a fiew inches under the bottom of my door
Attached Images

Last edited by Rollie; 01-13-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #255 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 32809
A big thanks to Chris, Alfred, Ken, the Pirates and everyone else who helped out in this situation. K5 was running pretty rough coming out, but Chris bypassed the isolater and she started running much better after that.

Sorry for the lag on the pics and updates and what not, no internet at my house right now. will try to get some stuff up today.

thanks again!

Morgan
momar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #256 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879

Looks like Klune is going to step up and do the right thing. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Glad you boys made it home, but my reputation is quickly going down the more people see this yota at my house.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #257 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 32809
Klune

good to hear! I'll give you a call tonight and see what we can do to get the yota outta there.

thanks!
momar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #258 (permalink)

Member # 65068
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfamily View Post
some pics!!!!!!!Thanks goes out to the pirates for the extraction of the green toy and thats to the rockwelld yj on 49 for the winch,Alfred for helpin out.....oh by the way Alfred I found a viair 12 volt compressor the 100% duty cycle hardmount sooooooo your wife"s landcruiser can use the arb front.You can have it for all the hard work you have done.
That's very nice of you Chris. We were debating taking the compressor out of the bronco for the fj, I'd like to not do that. Maybe there is something we can help you with or give you a little $$ for it?
You have our number, give us a call sometime.

Going back to basics... You're going to have to catch us.
Redheck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #259 (permalink)

Member # 70272
Talking Thanks Again Everyone!!!!!!!!

Just want to say how thankful I am for everyone who helped yank the yota out the way. thank you ken and chris for all your help and chris can't wait to get that yota out of there wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about you.jkWish I could of been there to help and thank you in person but had to work. well hope to meet more of you up there this year and I'll have a ice cold
coors waiting thanks
masteryota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #260 (permalink)
Need an LS

Member # 23188
15,000 views?

I think we broke a record in the Rubicon forum.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:00 AM   #261 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
hey redheck

Just come get it I dont want money.You have spent enough with helping out............... shoot ,I am going to be working up at there a day this week sometime I will leave it down the street from you at the house I am on.I had got a few of these from some car show guys and this was the last one,it has a wierd /modified air chuck/nozzle thingy for there airbags.I would personally retap the threads to fit a normal fitting ,it looks like jb weld on it.It works great though and can be easily used now with little mods.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #262 (permalink)

Member # 2634
WOW

That is awesome. Took me almost an hour to read it all and I am forwarding to others.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #263 (permalink)

Member # 65068
Quote:
Just come get it I dont want money.You have spent enough with helping out............... shoot ,I am going to be working up at there a day this week sometime I will leave it down the street from you at the house I am on.I had got a few of these from some car show guys and this was the last one,it has a wierd /modified air chuck/nozzle thingy for there airbags.I would personally retap the threads to fit a normal fitting ,it looks like jb weld on it.It works great though and can be easily used now with little mods.
Sweet/ Just give me the addy and I'll swing by and pick it up.

Going back to basics... You're going to have to catch us.
Redheck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #264 (permalink)

Member # 23409
optional equipment for winter

glad everyone is safe. back in the day, Jeeps were available with a winter option.
IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/willysworker/jeep%20stuff/widetrackCJ62.jpg[/IMG]
willysworker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #265 (permalink)

Member # 21033
Great read. Glad everyone is safe and sound.

Amazing dedication.
AprilzWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #266 (permalink)

Member # 164
Send a message via ICQ to cbassett Send a message via AIM to cbassett Send a message via MSN to cbassett Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett Send a message via Skype™ to cbassett
I was up on the trail this weekend. Aside from a couple huge ruts at the 2nd crossing (as you're heading in), the trail is in great shape. The weather was clear all weekend, until we made it back to the water crossings. The sleet started coming down heavy as we changed a slit tire on the other rig in our pair; he lost a tire just before entering the long crossing. Sleet turned to heavy snow by the time we reached WWCG. The snow stopped long enough to reseat an inner bead on the same rig (just a hint of his tough weekend ), then resumed until we had descended back to 50 and headed for In-N-Out for some grub before our drive back to the bay area.

