FOTR 2010 Yearly Meeting and Work Weekend Planning - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 57128
Sorry couldn't make it. Wife is very very sick and I'm home taking care of her. Hope someone takes good minutes and shares.
Yota Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 127276
got to see the new RTF ride

[QUOTE=randii;10095565] "gayly-painted and -stickered transports for bikini babes." :flipoff2:[/QUOTE]
1lilrasz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 7011
Send a message via AIM to Ten_Bucks Send a message via MSN to Ten_Bucks Send a message via Yahoo to Ten_Bucks
Just got back from the meeting. It was good to see some familiar faces and to meet new people. Looks like FOTR and everyone involved has a lot of work ahead of us. That turd tanker 'Mog was a cool sight to see, too.

Scott

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ten_Bucks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 04:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Send a message via Yahoo to Bebe
The FOTR Annual meeting went very well. We had a full day with lots of great information from our own membership and from our agency partners.

We began the meeting with introductions and comments from Del and Daphne to kick things into gear.

We then had a recap of workdays on the trail for the year, both the El Dorado side and the Placer side, I recapped the El Dorado and Doug Barr recapped the Placer. We have accomplished a ton last year and have even MORE to do this year.

I introduced a new oil cleaning product, that after*two trials on the trail, was modified to include a detergent free surfactant, an enzyme and a microbe. It took all the best of the two products we used to remove old oils stains from the granite, and added an enzyme for the fast acting breakdown of petroleum, and a microbe that contines to breakdown any oil that gets into the soil over time. The new product is called "S'oil Cleanse" and has now been added to the County's Grant request to be added to the free spill kits that we hand out on the trail, in convenient 8oz squeeze bottles. The product will also be available to the public and can be purchased in larger volume containers.
There were some meaningful highlights, one of them being a Lifetime Achievement Award presented to Mr. Dana Holland. Dana's achievements on the Rubicon go back over 30 years. One of the most notable projects being the Rubicon Springs Bridge, with the most recent being the Wentworth Springs Kiosk, Oil Containment Bdlg, and the Wag Bag collection Receptacle. I'll send out some photo's when I get them together.

Rubicon Trail Foundation recapped their grant funding and status for 2009-2010 grant cycle. They also had a show and tell of the new Pooper Unimog that will be used on the trail for pumping out the new toilets that will be installed (hopefully)*over the next couple of years at remote locations like*Spider Lake and Buck Island Lake.

Del held the annual election of the Trail Boss, and by a show of hands, I was elected by the present members. Del apologized for not holding an election at the time he chose to appoint Todd and I last year, but said he did what he did, and apologized again.

Shortly after we went straight into the business of the new Org Chart for FOTR, and all current appointments remained the same, and a couple of empty positions were filled. I can e-mail you the chart if you would like one.

I also briefly went over the CGS map provided to me by the County last week, that showed all of the areas that need our attention. We will again spend the majority of our time on the west side of the trail this year, but now have specific projects laid out before us. I will need folks to step up for Incident Commander Positions as we will have 5 work days this year. I can email a Calendar with all of the pertinent dates.

I asked the membership to assist with a project that will include a lot of buckets, and the major organized runs this year by JJUSA, Jeepers Jamborees and others like TLCA, Marlin Crawler runs too. We have a couple of areas that need to be filled back up to Original Grade. These will not be done during our normal workdays, nor by the County, but we will be handing out buckets to be filled with rock from a location on the trail, and dropped at Walker Hill and Winter Camp, the two more incised areas of the trail. More details to come as things come together.

We broke for lunch and were stuffed to the gills with the most amazing Rockhead food ever, Dale whipped up some chili verde, chicken and beef for a plethora of tacos. Wow, no wonder they are the official Cook Crew of FOTR! They Rock!

The Agency panel was very informative, and included USFS, EL Dorado County, Water Board and OHMVR Representatives. Grants for upcoming projects were discussed, as well as Forest Service Projects, and a continued vote of support from OHMVR.
Daphne Green from OHMVR communicated how important FOTR is, as it sets the standard NATION WIDE for what a collaboration of Volunteers and Agencies can accomplish together, and we were congratulated by other agencies on out talent, resources and our die hard desire to keep the Rubicon alive and well for future generations.
Diane Rubiaco from Pacific District spoke about defining some dispersed camping areas along the trail, and also providing a route to some of these areas. While details were not readily available, in a previous meeting, both Buck Island and Little Sluice/Spider lake areas were discussed. Very encouraging. She did say that they may not look like we image they should. but that she is looking forward to a collaborative process.
Vickie Sanders of El Dorado County told us about the grants being requested by the County on the Rubicon Trails behalf, and again thanked to volunteers for their work on the trail. Vickie is truly the lady who makes it all happen for us, working with both the DOT, Legal and the Supervisors office to advocate for us at every turn. I can't thank her enough.