Two pissers:

1) We picked up a sixer worth of Corona bottles and a couple Bud Light cans. Not much trash on any given weekend, but for them to be out there in these conditions strongly suggests a dedicated wheeler in a capable rig was also the callous and thoughtless a-hole that left his refuse on the trail. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRAIL.

2) On our way into the trail, we saw a full garbage bag buried in the snow by the water crossings. We made note of the location and committed to recover it on the way out. Well, tough times on my buddy's part and heavy sleet then snow at the time we reached the location and, you guessed it, we forgot to dig out and recover the bag. We did recover some of the loose trash, including a Coleman lantern manual and some food wrappers. Anyone heading in soon, please look for this bag. It'll be embedded in the top of the snowbank near the water crossings, on the right side (as you're heading in).

Last edited by cbassett; 01-21-2008 at 06:42 PM.
cbassett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 PM   #267 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879

Why post this here?I would suggest starting a new thread in the forum .BTW thank you for picking up the trash on the trail People like you are going to keep the trail open for a long time
Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #268 (permalink)

Member # 164
Send a message via ICQ to cbassett Send a message via AIM to cbassett Send a message via MSN to cbassett Send a message via Yahoo to cbassett Send a message via Skype™ to cbassett
Because of the relevance; the condition of the water crossing area, and the proximity of the beer bottles/cans and trash to that area.

I plan to post a thread with some pics, once I get some time.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:21 PM   #269 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbassett View Post
Because of the relevance; the condition of the water crossing area, and the proximity of the beer bottles/cans and trash to that area.

I plan to post a thread with some pics, once I get some time.
The water crossings are usually like that in the winter,there has been quite a few people up there since the pulling out of the vehicles.I know of at least 3-4 people(they all drink coors) up there this week,they had said they had seen others up there as well.Could be that maybe others had gotten stuck there and left there trash.I dont think its very nice to come up with your own conculsions.The toyota I pulled home had 4 or 5 bags of trash very well strapped down.

Last edited by jeepfamily; 01-21-2008 at 10:24 PM.
jeepfamily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 11:44 PM   #270 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22748
Wow, thats crazy, me, my dad, and my fiance were all up at loon sledding and stuff on Monday, we saw what i know now was the SAR guys in a white suburban with a ton of antenas and red/blue lights on it towing a trailer with 2 sleds, and 2 jeeps.
I wish i would have known all this was going on, i would have offered to help.
we were sleding down icehouse road on the way down from loon when we saw the CHP chopper fly over. Also saw a linx on the way up, that was pretty sweet.
Glad they all got out ok.

R.I.P. Jason
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GREAT SPIRITS HAVE ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS
-ALBERT EINSTEIN-
#472tellico rally

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/URL][/COLOR]KJ6IYH

Last edited by surpip; 01-22-2008 at 12:15 AM.
surpip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2008, 02:50 AM   #271 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879

Over 20000 views on the rubicon trail forum ................new record?
Old 01-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #272 (permalink)

Member # 40
Quote:
Over 20000 views on the rubicon trail forum ................new record?
I had to look asfter buying your tires

[COLOR=Red]--

:evil: # 530.532.4529:evil:[/COLOR]
TTC 2010 1989 BRONCO
:evil:-[COLOR="Red"]Awesome web development for your business[/COLOR].

SeaBass44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #273 (permalink)

Member # 81334
Wow, what a great ending. I am super glad that everyone made it out ok. If i would have known what was going on i would of helped in anyway i could,
this really shows how good our 4wheeling community really is...
a job well done...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #274 (permalink)

Member # 105905
It was a great effort by great people. It is a great community and I am so thankful. The boys are still trying to write an article.... and post more pictures on the website. What a team...
jerrittcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in