Phil Jenkins of OHMVR described a collaboration of 4 Law Enforcement Agencies that will be active on and around the trail this year. He is working on a project to include 2 State Parks officers that will be placed at a mid trail position during the Summer.

Law enforcement this year will be the largest presence we have ever seen on the Rubicon Trail, with 2 full time State Parks LEO's, 2 Forest Service FPO's, and 2 full time Sheriffs officers.

Marty Hartzel from the Water Board came to tell us how we were progressing on the CAO, and let us know that everything is going as planned, all reports have been submitted on time, and that they are looking forward to the Long term management Plan and the Saturated Soils plan due this year.

As we wound things down, Duncan Waldrop took the time to discuss a Trail Patrol Project he has been working on for RTF. RTF hired him to design a trail patrol program that will be self sustaining. Duncan also presented the CalStar Program to members of FOTR, and we had to vote to be called a group just for this purpose. It was overwhelmingly approved, and now all members of FOTR are eligible for Cal Star Helicopter Insurance for $35.00 per year. If you are interested - contact Duncan, and he will get you the necessary information.

Thank you all who attended, presented and committed your time to the Friends of the Rubicon. We couldn't do it with out each and every one of you.

Thank you all for your vote and your vote of confidence. We are going to have a GREAT year, a PRODUCTIVE year, and will be one step closer to lifting the Clean up and Abatement Order.

Bebe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haulin the Groceries AND Haulin the MAIL

Last edited by Bebe; 02-28-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 2680
Having to pull in extra chairs to accomidate all the trail supporters that showed up was a nice problem to have.

This years meeting left me jazzed.

FOTR, trail volunteers and supporters are going to rock this year. Good friends, good times and GREAT food for a great cause.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 15043
looking forward to working with you bebe and the rest of the f.o.t.r. volunteers this summer no doubt it will be a lot of work-but it is neccessary if all of us want to continue to enjoy the rubicon trail. it was a full house sat. morning at cal 4 wheel headquarters. the unimog pumper truck is badass-kudos to john arenz and mr. mott for their efforts-i need a ride in that thing some day! the cal 4 wheel raffle jeep was on display as well. saw lots of familiar faces as well as many new faces. see you all in june......
Old 02-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 97797
Bebe
Congratulations on your election! I hear it was a hard fought campain.

Ride on
Brewster
CERA
Brewster2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster2 View Post
Bebe
Congratulations on your election! I hear it was a hard fought campain.

Ride on
Brewster
CERA
LOL Humor is always welcome.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 2037
Sounds like I missed a great meeting. I'm looking forward to another season of successful FOTR projects

'86 CJ7, ProRock60's, 4.88's/Detroits/35 Spline Alloys/CTM's, TBI 350, 700R4, 4:1 D300 w/Twin Stick, 17" x 8.5" Trail Ready HD Aluminum beadlocks, 37x13.5x17 Toyo MT's

Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers (TDO)

Wheelers for the Wounded of California
Rubicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
Mee too.....had last minute family up for the weekend. Glad to hear it went well and I look forward to the projects and events.

KC

Special Thanks to YUKON, BAJA DESIGNS.
UGET IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 263
Bebe -

Are the proposed work weekend dates still the same as your original post?

Phil
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJohnson View Post
Bebe -

Are the proposed work weekend dates still the same as your original post?

Phil
PJ,

July was changed but it has been edited in the original post.

If you like I can e-mail you a calendar - if you are on the mailing list, I sent it out on that list too, so you should have it as an attachment.

Bebe

Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 263
Thanks. We'll get the dates on our club calendar.

I did get the FOTR calendar but it was in a format that MSOffice could not open.

Phil
Old 03-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJohnson View Post
Thanks. We'll get the dates on our club calendar.

I did get the FOTR calendar but it was in a format that MSOffice could not open.

Phil
Never mind - I sent you a pdf.

Last edited by Bebe; 03-03-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 55622
I have updated the Rubicon Friends web site with the work weekend dates.

www.rubiconfriends.com
As we get closer to a work weekend, we will post a signup sheet on the site.

Todd
Raceline Wheel
Currie Enterprises
BFGoodrich Tires - KM2's
Advance Adapters
navy-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #41 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Never mind - I sent you a pdf.
Bebe can you email me the PDF as well! Thanks, KC

Special Thanks to YUKON, BAJA DESIGNS.
UGET IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 77042
FOTR Work Days.... info? plans?

I spent some time searching for threads/info on the upcoming work parties. I plan on being there, just wanted to know if I was lost or couldn't find information on where the work party in June is going to be, place to show up, possible projects. Thanks for any info, if nothing else, I'll see ya'll June 26!

-Mark
MrSammi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
flamethrower

Member # 75270
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy-jeepster View Post
I have updated the Rubicon Friends web site with the work weekend dates.

www.rubiconfriends.com
As we get closer to a work weekend, we will post a signup sheet on the site.

Todd
Waiting.....

I'll put up a post today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in